S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

Decided to try an MXG Clip I had on-hand. I made the flat where it attaches the same thickness as the spyderco clip (used my micrometer) so I could reuse the factory screws. Then gave it a satin finish to match the blade. Not perfect by any means but helps keep the flow of the knife appealing. It’s a pocket clip, it’s going to get scratched up anyways. Tension is really good!

I’ve always liked this clip on spyderco’s since it has the matching Spydie hole

GyC4ltY.jpg

Does anyone know why the s90v cf shaman is selling like hotcakes on the secondary? Why are people offloading?

To me the Shaman in the regular grip, puts the blade too far forward with that huge ricasso. Choked up in the finger choil, it feels right, but the regular grip feels nose heavy and the edge is too far forward to me. It took me 3 tries with the Shaman to realize it's not for me.

How does the handle feel? Is it slick carbon fiber like the yojimbo?

I do not have the CF Yojimbo. I assume you mean the KW’s S90V Yojimbo?

The Shaman CF is smooth without texturing but it has a matte finish. I would call it smooth but I wouldn’t call it slick, that is subjective though.

How does the handle feel? Is it slick carbon fiber like the yojimbo?

I have the DLT CF 20CV Yojimbo and the Shaman CF S90V. The CF texture of both are nearly identical, however to me the Shaman feels just a bit slicker due to the greater chamfering.

I ordered one today. I should get it next week. It will be my first S90V blade!
Talked to a friend today who got to talk to Sal and Eric at bladeshow!
I was too busy to go...as usual. I want to thank them both for their great designs
...what a great company. I am really digging my Police 4 G10 with K390.

Epic. What can I say...I love big blades!

I am real excited about the Shaman...I can't wait to carry it!

It turns out the knife was out of stock. I was told a month or 2.
I canceled my order and bought a G10 Shaman from DLT.

I was told the reason it showed in stock was they received new ones
into inventory...then filled orders that were waiting.
I fail...I fail hard.

To me the Shaman in the regular grip, puts the blade too far forward with that huge ricasso. Choked up in the finger choil, it feels right, but the regular grip feels nose heavy and the edge is too far forward to me. It took me 3 tries with the Shaman to realize it's not for me.

I'm afraid I'll be in the same boat. I've not owned one yet as I'm waiting for the Cruwear/Micarta.
Hopefully it will work for me as I've also never handled one.

Using the Para3 deep carry clip on the Shaman works really well! Puts the end of the clip right where u want it. I did not like the Shaman specific deep carry clip and the clip itself moved sided to side at the end (because Clip width is too thin) and hold strength was suspect. This one holds nicely with zero fear of falling out of the pocket.

Last pick shows the cutout for the para3 hole which in no way causes any issues and you really cannot notice unless you look for it.

55GD7aq.jpg

UAXlHMB.jpg

iIEhMEm.jpg

Back