Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

So if I find an 897UH with "Schrade+" followed by "USA897UH" on the tang,
is it for sure a good american made pre-04 schrade ? Thanks!
Wasn't sure what the "+" meant. In fact the tang has Schrade +'
Some kind of "tick" mark upper right to the + sign.

I'd say that Yep, you have a real, original Schrade, made in the USA.

The Plus sign designates stainless steel. I don't know about the tick mark.

Glad you stopped in with your question!

Phil

The "tick mark" is likely just a stray bit of metal that got between the die and the tang during the stamping. I am not aware of any such marking that Schrade ever used on purpose. Though it does not detract from the usefulness of the knife, and hardly at all from the appearance, at one time a few years back, strict Schrade quality control would have kicked knives with distorted, double struck, partial tangstamps, or those with inclusions (like the tick" ) into the reject bin. Financial pressures caused a loosening of the standards in the latter days, and smaller defects were allowed. Plus, entire bins of outright rejects have now found their way onto the market, mostly via eBay.

Codger

I just bought several of the Schrades NIB

I have no clue as to what they might be worth any help .Thanks in advance

Gran dads old timer 1974 ltd edition
Teddy Roosevelt ltd edition tr1
Paul revere ltd pr2
Will Rogers ltd
Kentucky rifle cm 1 1750 to 1880
PLUS some imperial Buffalo Bills
American eagle comm first series patrick henry first series John admans
third series Nathan hale fourth series Thomas Jefferson.

All are new in box.

Codger_64 said:
Though it does not detract from the usefulness of the knife, and hardly at all from the appearance, at one time a few years back, strict Schrade quality control would have kicked knives with distorted, double struck, partial tangstamps, or those with inclusions (like the tick" ) into the reject bin. Financial pressures caused a loosening of the standards in the latter days, and smaller defects were allowed. Plus, entire bins of outright rejects have now found their way onto the market, mostly via eBay.

Codger

Here's seller who appears to have portayed this knife accurately, I imagine some people specialize in collecting these "oops" knives:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schrade-Uncle-H...ryZ48820QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Defacing the stamp was one way Schrade handled rejects at one point. This one was ground like the mum on a Japanese WWII rifle, some were "X'd", some had lines struck through. Maybe these mostly sold to employees or some outlet, but they weren't intended to be sold as "firsts", and likely had no warranty. Ocasionally you will see a Schrade XX knife advertised. The mark was one of a rejection, not quality proof.

Codger

I have kept a little stockman since 1976...virtually never used (perhaps once or twice to cut paper) and never sharpened. It's the 896K Schrade Walden. Storage was haphazard over the years so the outside has several faint scratches and the blades have some tiny black spots. Under high mag it looks like black, superficial corrosion.

What kind of value does this little fella have? Or maybe I should just start carrying it around and finally using it some if the $ isn't so much.

Thanks

Ebony, welcome and sorry so late in replying. I don't think anyone saw your post up here in the 'sticky'.

Nice knife! Sounds like it is in good conditon. Value? Maybe $25 to $40. Let's see if the other guys have any input.

Phil

The price range sounds right. I have one like that put up, but it is pretty pristine, and I have so many users, I am willing to let it age some more. The 896K goes way back to the early fifties at least ($4.75), when they called the handle material "K Horn Celluloid". I see them listed as open stock thru at least 1980 ($12.95), so being produced for more than a quarter century, they are uncommon, but not really rare. Use it or pamper it, it is your knife. And they are attractive. You won't see a new knife on a dealer's shelf like it!

Codger

Codger_64 said:
The price range sounds right. I have one like that put up, but it is pretty pristine, and I have so many users, I am willing to let it age some more. The 896K goes way back to the early fifties at least ($4.75), when they called the handle material "K Horn Celluloid". I see them listed as open stock thru at least 1980 ($12.95), so being produced for more than a quarter century, they are uncommon, but not really rare. Use it or pamper it, it is your knife. And they are attractive. You won't see a new knife on a dealer's shelf like it!

Codger

Thanks for the reply Codger (and Textoothpk).

The value estimated isn't so great that I wouldn't dare to carry it around. It's a good looking knife and it feels great in the hand. I also have my Schrade Walden Trapper from the same purchase, and while it dispatches bagels nicely with its long blades, the smaller stockman would be better for most days in my pocket.

Hello this is my first time here and I'm looking for some information about a pocket knive my dad owned but I now have. On the handle it says scharde walden and when you open the blade it has a 708 on one side and scharde walden on the other side then there's a word under it that starts with N but the rest of it is worn off. Can anybody tell me something about what I have.

Welcome e3usmc (Lcpl)!

I imagine what is worn off under the SCHRADE WALDEN is one of three things:
N.Y. (used from 1946 to 1950's) or N.Y. U.S.A. (used from 1946 to 1973) or N.Y. USA (used from 1946 to 1973). This info is from B.K. Brook's article "Schrade- 100 Years of Markings" published in Knife World, June 2004.

LT (lt632ret) or Codger will be along soon and I am sure they would know if these dates are not accurate.

Welcome to the forum. It as always good to have another Marine here! :D

Oorah,
Dale

Welcome, corporal!

Your dad must have been a classy guy. It's a great knife. Here are some examples, different handle material and shields, one of them being branded Craftsman.

Schrade Walden' dates it 1948 to 1973. Perhaps one of the other guys can narrow it down.

Phil
366384.jpg

The #708 is an old pattern. I find it as far back as the early fifties with a reference number of an earlier model 71085 3/4. It was listed as open stock at least thru 1988, and came also as a 708B (black) and 708Y (yellow) (and other handles as Phil's reference noted).

Codger
PS - If you can post a picture, perhaps LT or someone else can date it for you a bit closer.

This is to update the new (to me) information I have received from members of the forum since I last posted this list on 12/21/05. I have been able to get descriptions of some of the knives that were missing on the earlier post. Some of these have come from forum members and others from Shortline catalogs and other info I have been able to get my hands on. A special thanks to Rich (lt632ret) who sent me some great old Schrade ad sheets and to Ron (relodr36) who has been sharing catalogs with me. Thanks guys!
Thanks to those members who took the time to post to this thread with additional info. I have tried to get it all into this update.

As has often been pointed out here, there is no known definitive work on Schrade. This forum is as close as one can hope to get at this present time, so we all are writing the Book of Schrade. This is merely the latest installment on Schrade numbers and their descriptions as I currently have them.........subject to change with out notice. :D

I have not listed special editions, limited editions, SFO's, Scrimshaw editions, etc., except there may be a few in the list. To try and list them all would probably double or triple the length of this list, which is already too long to post in one post, so I will have to make two posts to get all the info on the forum.

If anyone has additional info, like name, dimensions, or any other info of interest about a particular model, please email it to me at: dalervincent@comcast.net

Thank you fellow Schradephiles.
Dale

Brand Model # Details
Schrade 2OT Jack 3-1/2"; clip, pen; Schrade-Walden, smooth bone; fancy bolsters
Schrade 3OT Bearhead; 3"; drop point - lockback; SS blade
Schrade 5OT Bruin; 3-3/4"; drop point - lockback C194
Schrade 5OTG Green Bruin; 3-3/4"; drop point - lockback has SS blade
Schrade 6OT Golden Bear; 5"; clip - lockback; SS blade, no rear bolster
Schrade 7OT Cave Bear; 5"; clip - lockback
Schrade 8OT Senior; 4 in. clip, sheepfoot, spey; Also Keen Kutter
Schrade 8OTY Frontiersman; 4 in. clip, sheepfoot, spey; same as Senior but w/yellow handles; Listed as new in 1990
Schrade 9OT Golden Claw; 5"; spear with gut hook - lockback
Schrade 10OT Barlow; 3-3/8"; clip, pen; Ulster (Prince Albert offer) 1964-1967
Schrade 12OT Pal; 2-7/8"; clip; also thought to be Ulster 2 bld barlow for Euro market 1964-1965 with 12OT model no. 1964-1965
Schrade 13OT Trailblazer
Schrade 14OT Timberline
Schrade 15OT Deerslayer 10 1/2 in. fixed blade w/ sheath
Schrade 15OTO Deerslayer w/orange handle 10 1/2 in. fixed blade w/ sheath
Schrade 18OT Mighty Mite; 2-3/4"; clip - liner lock
Schrade 19OT Stainless Steel folder with clip blade & pen blade- circa 1989-1992
Schrade 24OT X-Timer black & gold- 2 blade
Schrade 25OT Folding Hunter; 5-1/4"; clip, skinner
Schrade 33OT Middleman Jack; 3-5/16"; clip, pen
Schrade 34OT Middleman; 3-5/16"; clip, sheepfoot, spey;
Schrade 34OTY Plainsman; 3-5/16"; clip, sheepfoot, spey; Same as Middleman but with yellow handle. Listed as new in 1990
Schrade 36OT Saddleman; 3-5/16"; clip, sheepfoot, punch (also as Skoal) Listed as new in 1990
Schrade 41OT Maverick "bird and trout" pattern fixed blade (prod-'71, '72, '73)
Schrade 43OT Pocket Beast; 3-7/8"; clip - liner lock
Schrade 44OT Workmate; 3-5/16"; clip, sheepfoot, spey, Wharncliffe; special run? Listed as new in 1990 & shown as 3-1/4 in.
Schrade 47OT Beast; 4-7/8"; clip - liner lock
Schrade 49OT Rhino; 4-7/8"; clip w/ gut hook - liner lock
Schrade 50OT Utility; 3-5/8"; spear, punch, etc.; aka Scout or Camp, Ulster (Prince Albert offer), tang not marked with model no. 1961-1966
Schrade 51OT Big Timer ; 4-3/4"; spear - lockback; aka Sunfish / Bulldog
Schrade 53OTG Bearhead EXT- (Blade lifter); 3"; drop point - liner lock; thumb stud, green handle
Schrade 55OTG Bruin EXT- (Blade Lifter); 4 in.- drop point - liner lock; thumb stud, green handle
Schrade 58OT Whittler / Stockman; 3-1/4"; clip, pen, spey; Ulster (Prince Albert offer); Keen Kutter (no tang stamp) 1961-1966
Schrade 60TX X-Timer Gunmetal Gray- 5 in., machined aircraft grade alum handles
Schrade 60TXB X-Timer Royal Blue- 5 in., machined aircraft grade alum handles
Schrade 60TXBU X-Timer Midnight Black- 5 in., machined aircraft grade alum handles
Schrade 60TXG X-Timer Emarald Green- 5 in., machined aircraft grade alum handles
Schrade 61OT Slim Premium Stock; 4"; clip, sheepfoot, spey
Schrade 70TX X-Timer 5 in.- Gun Metal Gray
Schrade 70TXB X-Timer 5 in.- Midnight Black
Schrade 70TXG X-Timer 5 in.- Emerald Green
Schrade 70TXBU X-Timer 5 in,- Royal Blue
Schrade 72OT Dog leg jack; 2-7/8"; clip, pen; peanut really
Schrade 77OT Improved Muskrat (small game) ; 3-7/8"; 2 Turkish clip;
Schrade 89OT Blazer 4"; clip, serrated sheepfoot, spey, Listed as new in 1989 Shortline catalog
Schrade 93OT Wrangler; 3-9/16"; clip, sheepfoot; SS blades
Schrade 94OT Trapper; 3-7/8"; clip, spey
Schrade 96OT Bearhead Trapper; 4-1/8"; clip, spey, pick, tweezers
Schrade 97OT Buzzsaw Trapper; 4-1/8"; clip, saw, pick, tweezers
Schrade 98OT Ramrod; 3-9/16"; Turkish clip, sheepfoot, spey; SS blades
Schrade 98LC Lewis & Clark- 98 pattern, Crimson Birch Handles, Nickle Silver Canoe Shield, Lewis & Slark signatures on blade
Schrade 104OT Minuteman; 2-3/4"; clip, pen
Schrade 106OT Grandad's; 2-3/4"; clip, pen, scissors; Listed as new in 1990
Schrade 108OT Junior; 2-3/4"; clip, sheepfoot, pen
Schrade 123OT Pioneer; 4"; clip; folder
Schrade 124OT Pioneer; 4"; clip; folder has SS blades
Schrade 125OT Mustang; 5-1/4"; clip - liner lock w/sheath
Schrade 126OT Mustang; 5-1/4"; clip - liner lock; has SS blades
Schrade 140OT Trail Boss- 10 3/4 in.- Lg fix blade clip point w/sheath- SAFE-T-GRIP
Schrade 141OT Outfitter 9 1/2 in.- w/Sheath SAFE-T-GRIP green (also in blue)
Schrade 142OT Guidemaster 9 1/8 in.- clip point w/Sheath- SAFE-T-GRIP
Schrade 143OT Blade Runner 9 1/2 in. w/Sheath- w/ gut hook- SAFE-T-GRIP
Schrade 146OT Minimum Flex filett knife- 12 1/2 in.- w/Sheath 1996-2004
Schrade 147OT Pro Fisherman; 12 1/2 in.- w/Sheath- fillet knife- SAFE-T-GRIP (maroon, green & black) listed as 13 1/2 in. in 1999 catelog
Schrade 152OT Sharp Finger 7 1/4 in. w/Sheath
Schrade 152OTO Sharp Finger w/orange handle 7 1/4 in. w/Sheath
Schrade 154OT Drop Point Hunter 7 1/4 in. w/sheath
Schrade 154OTG Drop Point Hunter w/orange handle 7 1/4 in. w/sheath
Schrade 156OT Lit’l Finger
Schrade 158OT Guthook Skinner 7 1/4 in. w/Sheath
Schrade 158OTO Guthook Skinner w/orange handle 7 1/4 in. w/Sheath
Schrade 160OT Mountain Lion
Schrade 165OT Woodsman 9 1/2 in, fix blade w/sheath
Schrade 165OTO Woodsman w/orange handle 9 1/2 in, fix blade w/sheath
Schrade 175RB Florist- 3 3/4 in.
Schrade 194OT Gunstock Trapper; 3-7/8"; clip - liner lock
Schrade 225OT Son of a Gun; 5-1/4"; clip, saw; Listed as new in 1990, but appears in 1989 Shortline-perhaps introduced in late 1989
Schrade 296Y Yellow Trapper; 4-1/8"; clip, spey - 1998 price $34.95
Schrade 246OT Maximum Flex fillet knife 12 1/2 in. overall w/Sheath - 1998 price $30.95
Schrade 491S
Schrade 491L
Schrade 497S
Schrade 497L
Schrade 498 Fix blade w/ brass cap & guard; leather ring handle
Schrade 498S
Schrade 498L
Schrade 499S
Schrade 499L
Schrade 512OT Stainless Sharpfinger circa 1989-92

Schrade 708B Slim Pen 2 3/4 in. OPEN STOCK
Schrade 808 Junior Stock Knife 2 3/4 in. OPEN STOCK
Schrade 825RB Premium Rancher 3 9/16 in. OPEN STOCK
Schrade 858 Lumberjack; 4-1/2"; clip, sheepfoot, spey

Schrade AV2 Avatar Blue- 3 5/8 in.- 1 all serrated blade & 1 plain, co-molded TPR & alum handle, intro in 2002
Schrade AV7 Avatar Blue- 4 3/16 in.- co-molded TPR & alum handle, 1/2 serrated blade, lockback, intro in 2001
Schrade AV22 Avatar Black 3 5/8 in.- 1 all serrated blade & 1 plain, co-molded TPR & alum handle, intro in 2002
Schrade AV77 Avatar Black- 4 3/16 in.- co-molded TPR & alum handle, 1/2 serrated blade, lockback, intro in 2001 also w/black blade
Schrade AV97B Avatar Black-4 3/16 in.- w/ black blade & black alum handle- co-molded TPR & alum handle, 1/2 serrated blade,
Schrade BTO1 Schrade Extreme- 12 1/4 in. w/Sheath (1999 catelog)
Schrade CH1 Dynamo Cliphanger- 2 5/8 in. closed clip point, linerlock (1999 catelog)
Schrade CH3S Silhouette- Cliphanger -3 1/4 in. drop point, partially serrated, linerlock
Schrade CH4 Shadow Cliphanger -3 1/4 in. Fully serrated, linerlock
Schrade CH4S Spirit Cliphanger- 3 1/4 in. closed, partial serrated, linerlock (1999 catelog)-
Schrade CH4FE Spirit Cliphanger- 3 1/4 in. closed, linerlock, Fine Edge (1999 catelog)
Schrade CH7S Viper- Cliphanger -4 1/2 in. partially serrated, drop point blade, linerlock
Schrade CH8 Viper CFS- Cliphanger- 4 1/2 in. fully serrated, clip blade, linerlock
Schrade CH8S Eco-Edge Cliphanger 4 1/2 in. linerlock- partial serrated (1999 catelog)
Schrade CH14S Sportmate Jr.- Cliphanger- 3 1/4 in. partially serrated, linerlock w/ permanate pocket clip
Schrade CH18S Sportmate Serrated - Cliphanger- 4 1/2 in. partially serrated, linerlock w/ permanate pocket clip
Schrade CH18FE Sportmate- 4 1/2 in. plain blade, linerlock w/Clip (1999 catelog)
Schrade DBL2 Double Eagle
Schrade GBDI Grand Dad Barlow engraved bolsters-circa 1982
Schrade GF45 LittlemouthGraphite fillet knife w/ grey plastic sheath
Schrade HS1 Honesteel w/ sheath
Schrade LB5 lockback
Schrade LB7 leather sheath
Schrade MA5 Mighty Angler 5 7/8 in. Folding fillet; wood handle w/Cordura sheath- is seen in the 1988 Shortline catalog
Schrade MA6 Mighty Angler 6 7/8 in. Folding fillet; wood handle w/Cordura sheath- is seen in the 1988 Shortline catalog
Schrade PH1
Schrade PH2
Schrade SDH02 D'holder- 8 1/2 in.- Designed by D'Alton Holder, ram horn handle, 500 made
Schrade SG7S Outback- 5 1/4 in. clip point w/ partial serration
Schrade SG8 Outback- 5 1/4 in. drop point
Schrade SWL1 Lake & Walker 4 in. Tough Lock w/Pocket Clip- limited to 1000 pieces w/BG42 steel
Schrade SLW2 Lake & Walker 4 in. Tough Lock w/Pocket Clip- Schrade+ Stainless+E70
Schrade SP1 Nighthawk- 2 5/8 in. Lockback
Schrade SP2 Raider- 3 in. Lockback
Schrade SP3 Firebird- 3 3/4 in. Lockback available in plain blade and partial serrated
Schrade SP7 Turbo 5 in.- folder w/ plain blade, drop point
Schrade SP8 Cougar- 5 in.- folder w/ gut hook- plain blade; Listed as new in 1990
Schrade SP12X Nighthawk X- 2 5/8 in.- lockback w/black blade (1999 catelog)
Schrade SP22X Raider X- 3 in. lockback w/black blade (1999 catelog)
Schrade SP32X Firebird X- 3 3/4 in. lockback w/Sheath, black blade (1999 catelog)
Schrade SPF1LTD Spitfire- G-10 Handles; ATS34 2 in. Blade; Easy 1 Hand use; Lock Mechanism (w/Titanium)
Schrade SQ111 Black Ice- 4 1/4 in.- polycarbonate handles
Schrade SQ247 4X4- Diamond Plate Handle, Pocket Clip, black blade
Schrade SQ312 Nitro- 4 in.- Gray Aluminum Handle, w/Gel Technology, Blackened Blade, Pocket Clip
Schrade SQ316 Nitro- 4 in.- Blue Aluminum Handle, w/Gel Technology, Pocket Clip
Schrade SQ421 Silhouette- 4 in.- Black Aluminum Handle, Blackened (e-coated) Blade
Schrade SQ423 Silhouette- 4 in.- Fire Engine Red Aluminum Handle, Sealed Shot Blast Blade
Schrade SQ424 Silhouette- 4 in.- Cobalt Blue Aluminum Handle, Natural Blade
Schrade SQ432S Silhouette- 4in.- Aluminum Handles, partial serrated blade
Schrade SQ447 4X4- Lockblade, Diamond Plate Handle, Pocket Clip, black blade
Schrade SQ586 XTAC (Extreme Tactical) 3 1/4 in. Drop Point, Blue Liner, Pocket Clip
Schrade SQ586T XTAC 3 1/4 in.- Tanto Blade, Blue Liner, Pocket Clip
Schrade SQ587 XTAC 3 1/4 in.- Drop Point, Natural Liner, Pocket Clip
Schrade SQ587T XTAC 3 1/4 in.- Tanto Blade, Natural Liner, Pocket Clip
Schrade SQ598 XTAC GOLD 3 1/4 in.- ATS 34 Blade, G10 Handle, Titanium Lining, drop point- Is in 2004 price list but probably never produced
Schrade SQ598T XTAC GOLD 3 1/4 in.- ATS 34 Blade, G10 Handle, Titanium Lining, tanto blade- Is in 2004 price list but probably never produced
Schrade SQ877 Cable Lock- 3 IN. Stainless Handle, Pocket Clip, One Hand Open
Schrade SR01 Schrade Rogers- collaboration with Richard Rogers, 4 interchangeable ATS34 blades, 500 serialized pieces made
Schrade SS1 Simon- 3 in. Natural Blade & Handle
Schrade SS1AB Simon- 3 in. All Black
Schrade SS15 Simon- 3 in. Real Tree Camo Handle, Black Blade
Schrade SS16 Simon- 3 in. Black & Blue Marble
Schrade SS17 Simon- 3 in. Damascus Style Handle, Natural Blade
Schrade SS102 Sampler- 4 11/16 in
Schrade SS105 Sampler- 5 3/4 in
Schrade SS627 2 blade gentleman's knife.
Schrade SW7FE Switch-it; 4 1/4 in.- plain edge- Lockback w/Rotating Clip (1999 catelog)
Schrade SW7S Switch-it; 4 1/4 in.- Partial Serrated Lockback w/Rotating Clip
Schrade SX4 Badger 4 in.- Lockblade, One Hand Open, Pocket Clip, (made in China)
Schrade SX4B Badger 4 in.- Lockblade, One Hand Open, Blackened Clip & Blade, (made in Ireland)
Schrade SX4S Badger 3 1/4 in.- Lockblade, One Hand Open, Pocket Clip, Serrated Blade, (made in China)
Schrade SX21 Badger 7 1/2 in.- Fixed Drop Point Blade w/Sheath
Schrade SX23 Fixed Skinning Blade w/ Sheath
Schrade TXR3 Texas Ranger- 98 stockman pattern- Crimson Jig Bone Handles- w/custom embossed leather pouch
Schrade TXR4 Texas Ranger 3 9/16 in.- 296 Trapper- Bone Handle, w/Sheath & Collector's Box, Ranger Badge Shield (also in hardwood handles)
Schrade WR1 Will Rogers Commemorative
Schrade WR1 Water Rat 7 3/8 in. Black Handle, Partially Serrated w/Sheath
Schrade WR1B Water Rat 7 3/8 in. Blue Handle, Partially Serrated w/Sheath
Schrade WR1O Water Rat 7 3/8 in. Orange Handle, Partially Serrated w/Sheath
Schrade XT1B X-Timer- 11 3/4 in.- Camp Knife Fixed Blade
Schrade XT2B X-Timer- 9 1/8 in.- Drop Point Fixed Blade
Schrade XT3B X-Timer- 9 1/8 in.- Fat Boy Skinner Fixed Blade
Schrade XT7B X-Timer- 5 in.Handle Folder
Schrade XT4 9in.- Fixed Blade- Is in 2004 price list but probably never produced

100th ANNIVERSARY
Schrade A34OT Middleman 3 5/16 in.- 2 PC Embossed Tin, Anniversary Shield
Schrade ACB296 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade ACB25 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade ACB72 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade ACB80 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade SDH01 D'Holder Ram
Schrade SDH02 D'Holder Grizzly
Schrade SDH03 D'Holder Elk
Schrade SDH04 D'Holder Whitetail (52 produced)
Schrade A156OT Lit’l Finger Anniversary (less than 25 produced)
Schrade A509BN Anniversary (11 produced)
Schrade BE5 Wood LB5 Anniversary (11 produced)

SCHRADE WALDEN, CIGAR BOX CLASSICS
Schrade CSW722 Peanut- w/ Green Mountain bone handles
Schrade CSW772 Muskrat- w/ Green Mountain bone handles
Schrade CSW982 Stockman- w/ Green Mountain bone handles
Schrade CSW2962 Trapper- w/ Green Mountain bone handles

OLD TIMER CLASSICS
Schrade OTC72 Peanut- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade OTC80 Stockman- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade OTC94 Bird Hook- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade OTC96 Trapper- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade

UNCLE HENRY
Uncle Henry 5UH 3 1/2 in. Lockback- new in 2003
Uncle Henry 12UH Roadie- 2 5/8 in.- single blade w/Shackle
Uncle Henry 55UH Special Edition Bruin- 3 5/8 in. lockback
Uncle Henry 77UH Muskrat 3 7/8 in.
Uncle Henry 124UH Tradesman/Maverick 4 in.
Uncle Henry 127UH Folding Hunter 5 1/4 in. lockblade w/ sheath
Uncle Henry 144UH Guides Choice
Uncle Henry 152UH Wolverine- 7 1/4in.-
Uncle Henry 153UH Golden Spike- 9 1/4 in.- w/Sheath- fix blade; Listed in 1990 price list as high carbon steel
Uncle Henry 154UH Badger- 71/2 in.,
Uncle Henry 162UH Wolverine- 7 1/4in.- 1982-1985
Uncle Henry 164UH Badger- 71/2 in., 1982-1988
Uncle Henry 165UH Prospector- 9 1/2 in.
Uncle Henry 167UH Steelhead- 12 in.- w/Sheath- fillet knife
Uncle Henry 168UH Walleye- 10 1/2 in; blade 5-1/4 in; w/sheath; 1983-1989
Uncle Henry 171UH Big Pro Hunter- 10 in; blade 5-1/5 in; 1971-1983 & 1990-1991; Listed as new in 1990 & as high carbon steel
Uncle Henry 172UH Wildcat- 9-1/2 in; blade 5 in.; 1971-1973 & 1990-1991; Listed as new in 1990 & as high carbon steel
Uncle Henry 197UH Cat Paw 3 5/8 in. linerlock, Turkish clip blade. Production started in 1981 & ran a few years. Appears in 1988 shortline.
Uncle Henry 227UH Folding Bowie- 5 1/4 in.- 1970-1983
Uncle Henry 285UH Pro Trapper- 3 7/8 in. (1999 catelog)
Uncle Henry 705UH Chairman
Uncle Henry 706UH Gentleman Jim
Uncle Henry 707UH Gambler, 2 3/4 in., one pen blade and scissors
Uncle Henry 804UH Journeyman-2 3/4 in.- 2 blade w/ clevas
Uncle Henry 807UH J.R.- 2 3/4 in.- stockman
Uncle Henry 833UH Prairie Jack- 3-5/16 in. clip & pen blades, Listed as new in 1989 shortline catalog
Uncle Henry 834UH Rancher- 3 5/16 in.- stockman; Listed as new in 1989 shortline catalog & called Trailmaster
Uncle Henry 877UH Pro Skinner- 3-1/8 in. muskrat w/gut hook in one blade; Listed as new in 1990
Uncle Henry 885UH Senior Rancher- 4 in.- stockman (called King Ranch in 1999 catalog & atleast as far back as the 1988 Shortline catalog)
Uncle Henry 897UH Signature Premium Stock- 3 9/16 in.; stockman pattern
Uncle Henry LB1 Cub- 2 1/4 in.- lockback wood handles
Uncle Henry LB2 Lil Smokey- 2 1/2 in. w/ Staglon handles
Uncle Henry LB3 Brown Bear- 3 in.- lockback
Uncle Henry LB4
Uncle Henry LB5 Smokey- 3 3/4 in. w/Sheath (1999 catalog)
Uncle Henry LB7 Bear Paw- 5 in. Lockback w/Sheath
Uncle Henry LB8 Papa Bear- 5 in. w/Sheath (1999 catalog) has Staglon handle

Thanks for your listing Orvet. I have a quick question. How do you know if you have a Schrade second? I know the knives were sold with an SC in the front of the name like: instead of sq447 it would be scsq447 correct? But there must be an alternate way of knowing. And some people are selling silhouettes on ebay which I think are the newer version of that knife, I can't remember name, but they have holes in the sides, which I believe the silhouettes did not have holes except for the one on the end. And I believe S&W cuts a marking on the tang of the knife.

Thanks;

A4V2

orvet said:
100th ANNIVERSARY
Schrade A34OT Middleman 3 5/16 in.- 2 PC Embossed Tin, Anniversary Shield
Schrade ACB296 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade ACB25 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade ACB72 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade ACB80 Schrade Classic, Bone Rope Cut Handle, Cigar Box Limited to 1,000 Pieces
Schrade SDH01 D'Holder Ram
Schrade SDH02 D'Holder Grizzly
Schrade SDH03 D'Holder Elk
Schrade SDH04 D'Holder Whitetail (52 produced)
Schrade A156OT Lit’l Finger Anniversary (less than 25 produced)
Schrade A509BN Anniversary (11 produced)
Schrade BE5 Wood LB5 Anniversary (11 produced)

SCHRADE WALDEN, CIGAR BOX CLASSICS
Schrade CSW722 Peanut- w/ Green Mountain bone handles
Schrade CSW772 Muskrat- w/ Green Mountain bone handles
Schrade CSW982 Stockman- w/ Green Mountain bone handles
Schrade CSW2962 Trapper- w/ Green Mountain bone handles

OLD TIMER CLASSICS
Schrade OTC72 Peanut- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade OTC80 Stockman- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade OTC94 Bird Hook- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade OTC96 Trapper- amber jigged bone handle, blade etched "Everlastingly Sharp," decorative handle shield, in 2 piece collector tin.
Schrade

UNCLE HENRY
Uncle Henry 5UH 3 1/2 in. Lockback- new in 2003
Uncle Henry 12UH Roadie- 2 5/8 in.- single blade w/Shackle
Uncle Henry 55UH Special Edition Bruin- 3 5/8 in. lockback
Uncle Henry 77UH Muskrat 3 7/8 in.
Uncle Henry 124UH Tradesman/Maverick 4 in.
Uncle Henry 127UH Folding Hunter 5 1/4 in. lockblade w/ sheath
Uncle Henry 144UH Guides Choice
Uncle Henry 152UH Wolverine- 7 1/4in.-
Uncle Henry 153UH Golden Spike- 9 1/4 in.- w/Sheath- fix blade
Uncle Henry 154UH Badger- 71/2 in.,
Uncle Henry 162UH Wolverine- 7 1/4in.- 1982-1985
Uncle Henry 164UH Badger- 71/2 in., 1982-1988
Uncle Henry 165UH Prospector- 9 1/2 in.
Uncle Henry 167UH Steelhead- 12 in.- w/Sheath- fillet knife
Uncle Henry 168UH Walleye- 10 1/2 in.- 1983-1989
Uncle Henry 171UH Big Pro Hunter- 1971-1983 & 1990-1991
Uncle Henry 172UH Wildcat- 1971-1973 & 1990-1991
Uncle Henry 197UH Cat Paw 3 5/8 in. linerlock, Turkish clip blade. Production started in 1981 & ran a few years. Appears in 1988 shortline.
Uncle Henry 227UH Folding Bowie- 5 1/4 in.- 1970-1983
Uncle Henry 285UH Pro Trapper- 3 7/8 in. (1999 catalog)
Uncle Henry 705UH Chairman
Uncle Henry 706UH Gentleman Jim
Uncle Henry 707UH Gambler, 2 3/4 in., one pen blade and scissors
Uncle Henry 804UH Journeyman-2 3/4 in.- 2 blade w/ clevas
Uncle Henry 807UH J.R.- 2 3/4 in.- stockman
Uncle Henry 833UH Prairie Jack- 3-1/4 in. 2 blade
Uncle Henry 834UH Rancher- 3 5/16 in.- stockman
Uncle Henry 877UH Pro Skinner
Uncle Henry 885UH Senior Rancher- 4 in.- stockman (called King Ranch in 1999 catalog)
Uncle Henry 897UH Signature Premium Stock- 3 9/16 in.
Uncle Henry LB1 Cub- 2 1/4 in.- lockback wood handles
Uncle Henry LB2 Lil Smokey- 2 1/2 in. w/ Staglon handles
Uncle Henry LB3 Brown Bear- 3 in.- lockback
Uncle Henry LB4
Uncle Henry LB5 Smokey- 3 3/4 in. w/Sheath (1999 catalog)
Uncle Henry LB7 Bear Paw- 5 in. Lockback w/Sheath
Uncle Henry LB8 Papa Bear- 5 in. w/Sheath (1999 catalog) has Staglon handle

a4v2 said:
..... How do you know if you have a Schrade second? I know the knives were sold with an SC in the front of the name like: instead of sq447 it would be scsq447 correct?
Schrade, over the years marked seconds in several ways. The SC stamp prefix (or suffix) was their nomenclature for a Scrimshaw edition. SC502, or 502SC. There were quite a few patterns used for the scrims, so you will see a lot of different numbers with that "SC" attached. Also, in the last few months the factory operated (7-04 / 10-04) remaining workers rushed to assemble as many knives as possible from the stock of parts inhouse. You will see plain white delrin knives with the scrimshaw mark, as well as mix and match knives. There were few rejects from that assembly rush. Also, after the closing, bins of previously rejected knives, unmarked as such, were sold in the liquidation and made their way into the market.

Here is a recent thread about seconds/rejects:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384593

a4v2 said:
..... But there must be an alternate way of knowing.
The best way (and the only surest way) is to buy older stock knives new in the box from the retail market (brick and mortar stores) where you can handle the knives. Otherwise, just becoming familiar with what is a "normal" production knife of a given pattern will help you recognize an "abnormal" knife when you see it.

a4v2 said:
..... And some people are selling silhouettes on ebay which I think are the newer version of that knife, I can't remember name, but they have holes in the sides, which I believe the silhouettes did not have holes except for the one on the end.

I think you are seeing a 2004 variant of the Silhouette which barely made it into the retail pipeline before the shutdown. SQ432S was the number I think. Several patterns announced for 2003/2004 wound up this way... being produced in limited quantities and not marketed, or announced, but never produced.

You are asking detailed questions which shows me that you do have a serious interest, and have studied the patterns a bit. Use the forum search feature and you will see quite a few posts of interest! Welcome aboard!

Codger

Codger and orvet... I'd like to contribute to the listing you folks have worked so hard on. I'm attaching a couple crummy pictures (I'm trying :eek: ) of.....

An A8OBN 100th Anniversary knife with fancy packaging (just kidding, that's what it came in). I believe it to be a bone scaled version of the 8OT Senior... (from the #, shape, size, etc.). I didn't see it listed anywhere. It has an Anniversary blade etch, and a serial# of 010 on the bolster closest to the rope shield, on the mark side...and on the side of the white box.

I've also included an 8OT for comparison of size and shape.

One other thing, I think we have the 8OT Senior listed as 4" closed... I make both of these at 3 7/8"... not a full 4". But, I had some red wine last night, sooooo...:eek: :D

Bill

P. S.
Man, those turned out bad and blurry...sigh. I better not quit my day job. Wait...I don't have a job. :eek: :rolleyes:

Back