Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

I agree with Rich that the cinnamon stag bone damascus RRs are appealing knives! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I have a canoe from that series that arrived just over a month ago, and I haven't posted it here yet. So here are a couple of photos in my usual style. I doubt if this is the only knife from the cinnamon stag bone damascus series that I'll buy.
Mark side:
View attachment 1468628

Pile side:
View attachment 1468630

Main blade up close:
View attachment 1468631

- GT

That canoe looks really nice! I really like the swedge and long pull on the main blade.

I like the pics you posted, those knives are real lookers!
I have one of these, excellent knife and damascus
Wow, that a beautiful knife.
That canoe looks really nice! I really like the swedge and long pull on the main blade.
Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)
I first became aware of these Damascus Rough Riders in the "Totin' Today" thread a couple of months ago:

- GT

These are a really cool series. Are they really damascus? o_O

epYKV5Bl.jpg

I was fascinated to see that Rough Ryder's Sous Chef has a 'Granton Edge', like on the vintage Sheffield knives below, for example:

jTCxrcD.jpg

hWC8MRf.jpg

cYFGLSH.jpg

The Granton Edge was patented in 1928 by William Grant & Sons, a Sheffield firm, which date back to the early 20th century. Their knives are still manufactured in Sheffield.

So, an American-designed knife, made in China, with a blade with Sheffield heritage :) :thumbsup:

I got this on a whim. $15 I couldn't go wrong. I have got to say this is really nicely done. Perfect centering, symmetric grind lines, no gaps, the spine edges are nice and crisp without being sharp, nice snap/pull, and it's VG-10. I also really like the texture of the aluminum.

NUajxCXh.jpg

- well, tbh, that looks rather good.........and for $15 that is, well, crazy..........difficult to believe it can be that good, but certainly willing to try one

Would happily pay $15 more if they put a decent swedge on it though..........it really finishes it off :thumbsup:

- well, tbh, that looks rather good.........and for $15 that is, well, crazy..........difficult to believe it can be that good, but certainly willing to try one...
I might have gotten lucky, but the only ding I can really give it is the black coating for the bolsters. It's a little funky. They would have been better off leaving it the same green anno.

I got this on a whim. $15 I couldn't go wrong. I have got to say this is really nicely done. Perfect centering, symmetric grind lines, no gaps, the spine edges are nice and crisp without being sharp, nice snap/pull, and it's VG-10. I also really like the texture of the aluminum.

NUajxCXh.jpg
What model is that one? Neat!

Back