SAL.......... you may want to check on this ASAP

I got a PM2 for my friend for birthday. It came and the pivot needed to be loosened. It was stupid tight and also really off center. This wasn't going to wear in. The grinds on the blade looked horrible, so the very same day as I got it, I went and sent it in to Colorado for 40 canadian along with a letter of how I want to see it adjusted. I asked for the blade to be centered and be more free dropping, and mentioned that I am ok with a bit of side to side to accommodate this if it has to be.
So it came back took like 3 weeks or more, different blade, really sharp and toothy. Awesome job. It was still tight but now centered... I guess the best they could do... However, after opening and closing it a bunch of times the blademoved from it's center the same day.
I took the matters to my own hands. This is not my first PM2. Took the blade out got a nice laser engraving done to it for my friend. Put the thing back together and tuned it how I like. This is one finicky knife with free spinning standoffs, pivot and a stop pin lol, but I like it you can really tune it. Put a blue loctite this time and till this day thing is centered and has no issues.
Sorry for voiding the warranty but I just couldn't give my friend a poorly executed knife for his 30th birthday.

Must drive Sal nuts. People just can't leave s**t alone. The internet turned people into one big giant, "my c**k is bigger than yours" world. People just can't leave well enough alone....always taking s**t apart to add some magical oil they read about, to polish a washer...whatever. All because other people do. When I got my first Spyderco, there was no internet per se. No blade forums, no reddit threads about replacement scales etc. You bought a knife and carried it and if it was defective, your returned it or called the company....or threw it away. Then these same tw**s buy a two hundred dollar knife and try and disassemble it with a Dollar Store torx set. They then strip a head, cross thread a pivot, whatever and now it is Spydercos fault....then some other dufface sees the post on some guy stripping a screw and spreads the rumor that Spyderco has low quality parts. Oh, and then complain on a Facebook page that is not associated with Spyderco and now complains on forums that Spyderco has crappy customer service.

I am surprised Sal is not an alcoholic.

Edited for my potty mouth :)

Last edited:
It's all good homie calm down. Just no need for red loctite that's all. And us customizing the knife just shows how much we love the product and is a pretty good promotion for spyderco I beleive. Sal is the man :thumbup:

41rC7NSjrqL._SX425_.jpg

"Teach your kids how pocketknives work and enjoy a fun family project at the same time"

We like taking shit apart I guess.

It's a production knife world, it's not going to be perfect. When people see screws, they can take apart before buying the knife, it's a feature that should be supported.

PS.. sorry I don't even know what this thread is fully about lol I came here for the loctite

Last edited:
Must drive Sal nuts. People just can't leave shit alone. The internet turned people in to one big giant, "my cock is bigger than yours" world. People just can't leave well enough alone....always taking shit apart to add some magical oil they read about, to polish a washer...whatever. All because other people do. When I got my first Spyderco, there was no internet per se. No blade forums, no reddit threads about replacement scales etc. You bought a knife and carried it and if it was defective, your returned it or called the company....or threw it away. Then these same twats buy a two hundred dollar knife and try and disassemble it with a Dollar Store torx set. They then strip a head, cross thread a pivot, whatever and now it is Spydercos fault....then some other dufface sees the post on some guy stripping a screw and spreads the rumor that Spyderco has low quality parts. Oh, and then complain on a Facebook page that is not associated with Spyderco and now complains on forums that Spyderco has shitty customer service.

I am surprised Sal is not an alcoholic.

you are going to blame someones tools that you have NO idea what ones they are even using? lol
the rest of your post still doesnt make sense. people will take apart and maintain there tools, why are you saying your opinion is the right way?

In the Shiny Footprints spirit, let's turn this thread into something positive if we're gonna comment at all.

I for one have had nothing but BEYOND the best of anything anyone could ever ask for. That includes great communication, free parts, and even LONG telephone conversations about lock mechanics and other things.

Sal and friends are doing something right, here.

Thanks.

Same here.^
For reasons mentioned, I started EDCing Spyderco again and I do not see me with another brand of knife.
rolf

Screwdriver, maybe you could try to express your thoughts without the vulgar language. It's offensive and unnecessary.

I swapped the scales on my natural g10/M4 for some sketchen micarta without incident. Just took my time and made sure the wrenches were lined up. Required a bit more force than I anticipated but just kept consistent pressure, perpendicular to the screw. I could see how someone trying to gracelessly muscle these out might encounter an issue.

I love Spyderco and will continue (with out issue) to take them apart :)

Try and stop me!

you are going to blame someones tools that you have NO idea what ones they are even using? lol
the rest of your post still doesnt make sense. people will take apart and maintain there tools, why are you saying your opinion is the right way?

It's an opinion. Not a fact....

Never said it was.

I have no problems with screws opinion. I agree with some of it also.
I also think that we should be able to adjust at least the pivot tension on folding knives with washers.
Like what other folder out there in 2017 has permanent loctite on it.
I told my friend to get a tenacious and I sharpened and adjusted it for him. The screws were practically falling out of that thing.
There must be some other motive behind this red loctite on certain models. If this is some kind of a premium feature so the screws don't back out on you, is the blue one not plenty strong?

Ha! Here's one for ya, Mr. Bond. I've been carrying my PM2 for the last month exclusively... no Super 7 for a while.

JB- My CQC7 is in my drawer, on call.
Overall, I just prefer the Spyderco. Just like Anthony.^
rolf

Yeah, the PM2 is smooth, versatile, pocketable, very ergonomic... it's an excellent design. I do, however, have my eye on the Chinook 4; that looks like a very sweet knife. All that belly on that blade! The Emerson that has my attention right now is the Aftershock, because I love bowie/ clip blades. But that Chinook 4 will most likely be my next folder.

I'm with you guys on the Spyderco appreciation.

I'm rocking a Tenacious, which I've put up against my Emerson. It does everything better.

BUT

My 7 is "my" knife for some reason. Gotta have it on me every day. So I carry both. ☺👍

Never thought I'd hear Rolf or Anthony ditch the sevens, tho. Lol!

PS, if anyone knows where the heck a forgetful person like my self would stash a bright blue handled Delica FFG, when leaving on vacation camping, let me know.
I durned hid it too good. Or lost it.....Or...., I'm getting too old to keep track of my sharp things......

As an old fart (turn 70 next month!) I can give you a good hint at how to find it. Whenever I go to look for something I just realized is missing I usually find the last thing I couldn't find. To find your Delica, just lose something else and start looking for it. :)

Back