Scrap Yard W.S.1020

I'm still awaiting fulfillment as well... Got a few satin and a few coated... Must be the coated ones taking their sweet time getting dressed.

A little grinder time to make it into a nice drop point and she's ready to go...

xCvqE90.jpg

Dang these are slicey

TsDLjM5.jpg

Got my ding this morning for a couple of coated blades - yay!!

Got my first ding for a coated and satin! :)
Next one is for 2 coated....had to go back and get these ones!:rolleyes::D

My pack arrived today! :D 4 Nekkid and one Sage. :cool:

These are some of the thinnest behind the edge of any Busse/kin I've EVER received!!! :eek: :thumbsup: My uncoated examples average 0.022" BTE (ranging from 0.020" - 0.024", mostly 0.022" - 0.023"), and my Sage-coated one measures average 0.019" BTE (ranging from 0.015" - 0.022", mostly 0.019"). :cool: I am extremely impressed!!! Just wish the edge bevels were as small as the Sage one on all of them, but they're not too far off.

I measure the naked ones at 0.116" thick, and the Sage-coated at 0.124" thick, both at the ricasso.

Home run on this one Dan!!! :cool: :thumbsup: :D

Nekkid! :D
View attachment 1460870

View attachment 1460871

Sage-coated. Look at that tiny edge bevel! :cool: :D
View attachment 1460872

View attachment 1460873

Pairs
View attachment 1460874

View attachment 1460875

View attachment 1460876

My whole pack! :D
View attachment 1460877

The black sheath. Nice and snug fit, it's tight enough that I should be able to wet form this one nicely. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1460878

My pack arrived today. One Sage and 4 uncoated. Pics and measurements in the Busse forum, my post is quoted above. :)

A little grinder time to make it into a nice drop point and she's ready to go...

xCvqE90.jpg

Dang these are slicey

TsDLjM5.jpg

Brother, could you do that for me? First thing I thought when I opened the package was "this would be awesome as a drop point"

Just got mine. These things are the sharpest knives I own and I’ve had quite a few! I was hesitant due to the res-c scrapmaxes never fitting my big hands. The handle fits like it was made for me and the blade length is perfect. This will definitely be my new EDC.

Helped my buddy butcher a deer just before Thanksgiving, then cleaned 10 Kokanee salmon with mine last weekend. Earned this patina... :D

The patina is highly unusual, I've never seen anything quite like it, reminds me of a starscape photo of a nebula like you'd see from Hubble. :cool: It was extremely difficult to photograph, this was the best I could do, and it still doesn't do it justice. Not sure what caused it to look like this, maybe fish slime? No idea, but it's pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

Helped my buddy butcher a deer just before Thanksgiving, then cleaned 10 Kokanee salmon with mine last weekend. Earned this patina... :D

The patina is highly unusual, I've never seen anything quite like it, reminds me of a starscape photo of a nebula like you'd see from Hubble. :cool: It was extremely difficult to photograph, this was the best I could do, and it still doesn't do it justice. Not sure what caused it to look like this, maybe fish slime? No idea, but it's pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1467444

View attachment 1467445

View attachment 1467442

View attachment 1467443
Totally awesome!! That's beautiful!
Yeah I think the word you were looking for is "nebula".... The colorful cloudy-looking things in space. They're birthplaces for stars.

Did you notice the patina after the deer or after the salmon? I'd like to try replicating it!

Totally awesome!! That's beautiful!
Yeah I think the word you were looking for is "nebula".... The colorful cloudy-looking things in space. They're birthplaces for stars.

Did you notice the patina after the deer or after the salmon? I'd like to try replicating it!
There was a lot of blue/purple after the deer, but I didn't notice it being anything special. I think the fish guts/slime/roe/milt changed it, and added all the tiny spots somehow. I honestly wasn't paying too much attention, and only noticed how it looked a bit later. Don't think I could give any kind of "recipe".

Back