Saying Goodbye To Pappy

I just left a phone call from Pappy's wife-
Pappy is doing badly and is expected to pass away in a few days.

He will not be able to write me. That's what she called to say- at least, that was one reason for the call. But reason for the call, reason for the call, was my chance to tell her we'd all prayed for Pappy, that he was missed, that she walk in God's grace, and to thank her for Pappy's friendship.

His name is Jerry Peasley and we remember him in our prayers this evening.

munk

munk--thanks very much for keeping the Cantina appraised of Pappy's condition. Not an easy task for sure. I will always have fond memories of him.

--Josh

Sad, yet comforting to know so many are thinking of him.

Thanks enormously, munk. This is at least one of the attaboys that an "oops" doesn't, can't cancel.

Thank you munk, it's never easy to the bearer of bad news. Pappy, you will be missed and prayed for. Go in peace.

I wish I could think something appropriate.

May the lord bless and keep him.

We will be praying for the family. What a sad time. I'm glad she called you munk to let us know. So sad. :(

i haven't been around long enough to know who this pappy person is, but i wish him the best.

i'm gonna go and look at his previous posts. there's a sort of immorality here on the forum.

:(

May his passing be without pain, he will be in good hands. I pray for 'La Senora' and the Family. He is a good man....

Family and friends will be included in this evenings prayers.

Pappy...see you later.

~
"His name is Jerry Peasley and we remember him in our prayers this evening."
~

Looking at a set of carving tools Pappy gave me right now.....what was once a nice gesture, is now an heirloom. Thanks, Pappy. Sail on.....

Sorry to hear this news. I will be sending out smoke to help guide him to his next life. May his passing from this one be painless.

Hard to believe. We never conversed, but I always enjoyed his input.

Happiest trails, Pappy

Back