1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SAL.......... you may want to check on this ASAP

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by exracr, Jan 25, 2017.

1. exracr

exracr

Feb 7, 2016
    Go to FB Spyderco page and see what your customers are saying about Spyderco's Customer Service. Just a heads up.

2. aquaman67

aquaman67

Jan 27, 2012
    For those of us who don't use Facebook could you describe what's going on?

3. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    I looked and didn't see anything.

4. Pino

Pino

Jul 26, 2007
    What's with all these people directly trying to communicate with Sal and Eric?
    Just because they're accessible online doesn't mean your opinions are important enough to tell them.

5. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    It's not in Spyderco's FB page but in one of the private groups. I saw it last night and, in a nutshell, it's just someone whining about not being able to get a pivot screw for his Domino. Then some others were chiming in about how they were mistreated and others saying how they had good service. Typical conversation for these FB groups.

6. FriarPhenn

FriarPhenn

Dec 28, 2014
    I feel like we have one of those threads pop up here every so often, too. Inevitably, it nets positive.

Hard to beat Sal and company when it comes to customer service and accessibility.

7. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Exracr,

I don't do facebook. Barely have enough time to visit here.

sal

8. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Facebook is a total cesspool. Everyone has an account and just posts whatever they want to, regardless of an uninformed or informed opinion.

9. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    It's unfortunate that the fan websites or pages go from a genuine place for sharing info like this and change to "He-Man Spyderco Haters Club".

About all you can do as a company is present your own page as a professional spot and don't grant any credibility to the spots that use social media pile-on to try and force you to betray your principals.

10. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I can't even imagine this kind of post being taken seriously. Come on bro.

11. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    if spyderco could cease the use of Red Locktite that would solve alot of issues for people who need to maintain their tools.

12. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Facebook :barf:

13. msierant

msierant

Feb 24, 2009
    greetings all,
    just ordered a black clip for one of my para-2's from kris at the store. couldn't ask for more friendly customer service. keep the whiners on facebook, please. best regards to all.
    mike

14. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Facebook drama..

15. J85909266

J85909266

Jun 6, 2005
    The FB group trashes the customer service constantly. I stay in it for the good people and the info on new models. That's the nature of FB. You take the good with the bad.

16. BOHAWG

BOHAWG Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Amen Brother!

17. Slumblor

Slumblor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Sal is a smart man

18. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Exactly why I deleted my account on January 1st. Haven't missed it one bit!

19. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    And exactly why I left that shit social site years ago.

FU , FB :D

20. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    And if they replaced it with J.B. Weld, maybe they would finally get through to those people that being put together with screws does not mean you have to take it apart.