Rockstead Knowledge Thread

Hello everybody! Prospective Rockstead buyer here...

Does anyone know if Rockstead's free resharpening service applies to knives bought from any online shop, or is it just for their official shop?

Hello everybody! Prospective Rockstead buyer here...

Does anyone know if Rockstead's free resharpening service applies to knives bought from any online shop, or is it just for their official shop?
As long as your the original purchaser.

Hi guys. I am happy I found this thread because as of yesterday I am a proud owner of Rockstead Chou IW:)
I have a question - how often do you oil your Rockstead knife and what kind of oil you use?
Also do you get any conformation after registering your knife with Rockstead?

The weather is good here so I went out and took some photos of this beauty. Hope you like them.

Thanks in advance!!

p.s I've got the feeling this is not going to be my last Rockstead knife...

Attachments

• P1030315.jpg
    P1030315.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi guys. I am happy I found this thread because as of yesterday I am a proud owner of Rockstar Chou IW:)
I have a question - how often do you oil your Rockstar knife and what kind of oil you use?

The weather is good here so I went out and took some photos of this beauty. Hope you like them.

Thanks in advance!!

I’ve got four Rocksteads and they are fantastic! You’re gonna get hooked!

IMG_2697.jpeg

Hi guys. I am happy I found this thread because as of yesterday I am a proud owner of Rockstar Chou IW:)
I have a question - how often do you oil your Rockstar knife and what kind of oil you use?

Thanks in advance!!

If it's dlc coated you don't need to do much. Just wipe it down after use and strop the edge periodically

Last edited:
Last edited:
I use Frog Lube CLP on my SHU in ZDP189 and it has done me well. At one point, I must have put the knife away without cleaning it properly because it developed a minor amount of rust inside the fuller/hole and wiping it down with the Frog Lube got rid of the problem. I am not affiliated in any way with Frog Lube

I use Frog Lube CLP on my SHU in ZDP189 and it has done me well. At one point, I must have put the knife away without cleaning it properly because it developed a minor amount of rust inside the fuller/hole and wiping it down with the Frog Lube got rid of the problem. I am not affiliated in any way with Frog Lube
That's exactly what an undercover bootleg Frog Lube manufacturer would say 🤨

I need to try me some of that stuff one of these days.

Reactions: CPP
Thank you CPP! Will check it out.

I only buy USA Made.

Rockstead caught my eye sometime back.

Pieces of art. Tools too.

I would never disrespect one if ever I had one in hand. Not like Metal Complex who was misusing one and broke off the tip. A video of this still may exist.

I want one.

This thread makes determined to have one, one day. After I finish my quest of buying a knife from each of the 50 United States.

Quests are never easy, so give me time.

Knowledge=Value

I assume those pocket clips are aftermarket?

Yes, I mentioned the clips are Adam Purvis clips. On both of these knives, I had to send them in for several weeks to have the clips custom-made and fitted. Decided not to do that for the less expensive Hizen.

But I also have bought Adam Purvis clips for my Sharp by Design Apex, Spyderco Drunken, Koenig Arius, Adam Purvis Rook. Those did not need to be sent in for custom clips. He’s not a forum sponsor so I can’t give you a link or price, but Google is your friend.

Hey All,

Not sure I can post a direct link(?)....but I was on reddit and saw a post showing off a "rockstead" stand, which had 4 or 5 rockstead knives on it. One of them was, what appeard to be a Higo of some flavor.....The thing that stood out is it was a holey version and looked to have what appeared to be spade type shapes milled out all over.....One poster asked if it was aftermarket or factory and the OP said factory, which was followed up by "what model is it", to which there was no reply.

Sound familiar to anyone? It looked really cool. I cannot find it in their catalog myself.

Back