Saying Goodbye To Pappy

I never met him personally but I've talked with him via phone and email and am convinced he was a good man and has nothing to worry about. I wish him well on his journey and feel confident he'll have a good life next time around.

What n2s said.

I'm hoping he doesn't meet the expectations, unless that's what he wants to do now.

I'm hoping he goes if that's what's ordained, and doesn't fight it.

I'm all for a miracle. I don't trust the medical profession, but generally, if they're willing to say a few days, it's a few days. They wait till it's a no brainer.

munk

Smoke and prayers for Pappy and his family.

"For a man who has done his natural duty, death is as natural as sleep."

~George Santayana

God Speed Pappy. May your passing be painless. You and your posts will be missed. :( .

I will not soon forget the times we spent in the parking lot of the Dog & Duck Pub, startling the passersby with big blades and big laughter, or the sight of Pappy roaring off on his big black motorcycle, heading home to the wife he loved so dearly and spoke of with such affection. Semper Fi, indeed.

Prayers and best wishes for Pappy and his family. May they find strength and comfort in these trying times. :(

and strength to the rest of his family.

From the Havamal:
Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies
Of one who has done well

Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But I know one thing that never dies,
The glory of the great dead

Keith

Jerry passed Monday morning at 1:00 AM.

His daughter in law was kind to think of us and to call me a moment ago. Mrs Peasley wanted to but could not trust herself on the phone. I let them know prayers were heading their way from Pappy's friends at Himalayan Imports forum.

If anyone wishes to send respects to the family here is their address:

Mrs Jerry Peasley
101 PineValley Loop
Smithville TX
78957-5274

munk

Munk, is there anything you can think of that we as a group could do: favorite charity, flowers...? I know Pappy only through his posts, and don't have a good idea of the rest of his world.

Godspeed, Pappy. Your suffering is no more. Munk, thank you very much for the bittersweet update. Very heavy hearted right now. :(

Jake

I was just writing a check. The Peasleys do not have a lot of money. Any response is great, I know from the past, but personally I wanted Mrs Peasley to have whatever small donation I could make to help make the next steps easier for her.

Remember how Jerry used to talk with glee about every new khuk? His wife was so good to him- she knew how much they meant. But he never owned a lot of them- I'd be surprised if the number ever reached ten. I know he gave several of those away.

If you guys want a forum effort, I know that would be great. Anything is great. There is no acknowledgement right now, be it card or donation or flowers, that will not help the family.

munk

Safe journey, Pappy. When we pass on, we'll be able to tell Pappy went before us because the path will be free of snakes, well at least whole ones.

--Josh

If someone is willing to accept pool paypal donations, and then we could send one big check, Id be willing to throw some money in. Dont have much cash, but in this case, it is definitely a situation where debt is good. Anyways, thirty or so dollars off the credit card wont make or break me, but just might make a little difference in Pappy's family's life. I know every little dollar helped when my father passed.

I USPS mailed a "good-bye" note to Jerry when munk first posted this thread.

In part, I said He had many friends he had never met. I also mentioned that he had earned the respect of folks who don't casually respect other folks.

I doubt it arrived in time, but I hope he knew. :(

Kis
We have so much

Very sad news. Thanks for the update munk.

I only knew Pappy through his posts and the times we emailed each other. He was every bit a real Marine. Go in peace Brother.

Back