Sal saves the day!

Hi Ryan,

I received your knife yesterday. It seems your lack of patience is exceeded only by your rudeness. We have replaced your knife, but in my investigation, every single area you touched; face book, customer service, our forum, etc. indicated that you are / were a butt hole in your dealings with us. Please enjoy your new knife and should you decide to deal with Spyderco again, please learn some manners or go elsewhere. Your kind understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

sal

Because of this post I went and bought myself a PM2 and a Tenacious for my brother.

See now when I take a shot back at you after that cheap shot I'm the bad guy.

Why you gotta start mess?

I'm not starting anything. I read the entire thread, and am surprised at how kind Sal has been. I think his comment, which is out of character for him on this forum from what I have seen, says just how rude you come off. I personally, aren't really fond of people who curse at a woman that is just trying to do her job. People make mistakes. Rudely accosting Spyderco at every venue you can think of, and having zero patience when Sal received your knife is telling. You seem like you think you are entitled to something with your attitude.

As someone who has built, maintained and moderated discussion forums for as long as they've been around, there is one saying that I always keep in mind when I post anything. No disrespect to the disabled (I have a disabled daughter) but it goes like this:

"Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; you may win, but you're still retarded."

There's also another metric by which I judge my own conduct on the Internet. I don't want to post anything I would be ashamed for my mom to read. I was also lucky enough to have mentors early on, and I don't want to let down those people who put their careers on the line to get mine going. Too many people gave too much of themselves for me to be where I am today, and while none of us are angels, I won't give anyone regret for believing in me. The shame alone would kill me.

So, I think it's important to have those anchors, those boundaries, to test everything against what you put out into the world. My biggest mentor is a retired Marine Colonel who went back to school in his spare time as CEO of a large corporation to get his PhD. I was homeless as a temp at an insurance company when I met him a quarter century ago. All these years later and I'm still not worthy. I'm 49 and work out every day and he's even in better shape than me and 20 years older. All I have to do is ask myself what someone like that would think of my post. Actually he would tell me to get off the computer and go workout, so I'll leave you with my few semi-coherent thoughts. It's important to ask yourself, what are your values, and how does what you post align with those values? At least it's important for me personally. YMMV.

Very well said.

Because of this post I went and bought myself a PM2 and a Tenacious for my brother.

I wouldn't doubt that this thread has (or will shorty) sold hundreds of knives.
Yeah well, I'm an old traditional guy but I feel the urge to buy one of Sal's knives now. Might even park my Ulster Barlow on the dresser and give it some pocket time.
Gold, Silver or Anejo ?

sal

Anejo if you please. A margarita with two chilled sidecars.

Back