SAKs to consider buying?

My favs: Vic Alox Farmer, Vic Huntsman or Climber, a 111 mm Vic Forester, and ABOVE ALL the discontinued (but still available) Vic Safari/Trooper which has wonderfully robust tools (larger spearpoint, the longest awl, the longest corkscrew - great for unknotting knots - and a thick/aggressive saw blade with a screwdriver/can and bottle opener tip - all the right tools and nothing more, plus textured nylon scales with a lanyard/neck string hole THROUGH the handle!

A great feature!!!! 108's rock!!!! :thumbup:

My favorite by far for edc is the Huntsman plus. I want to like other knives more but this one is the best I can find as far as the size to tool ratio. Other than that....Alox models sure are purdy. I also like the Outrider for camping.

Bantam, Solo, Pruner, Pioneer (Original or Harvester), Carver (copper), Farmer (red, orange, and silver), Electrician (Plus if you can find it; but, the original is also quite useful). In no particular ranking, but in order with the picture. As you can tell I like mine in Alox. Plastic scales have a tendency to warp, bend, and pop off. For obvious reasons, I have never had that issue with the Alox.
The two on either side are the Classic on the left and a Mini Champ on the right. I'm not sold on the Mini Champ though; mine is real loose and there is no snap to the tools. Could just be this particular one though.

20140627_163947.jpg

Last edited:
Not just yours. The alox minichamp is like that. Don't know why, but I have never had any problems with mine. It is a red one from B+

Bantam, Solo, Pruner, Pioneer (Original or Harvester), Carver (copper), Farmer (red, orange, and silver), Electrician (Plus if you can find it; but, the original is also quite useful). In no particular ranking, but in order with the picture. As you can tell I like mine in Alox. Plastic scales have a tendency to warp, bend, and pop off. For obvious reasons, I have never had that issue with the Alox.
The two on either side are the Classic on the left and a Mini Champ on the right. I'm not sold on the Mini Champ though; mine is real loose and there is no snap to the tools. Could just be this particular one though.

20140627_163947.jpg

I like both scale types but I'm heavily into ALOX myself! :thumbup:

ALOX_zps165760c1.jpg

All 93's, Pioneers, Farmers, Soldiers, Solos and a DAK, Rancher, custom, etc thrown in. Added about 6 or so to the pile since this pic.

That green canvas bag and its contents have had me drooling multiple times. Very nice collection. I like that you have a good mix of old cross, old shield and new shield.

I vote for the Waiter.

best

mqqn

I like both scale types but I'm heavily into ALOX myself! :thumbup:

ALOX_zps165760c1.jpg

All 93's, Pioneers, Farmers, Soldiers, Solos and a DAK, Rancher, custom, etc thrown in. Added about 6 or so to the pile since this pic.

It appears there's a critical shortage of ORANGE ALOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That green canvas bag and its contents have had me drooling multiple times. Very nice collection. I like that you have a good mix of old cross, old shield and new shield.

Thank you teranaut! I just collect what I like but the rising cost of cool ALOX has put them out of my reach. I bought the bulk of my collection when a minty Soldier or red Pioneer was around $20.00 - $25.00.

I just collect what I like but the rising cost of cool ALOX has put them out of my reach.

I know exactly what you mean. The price tag of some of the more esoteric models like the First Mate or Sailor talk me right out of buying another. However, you can sometimes find good deals in some of the more common, but still incredibly useful, offerings.

Great looking collections guys. :thumbup: I don't know what it is, but when you get a bunch of alox together in a picture I just feel warm and gushy inside. :D

I wish I had a picture of my whole alox collection together.

Great looking collections guys. :thumbup: I don't know what it is, but when you get a bunch of alox together in a picture I just feel warm and gushy inside. :D

I wish I had a picture of my whole alox collection together.

:eek: You're gonna need a wide angle lens! :D

:eek: You're gonna need a wide angle lens! :D

And a ladder to stand on!

I honestly don't know how much alox I have. I fell off as of late, but accumulated a good amount over the years. I have a rough estimate as to the number, but a head count would be nice. If I see a model I know if I have it or not though. :thumbup:

Back