S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

marcus52AR

Gold Member
I'm going to get one of these. timthumb.jpeg-408x231.jpg
I wonder how long before they're available. I was tempted to grab an S30 version, but I'm happy I waited.

Reactions: Mo2
I don't own a Shaman yet but will probably grab this one as I'm a sucker for CF. I still want a Micarta handled one!

Too bad it's not peel ply cf (real cf with peel ply texture) and M4.

But still worth it. Way better than jade g10
I'm happy it's full carbon fiber. I don't mind the laminate on the sage and GB, I just prefer full cf.

I'm happy it's full carbon fiber. I don't mind the laminate on the sage and GB, I just prefer full cf.
Peelply carbon fiber is 100% cf. It's not g10 laminate with cf layer and peelply texture.

Peel ply is just the texture on the surface. Please don't go thinking peel ply is g10 laminate like on those models. Peel ply can be applied to both.

I have a couple of spydercos that are pure cf with peel ply texture on them. They are not the g10 laminate your thinking of

I like carbon fiber, but I personally prefer the feel in hand of Spyderco's G10, at least as compared to the carbon fiber that was on the M4 PM2 from Knife Works.

That said, I wish the G10 on the M4 Shaman was less slick. So, maybe in this pattern the CF might prove superior.

Its funny, everybody always finds some nitpicky thing about a new spyderco sprint knife. Its not this or this or this and it still sells out in 30 mins or less. :D

Peelply carbon fiber is 100% cf. It's not g10 laminate with cf layer and peelply texture.

Peel ply is just the texture on the surface. Please don't go thinking peel ply is g10 laminate like on those models. Peel ply can be applied to both.

I have a couple of spydercos that are pure cf with peel ply texture on them. They are not the g10 laminate your thinking of
Ah yes. The type of CF they used on the millies and the native sprint. I haven't owned that type of carbon fiber from spyderco, but generally I prefer smoother type knives.

I think with the contoured slabs the texture part on the flats might not contrast well. Just a guess, I don't know.

I got mine before the price hike so at almost 90 bucks more I don’t think it’s worth it for me. I reeeeally want a cruwear shaman so I think I’ll hold out in hopes they make one at some point. This is still a gorgeous knife though and if I didnt already have a standard shaman I probably would jump on it.

I will probably buy one but at $280 I am not 100% sure. We shall see. :)

That's going to be the street price? If so, I'm glad I bought the M4 version in the exchange for a hundred less.

Still holding out for a crucarta shaman. Hopefully it isn’t price the same as this one.
I like the name crucarta.
I thought about it though, and I think between the two versions I'd pick the CF version. A big factor in that decision would be the type and colour of micarta used.

I might have to buy a crucarta too if they become a reality. This will be my first shaman, so time will tell.

Really like the Shaman but dat price..

With the materials and the machining involved I'm sure its not a cheap knife to make..will have to see if the budget committee allows this one.

I'm going to get one of these. View attachment 1121276
I wonder how long before they're available. I was tempted to grab an S30 version, but I'm happy I waited.

Already have Mine on order with Knife Center!
Went with them this morning as they are the first taking pre-orders & I was at the head of the line :thumbsup:

Tempted to pickup 2 :D

Love me some S90V and the CF is a good bonus, now I don’t even have to pay for some aftermarket scales, lol. But still would love some Blue Micarta scales.
But I would not have been apposed to some layered Coyote tan/Earth Brown G10. That layering would make it pretty neat with the contouring on the Shaman scales.

I will probably buy one but at $280 I am not 100% sure. We shall see. :)

Holycow! That is an expensive knife. PM2 with M4 steel and peel ply cf is $50 cheaper. Military with S90V steel and cf/ti scales @ the same price did not move well, even after $80 discount it still took about one year to sell out IIRC.

$250 would be the max I am willing to pay for it and even that is because I like Spyderco.

Back