S90V Shaman Carbon Fiber Sprint

I'm afraid I'll be in the same boat. I've not owned one yet as I'm waiting for the Cruwear/Micarta.
Hopefully it will work for me as I've also never handled one.
At the Spyderco booth at Blade they told me it would be a long time before the Cruwear/Micarta version comes out. :(

I just unboxed the Shaman Carbon fiber. I can't stand the way that guard pinches me on the closing of blade. For $ 300.00 I can find a knife that suits me better. I collect and have lots of Spyderco's of all different styles and flavors. I cant get around that guard pinch. Otherwise a pretty knife. It did come really stiff and I could have fixed that, which would have help with some of the pinch. That nub just ruins the compression lock experience for me. I will return and someone else can enjoy it.

Hi Nicholas,

Welcome to our forum.

It's not really a "pinch", but more of a light touch. It's a nice piece and you might try to extend the effort to tolerate the touch?

sal

I just unboxed the Shaman Carbon fiber. I can't stand the way that guard pinches me on the closing of blade. For $ 300.00 I can find a knife that suits me better. I collect and have lots of Spyderco's of all different styles and flavors. I cant get around that guard pinch. Otherwise a pretty knife. It did come really stiff and I could have fixed that, which would have help with some of the pinch. That nub just ruins the compression lock experience for me. I will return and someone else can enjoy it.

Forgive my ignorance as I've never handled a Shaman but I'm confused on what exactly is pinching you?

The compression lock on my G10 Para 3's pinch me if closed a certain way. Is this what you're referring to?

Back