S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

They're slowing showing up at different dealers. I snagged one at smkw while they had some, it's on its way now. Just keep a keen eye out at different dealers
As for DLT, this was the answer they gave me via email 5 days ago when i was still hunting for one. sounds like they might be one of the later dealers to get any in stock

Any idea as to when we could expect these to drop?

Answer:

We have not received an ETA from Spyderco for these. Hopefully in the next 90-120 days.

I’m not sure how allocation is handled.

But most of the smaller shops have sold all they had. This is a Sprint run...Not the Paysan which is a production piece and will sell for awhile. So allocation to each Dealer is much smaller

Already sold out at DLT Trading, GP Knives, New Graham, St. Nicks, Blade Ops, House of Blades and most of the other smaller shops.

Basically leaving the super stores like Blade HQ, Knife Center and maybe a couple of other stores.

Total on these are 1000-1200ish. The 200 over is to take into account the Collectors Club also. Now divide that by how many dealers want some of these in the U.S. alone, not to mention the rest of the shops around the world!

Blade HQ and Knife Center will easily get around 200 each....so there’s 400 gone.

I also noticed most of the smaller dealers received there batch first. Leading me to believe that Spyderco is filling the larger orders to Big Box stores last. Once they hit BHQ, KC, KSF, KP, KJ that will be the last of them....then gone forever.

The seller on that auction site apparently still has all 10 in stock, so they certainly are not selling out everywhere.

Regardless, while tempting, I frankly have all that I need or want at this point. Yes, I could get "just one more". But where does it end? I am 99% sure that it would just sit...uncarried...unused...unseen. It might be a great knife (probably is), but so are the ones I already have. :)

I’m not sure how allocation is handled.

But most of the smaller shops have sold all they had. This is a Sprint run...Not the Paysan which is a production piece and will sell for awhile. So allocation to each Dealer is much smaller

Already sold out at DLT Trading, GP Knives, New Graham, St. Nicks, Blade Ops, House of Blades and most of the other smaller shops.

Basically leaving the super stores like Blade HQ, Knife Center and maybe a couple of other stores.

Total on these are 1000-1200ish. The 200 over is to take into account the Collectors Club also. Now divide that by how many dealers want some of these in the U.S. alone, not to mention the rest of the shops around the world!

Blade HQ and Knife Center will easily get around 200 each....so there’s 400 gone.

I also noticed most of the smaller dealers received there batch first. Leading me to believe that Spyderco is filling the larger orders to Big Box stores last. Once they hit BHQ, KC, KSF, KP, KJ that will be the last of them....then gone forever.

Where are you getting these numbers? Why do you think that Knife Center and BladeHQ will receive 20% of the public production each?

I’m not convinced these will be short supply given what is happening on the auction site. The rest is just speculation.

I predict these will be stock for weeks if not longer.
I'm not sure about weeks but I really don't think it will be hours as is sometimes the case. It's a hefty chunk of change and it's not the only knife people want. I want one but I won't cry if I miss it. The price will see to that. Do I want to go down the rabbit hole of buying Shaman sprints on top of the others. A little voice is telling me "stay away from the light".

I don’t completely disagree as I’m sure these will be around a little longer than most Sprint Runs due to Price.

My take on this Sprint Run Shaman is say you picked up a regular shaman at $187...some hit you with tax...so maybe $196 total. Then a few months go by and those Micarta or G10 or CF aftermarket scales from G10it or Cuscadi start looking appealing and you pick some up.

People get bored....we all tinker with our knife scales....don’t lie, lol.

Whelp now you’re right at the price for this Shaman S90v Carbon Fiber Sprint Run, if not more. Nothing wrong at all with S30v but the S90v is a great upgrade and CF scales already, so win win for me.

Now had they done some Natural Linen or Canvas Micarta instead of the CF scales I’m sure more would want one.
Just my ¢2

Last edited:
"Havoc" "Havoc" Please address my question: Where did you get those stock numbers? Where are you getting information that BladeHQ and KnifeCenter are getting 200 each and all the other dealers get to fight over the scraps? Or are you just making it up?

"Havoc" "Havoc" Please address my question: Where did you get those stock numbers? Where are you getting information that BladeHQ and KnifeCenter are getting 200 each and all the other dealers get to fight over the scraps? Or are you just making it up?

3902680-1562845908-V8y0c.gif

Last edited:
somber somber

Wow, so demanding, lol.

I was chatting to customer service at Knife Center on Friday about my pre-order and if I would make the cut. She slipped and said I would be ok even if I was 150th in line. So, yes, I may be rounding high but, when you say everyone else is getting scraps. Basically most of the smaller dealers get very little. So yeah, most smaller dealers get very few.

"Havoc" "Havoc" A simple, "I made the numbers up" would have been suffice. In reality, you have no idea how many KnifeCenter ordered or the other dealers, right?

Simmer down boys. This is a knife discussion forum. Otherwise take it outside.

Anyone know if sprints like this ever end up on the Spyderco website?

Would like to utilize their OpFocus program on this one if possible.

Back