1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by marcus52AR, May 2, 2019.

1. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
  2. MaxFactor

MaxFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2012
  3. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Got the last one in stock at a large Canadian retailer.

4. "Havoc"

"Havoc" Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    I got an email from Blade HQ that the Shaman Sprint was In-Stock. Super good thing I picked one up from someone else. Didn’t see the email till 30 minutes later, and Blade HQ Sold out that fast.

Still have my pre-order in with KC, but love this one so much I want 2 of them :D.
    Fit and finish is superb, and it has drop shut action right out the box and zero blade play, even when lock is disengaged! It’s like a perfect broken in Shaman but brand new. Even the wife likes this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KarlG and marcus52AR like this.
  5. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    That is one serious block of CF!

How is the texture? Similar to the PM2 I hope.

Lately there has been some increasing groans over pricing, with some validity. In this case, I think it’s reasonable- $270 for a lot of S90V, 3D machined CF and US manufacturing really isn’t bad.

"Havoc" and marcus52AR like this.
  6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    These pictures make me happy about pulling the trigger on this sprint. (Not that I had much control of the situation. Haha)

Are these all gone? Or a few dealers still haven't got theirs yet?

I'm wondering if this is the same CF as the cruwear manix.

"Havoc" likes this.
  7. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011

Still a handful of dealers who haven't gotten theirs in yet. DLT trading should be any day now I'm guessing. Mine will be here tomorrow, got 2 of them. My friend and I both loved these. GP Knives I don't believe has gotten them in yet either.

marcus52AR likes this.
  8. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    @grumpy514

You picked yours up from the same place a me :thumbsup:

Did you get yours yet?

Just got mine from Ye Ole Country today! Will get my other one from Knife Center, they should get some any-day now.

TenShun705 likes this.
  9. grumpy514

Jul 3, 2011
    Mine was supposed to be here Wednesday but the post office jacked that all up, hopefully I can pick it up at post office tomorrow. Just did the re-direct to leave it there at post office. Was really hoping to get it in hand today but that didn't work out. I did get my Arius in today however so I'm still happy!

marcus52AR and "Havoc" like this.
  10. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    @grumpy514

You will really enjoy this Shaman :thumbsup:

Arius is pretty sweet, nice pick!

11. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    I do not own the PM2 in CF, but can say for sure this CF is just as nice as the CF used on Koenig Arius!

Completely agree with your statement. That’s why I picked one of these up! I had purchased a regular Shaman 3 days before Spyderco dropped word about this Shaman Sprint. So returned the OG Shaman and picked the Sprint run Shaman up instead.

100% night & day difference!!!

This thing feels like a fixed blade in hand once locked-up

This Sprint run Shaman is finished so perfectly and Spydie Flicks so nicely that I didn’t even have to take this one apart....Normally you do.

Like you said, S90v, Quality CF scales and biggest part....Made in U.S.A, Golden Colorado :thumbsup:

Hope you picked one up

marcus52AR likes this.
  12. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    If any of yall are still interested, I just picked up one of these from knivesshipfree while they were still in stock. I figure if I don't like it, it will sell pretty easily here.

13. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    How does the weight on these compare to the G10?

One of the reasons I’ve never bought a Shaman is the weight, I also feel like the big steel backspacer should have been standoffs

14. VernonRemington

VernonRemington Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sold out now. I guess I’ll keep an eye out on sales forum.

15. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    Sooo Nice I bought it twice :D

This is one I just had to get an extra. These are so nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. grumpy514

Jul 3, 2011
    A must when I got mine. Disappears in the pocket now!

MXG

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. "Havoc"

Mar 20, 2016
    @grumpy514

Nice! That black clip looks good. I wasn’t sure if it would, so thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

18. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    In-stock at DLT.

19. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ok, I see it now.

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  20. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006