Rusty Slate Has Walked West

Our dear friend Rusty passed away early Tuesday morning, between 1230 and 1240 in the morning. He probably died of complications of Pneumonia. They do not know yet. He was buried this morning.

His widow asks that any donations in his regard be placed to the American Diabetes Foundation.

ON April 30th, at 2PM, there will be a memorial in Rusty's home town, that that would be a good opportunity for any who can to attend, or to have their own moment of respect in any manner they choose.

Personally, I'm going to find a place and time to fire the 41 Mag he gave me. As he once fired it in respect for one of his lost friends in a ghost town in Ca, so shall I regarding Rusty.

He loved the description of God as the Great Heart. His own heart was great, and I will miss him the rest of my days.

munk

My God, I don't know what to say.

I didn't even know that Rusty was sick...

First Uncle Bill and now this I can't beleive this has happened

He passed away less than 12 hours after he delivered the bad news about UB??? This clustering of deaths among good people is insane.

My condolences to those who knew him.

We had all had time to get used to the idea of Bill's passing, but the sudden and unexpected loss of our friend Rusty makes it doubly hard to bear. Condolences to his widow; smoke and prayers for the whole HI family. I rejoice that Bill and Rusty are together again, but mourn the loss of his strength and wisdom. Vaya con Dios, brother.

Rest in peace, my friend Rusty.

Bill will be there in the Bardo with a cold beer for you.

Namaste.

Rusty Too?? :( It is hard to believe we have lost both Bill and Rusty in a matter of days. My condolences to Rustys family. These are sad days indeed. :(

That is terrible news. Now we know why we haven't heard from him -- when he last posted, he was sick.

I regret his passing.

:(

Just like Uncle, getting the job done right up until the end. Definitely a surprise - though I'm not so surprised he was so quiet about it. Rusty, may you find wide open spaces and straight shooters wherever you go.

Rusty had respiratory weaknesses. He probably did not know how sick he was. He'd had a bad 'flu' for several weeks. He was 54.

munk

Prayers for Russ' family & loved ones. I just got the news from Yangdu. :(

Back