1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by marcus52AR, May 2, 2019.

1. Nicholas Davis

Nicholas Davis

May 29, 2016
    These are available at Ye old cutlery and bento box. Also pre-order from Knifecenter.

2. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    At the Spyderco booth at Blade they told me it would be a long time before the Cruwear/Micarta version comes out. :(

Freedom Pullo likes this.
  3. Nicholas Davis

Nicholas Davis

May 29, 2016
    I just unboxed the Shaman Carbon fiber. I can't stand the way that guard pinches me on the closing of blade. For $ 300.00 I can find a knife that suits me better. I collect and have lots of Spyderco's of all different styles and flavors. I cant get around that guard pinch. Otherwise a pretty knife. It did come really stiff and I could have fixed that, which would have help with some of the pinch. That nub just ruins the compression lock experience for me. I will return and someone else can enjoy it.

4. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    The S90V blade is tough, to beat!

5. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Nicholas,

Welcome to our forum.

It's not really a "pinch", but more of a light touch. It's a nice piece and you might try to extend the effort to tolerate the touch?

sal

6. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Forgive my ignorance as I've never handled a Shaman but I'm confused on what exactly is pinching you?

The compression lock on my G10 Para 3's pinch me if closed a certain way. Is this what you're referring to?