Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

Hi Everyone ...I'm new here so please let me know if tthe info is right in front of my face and I don't see it. I've got a Schrade LB7. The serial # is 432377. Is there any way to determine just how old this knife is. Its a little grimy, but in really good shape.

Thanks in advance.

]“Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.”

I am looking for information on Schrade Sundance Knives. I have one without the box but I have the original paperwork and the knife is stamped as number 6419.

Any information would be appreciated.

G'Day Bamafan & Welcome to the Forum mate. I presume you are referring to the 507SC with SD6 on reverse tang.Its one of 6 Scrimshaw Limited Edition Knives officially described by Schrade "as honoring the American Indian". In more enlightened times we describe as Tribute to Native American Series begun in 1981 and finished in 1986.Your knife was the last in the Series manufactured in 1986. and was the least number produced @ 8,000 pieces.As you state your number is #6419 in the series.
There was an 'unofficial knife ' in 1983 MW10 "Lance" which was a SFO =Special Factory Order by Schrade for Montgomery Wards and most collectors try and complete the Native American Series by the addition of this knife which is now becoming very difficult as only 2500 were made.
The others are:
1981 TB1 Thunderbird 10,000
1982 MS2 Morning Star 10,000
1983 KD3 Kachina Doll 10,000
1984 IT4 Indian Turtle 10,000
1985 BC5 Bear Cult 10,000
1986 SD6 Sundance 8,000
All had individual and different sheaths. You can see them all in brochures and photos at Schrades R Us website. Hoo Roo

Last edited:
Hi, noobie here.

Great site and I'm looking for some information on a 1982 Schrade Scrimshaw Limited Edition Series known as THE GREAT AMERICAN OUTDOORS.

I have located one by accident that has all 8 knives in the set, all serial numbers are the same.

Any estimated value on this set? It is in the original case.

Sorry this is my first post, but this is THE place to ask correct? *Smile*.

Thanks,

Murphy

Great looking collectors set Irv, thanks for posting that picture.

The one I have located is the 1982 collection. The serial number on all the blades are 0036. I take it there were only 1500 sets per collection of the scrimshaw collections? I also found it odd they dropped from 8 knives per set to 7 in later years.

Thanks,

Murphy

Howdy, I have a couple questions for you guys. I have a Schrade Uncle Henry 171UH with a serial number of 00901. Any idea when it was made and what it is worth? I'm not really interested in selling it, it has been heavily used, but it would be interesting to find out.

Schrade3.jpg

Schrade1.jpg

Schrade2.jpg

I call on many small mom and pop stores for a living. Upon entering one of them today I noticed a Schrade knife display under a dusty cabinet. All of the knives in the display are USA made. Not sure how long the guy has had them either. When I asked him about the display he also said that he had many in boxes in the drawer behind the counter that came with the original display. Once again these were all stamped USA on the steel along with some other numbers or letters. They are of the Uncle Henry and Old Timer series. Blue Boxes for most of them.

My question is this. Are they worth me paying for the whole lot at the price he has marked on them? I believe they are all still at the price that he originally ad them on display for. I don't know a whole lot about knife collections so any info would be helpful. I did purchase five of the knives and could send pics of them if that will help.

It would all depend on what knives are in there. Some Schrades go for big bucks, but a lot go for less than the last listed retail price. I would consider making him an offer for everything rather than paying retail for them all. BTW, just curious to know what you picked up today, and for that matter, what he has left.

Dave

194 OT Gunstock Trapper (18.99)
897UH signature (2 @ 20.00 each)
807UH junior (2 @ 20.00 each)

He has an entire red velvet display in which the knives all lay inset. The prices on the display are higher as he has discounted them through the years. I believe the original retail on the 194OT was 28.95, the 897UH were 36.95 and the 807UH were 33.95.

I would have to estimate that other than the complete display with the entire series, that there are another fifteen knives. All with the blades stamped USA along with the knife number.

If he has discounted them that much, I would buy them all, but maybe see if he would come down just a little bit more. $18.99 on that 194OT new in the box will get your money back close to double on the bay.

Nice grabs.

They are especially snaggable if there happen to be any still in the brown woodgrain boxes. I have found those tucked away inside the case a few times. Don't be bashful asking to dig arund in there. I've never had anyone refuse me to look.

hi ya'll, i got two schrade's this weekend in a horse trade. i'm wondering what the value's are on them. the first is a 80 th anniversary 5" daddy barlow with henry handle's. the handle is stag (i think) and it has a "engine turned back". the second is a folder that look's like an electrions knife. it has never been out of the plastic. they both have paperwok with them. here are some pics, if ya need better one's let me know. any help would be great. i thank ya in advance.

bussestuff089.jpg

bussestuff090.jpg

bussestuff091.jpg

I would say $60 - $75 on the Daddy Barlow & $20 on the TL-29.
You might do better or worse depending on the day on ebay.

Dale

Howdy, I have a couple questions for you guys. I have a Schrade Uncle Henry 171UH with a serial number of 00901. Any idea when it was made and what it is worth? I'm not really interested in selling it, it has been heavily used, but it would be interesting to find out.

Schrade3.jpg

Schrade1.jpg

Schrade2.jpg

b_p take a look at the link below, lot's more info on the 171UH.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570390&highlight=171UH

Value of the knife in the condition it's in would be around the $50-$60 mark
if someone really wanted your example. maybe a little less.

Year of manufacture, going by the early Schrade only tang stamp and serial number, would probably put it into the range between 1974 and 1976.

Russell

Codger "64 I have a question about the Old timer 89 ot. After a struggle to find one I paid $85 plus shipping to get one in 95% condition. Is this pattern rare?

I don't know when Codger will be back in, but in the mean time I can give you some info.

The 89 OT is not very rare, it was in production for 11 years, 1989 through 1999. The 1999 suggest retail was $33.95.

I did a quick completed item search on ebay & the highest I found on ebay was a used, but unsharpened (as per seller) one for $44 (including the shipping).

I hope this helps,
Dale

Hi, Mike Mooney here. I'm new to the Schrade area, but could use some help. Does anyone have a copy of advertising for the Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger that indicates it was intended as a hunting and/or skinning knife? It would be greatly helpful.

I'm serving as an expert witness in the case of someone charged with posession of a deadly weapon. He had a Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger. Arizona statute defines a deadly weapon as "designed and intended for lethal use". It should be an easy case to make that this knife was NOT designed and intended for lethal use, based on design considerations.

However, having evidence that Schrade had a different intention in their design would be strong evidence. I have seen the Schrade catalogs on the collector site that clearly state this is a hunting and skinning knife, but the PDF files are set up so that they cannot be printed, I assume to protect the value of them. The ad with such reference appears in the 1973, '75, '80, '82, '84, '85, '86 and '87 catalogs, at least.

If anyone could make a printable copy of the 152OT ad in any (or all) of those catalogs and email it to me at mike@moonblades.com I would be very grateful.

Cheers!
Mike

Back