Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

Imperial made these for many years.
here is one of the newer ones. Its not an exact match but very close.

IK65-4A.jpg

I noticed that in post #5 there was mention made of some models with the LB designation. Can someone please tell me what that indicates? I have a single blade folder that's stainless steel (presumably 440) with a wood grain handle but the blade is not marked as Schrade family. I'm wondering what the LB stands for? Thanks for your help. I would do a search but that's not available to me on this forum.

Also, I've got a small Schrade NY USA stamped Model 34OT Old Timer that I've had for years. Still a great knife. Where can I find what year that particular model was made? Thanks for your help.

The LB designation, to the best of my understanding, stood for "Lock Back". The LB1, LB3, LB5, LB7, and LB8 were all folding lockback knives. I can't give you and exact date on the 34OT, as they were made by Schrade for many years. If you tell us what the tang stamp reads, in how many lines, some people here could at least narrow it down to a range.

Dave

Like Dave said! Schrade made the 34OT for many years. They were in production from 1964 right up to 2004. It was one of, if not the best seller for Schrade.

If the tang stamp Just has Schrade USA NY in various configurations, we no it was made after 1973 or thereabouts. 34OT knives made before 1973 were stamped Schrade Walden NY USA. Take a picture if you can!!

Russell

Schrade
NY USA
34OT

This is the tang stamp on the 34 that I have. Thanks for your help.

Puts the knife somewhere after 1973, to around 1980 (give or take). Not sure when they dropped the NY from the name. If this knife is original o the box, it would be a later one. Right after they changes the stamp, they used a little larger box with a blue cardboard insert. This one has a blue spongy insert.

34OT_pack_f-1.jpg

Last edited:
can anyone tell me about an imperial schrade barlow with the pat.numbers on the blade 2284833 ,2689400 ,2476855

G'day Photo 21045, Fellow South Aussie....I have brought up a previous thread which mentions your Patent under heading 'help identify' below.....
If you go to lrv ,Larry Vickery's site, 'Schrades R Us' you can search Patents and a whole lot more about USA Schrade..possibly more than you would have ever thought possible for one man to assemble.....Hoo Roo

I stumbled across an old Schrade pocket knife. I have tried to look up the Tang but I am at a dead end. It doesnt match. The outside of the knife has a blank emblem..looks like a police shield. The number on one of the blades is 62206 or 622106. It is a 2 blade knife and has a rough brownish handle. Any help would be appreciated.

First off, I should confess that I am a dedicated Buck collector, but please don't hold that against me.

I acquired the below pictured knife in my wanderings and am wondering about its age and possible value. While the picture makes the sheath look used--it is not. The unused stone is still in its original platic envelope. The knife, while appearing unused, has clearly been sharpened. The box is mint.

could one of you gentlemen help out an old Buck collector with whatever information you might have. I did go through all 18 pages of your FAQ but found nothing that assisted me.

Thanks in advance

Telechronos:):):)

Telechronos,

Nice example of an early 165OT! They were first introduced in 1967, and with that low serial number yours is likely from the first, maybe the second year production. I'm always hesitant to place values, your best bet would be to look up completed sales on Ebay, but I'd guess that between $75 and $125 isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe a bit more if you get the right bidders.

Eric

Deja vu all over again. I have two of those knives. I sold the "Grit" newspaper (a weekly publication) back in the mid-sixties. You accumulated points for each copy sold. The paper had a store which you could cash your points in for various merchandise. Carried those knives deer hunting for some time! I don't know how you came by yours, but if it were me, I wouldn't change a thing about them. They're time pieces. Only collecting in value. Not a lot mind you. Try to find out more on their history . :thumbup:

Just want to say a big Thank you to all the people that took the time to help inform us less knowledgeable folks out here. I really appreciate it. I have only been looking and collection knives since 2001, while laid up from a botched surgery, for a year. I got my knife interest at that time. I have met in person and over the internet so many friendly and knowledgeable people out there, willing to help a novice collector. Thank all of you again.:)

my dad has a schrade waldon with white with red stripes. it looks like a killer clown's knife!

Hi, I have just picked up a new SWAJB47 SCHRADE - WALDEN AMBER BONE STOCKMAN. I've been trying to find out the history of this knife and and I read online that these were made by Camillus under license from Taylor Brands after the old factory closed in 2004?

Hi, I have just picked up a new SWAJB47 SCHRADE - WALDEN AMBER BONE STOCKMAN. I've been trying to find out the history of this knife and and I read online that these were made by Camillus under license from Taylor Brands after the old factory closed in 2004?

Close, it was made by Bear MFG. I believe everything else is accurate. The single pin construction, tang stamp, and non typical coin shield are clues it is not a genuine Schrade Walden.

item_142.jpg

Back