Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Let's give this another try. I've created a set of actions in Photoshop, and a folder for images specifically for Bladeforums, to reduce the file size so it can post through the current under 500kb Xenforo software limit.

I am all about efficiency. Hosting separately, linking, and back and forth simply takes more of my shortened time than I will sustain. I will post through the BF software until my BF storage limit is met.

I am going to copy text from my daily Instagram posts. The Instagram ID tags will remain if you need to search further. Or use Facebook and Google.

Spotlight on STEALTH! @MGregoryKnives has built a SOLID reputation as a maker to *watch*. Closely. ⁠

Swipe for more---> Here's his description:⁠

The CFST Battle Tanto.⁠

9” blade in my own laminate - Crucible CPM-3v core and T1100 carbon fiber cladding. Stainless steel seppa with neko-gaki, black Richlite tsuba. 5-1/4” handle made of TeroTuf core, sleeved in carbon fiber, with carbon fiber tsukaito. A beautiful 24k gold-plated sterling silver crane menuki adds a touch of color to the project.⁠

14-1/2” overall length, 12-5/8 ounces. Balances just in front of the seppa.⁠

Deerskin-lined leather scabbard by @jg.on.ig
Gregory_210105.jpg Gregory_210105B.jpg

UPstanding work! @JoshSmithKnives MS created what is considered the most complicated build in fixed blade knives and runs it up the flagpole FTW!⁠

Francesca @WilburnForgeLeather takes her cue and matched the quality with an INCREDIBLE sheath with a removable sleeve. Those are ivory inserts in the sheath!⁠

Model: Take Down Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 12"⁠
Material: 4 bar composite damascus⁠
Forged_by: Josh Smith, MS⁠
Bolster: W's damascus⁠
Handle: Carved Fossil Walrus Ivory⁠
Sheath: Francesca @WilburnForgeLeather
Comments: Spacers are stainless steel and mild steel⁠

Smith_Josh_210104.jpg Smith_Josh_Wilburn_210104.jpg

The GIFT of friendship. This knife was sent by my beloved friend STeven Garson @Kohai1999 this past month. ⁠

He knows I have a short collection of 'light' micarta type knives, and this vintage blade sure fills that niche.⁠

STeven is renowned for his direct approach and his open heart. Emphasis on the open heart. ⁠

What a GREAT small 'fighter' by Ron Gaston. The grinds, the tapered tang and the sturdy sheath are all dependably built. (Could not find an Instagram. Is he around?)⁠

Thank YOU! This goes on the 'cherished' shelf with other gift knives which remain in my collection forever. :)

Gaston_210108.jpg

Color me impressed! @TripleCKnives is Rusty Waide, and he sure knows how to put blue mammoth ivory to task.⁠

This flipper worked as good as it looks! That clip makes a statement as well as providing security.⁠

Model: #1
BL/OAL: 3.5 in⁠
Material: 5160 15n20 Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Rusty Waide⁠
Bolster: Damascus⁠
Handle: Blue Mammoth Ivory⁠

Waide_210112.jpg

Christensen_210113A.jpg Christensen_210113AA.jpg 'Garden Walk' Mastersmith Dagger! @JonChristensenKnives touches our souls in a delicate way, with his extraordinary carved dagger.⁠

(SharpByCoop video to follow!)⁠

His mosaic steel he calls 'Rose Garden'. This said, how appropriate to make the presentation stand as an ivy trellis, forged out of wrought iron, as is the budding guard.⁠

His hands are capable of wielding a hammer AND carving a flower petal.⁠

Model: Garden Walk⁠
BL/OAL: 10"/15-3/4"⁠
Material: Rose Garden Mosaic Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Sole Authorship⁠
Bolster: Wrought Iron w/ Bronze accents⁠
Handle: Fossil Walrus Ivory⁠
Frame: Wrought Iron w/ bronze liners and pins⁠
Knife Comments: Stand is wrought iron w/ bronze pins. Cherry base⁠

Just SO nice! @Tim.Robertson85 pays tribute to Ricardo Romano's 'Dino' pattern. ⁠

Red stag FTW. It's a HIT!⁠

Knife: Dress Slipjoint Folder⁠
Model: Ricardo Romano's Dino Pattern⁠
BL/OAL: 2-5/8" Blade / 4" OAL⁠
Material: CPM154⁠
Bolster: Integral frame/ bolsters in 416 Stainless⁠
Handle: Red Stag⁠
Frame: Integral frame/ bolsters in 416 Stainless⁠

Robertson_210110.jpg

Look CLOSER! I did. Bob @ApplebyKnives crafted this crown stag hunter in the Loveless tradition, using the GORGEOUS amber crown stag. ⁠

His sheath work is exemplary as well. Bob has ALWAYS been a maker who loves to create outstanding and *unusual* examples.⁠

Knife: Fixed Hunter⁠
Model: Loveless styled drop point⁠
BL/OAL: 3 5/8" / 9"⁠
Material: AEBL⁠
Bolster: 416SS guard⁠
Handle: Amber dyed Sambar stag⁠
Sheath: Bob appleby⁠
Knife Comments: Mirror polished Blade⁠

Appleby_210118B.jpg

WHOA!!! Bob @ApplebyKnives delivers! This Randall styled dagger pushes ALL the right buttons: Design, Build, Materials, Skills, and DESIRE!⁠

Model: Randall Styled 2-8 dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 7 5/8" / 13"⁠
Material: 440C⁠
Bolster: 416SS guard & spacers/ Aluminum Pommel⁠
Handle: S Grade resin ivory⁠
Sheath: Bob Appleby⁠
Comments: Mirror polished Blade⁠

Appleby_210118A.jpg

Look familiar? It should. @tim.robertson85 with a Tony Bose pattern.⁠

Tim did the jigging and dying of those scales. SWEET!⁠

Integral outer frame and bolsters means he milled the scale cutout. STRONG!⁠

Model: Bose Pattern Wharncliff Trapper⁠
BL/OAL: 2-5/8" of cutting edge⁠
Material: CPM154⁠
Bolster: Integral frame/ bolsters in 416 Stainless⁠
Handle: Hand dyed and jigged bone by Tim Robertson⁠
Frame: Integral frame/ bolsters in 416 Stainless⁠

Robertson_210117.jpg

The Classic 'Coffin Bowie' as interpreted by @bachtelforgingcompany. POW!⁠

I liked everything about this: The sharp angles, the rounded guard, his lethal clip, and the wrought iron fittings. How about his STEEL! ⁠

Model: Coffin Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 8 3/4"/ 13 3/4"
Material: Random pattern Damascus 1084 and 15N20⁠
Forged_by: Nick Bachtel⁠
Bolster: Wrought Iron and Nickel Silver⁠
Handle: Desert Ironwood⁠
Sheath: Nick Bachtel⁠
Knife Comments: Forge finished wrought iron fittings, polished nickel silver accents and domed pin. Nickel silver wrapped and pinned coffin end. Nickel silver throat and tipped sheath with forge finished wrought iron frog stud.

Bachtel_210122.jpg

Color me JEALOUS! @JohnAprilKnives creates a traditional tanto with charismatic colors!⁠

SWIPE--> to see it apart!⁠

Model: Tanto in maple⁠
BL/OAL: 8" 12 "⁠
Material: 1075⁠
Bolster: brass / nickel / buffalo horn⁠
Handle: curly maple⁠
Sheath: maker⁠
Comments: take-down with buffalo horn pin.⁠

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Master + Mentor = OUTSTANDING! @KellyVermeerVella.knives with @MichaelVagnino as mentor created this STUNNING damascus interframe.⁠

Kelly pounded the steel, worked the build, and Mike joined and guided her on the complexities of folders.⁠

WATCH THE VIDEO in another post!⁠

Knife: Dress Locking Folder⁠
BL/OAL: 3.25 7.5⁠
Material: 1075 15n20 Riptide Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Kelly Vermeer Vella⁠
Handle: Black lip pearl⁠
Knife Comments: Timed Damascus screws, pearl inlay in backbar and thumbstud. Fileworked liners. Steel by Kelly #BADASS knife by Mike⁠ Vagnino

Vella_Vagnino_210121.jpg

Who IS it? Don't look at my credit yet. Hogstrom_210123.jpg Study it and you OUGHT to know easily. Post in the comments.⁠

Anders @HogstromKnives has CLEARLY made his impressions in our world. First off is his unmistakable silver patinated guards, and the next are those 'Fibonacci' curves.⁠

Oh... and then it's the handle materials....⁠

Damasteel is predominant.⁠

Model: Persian Fighter 'Sal's Own'⁠
Forged_by: @ABDamasteel
Bolster: Sterling silver w bronze spacer⁠
Handle: Fossil walrus⁠

Who let the DOGS out?! @Wardog2079 makes knives that *snarl* when you get close.⁠

And then there is that teething little pup!⁠

Always a pleasure, always cryptic, ALWAYS terrific!⁠

Props to Jeremy Guillame for his exceptional leather work. @8ballkustomleatherwork

This set commissioned for a Father and Daughter. Raise them well.⁠
Lurquin_210121A.jpg Lurquin_210121B.jpg Lurquin_210121C.jpg

Good day to Jim Poor from Texas! @poor.jim Look CLOSE at his steel, he calls this his 'pinecone' damascus.⁠

Here's his specs:⁠
Knife: Dress Locking Folder⁠
BL/OAL: 4 3/4"⁠
Material: Pinecone damascus⁠
Forged_by: Jim Poor⁠
Bolster: Pinecone Damascus⁠
Handle: MAMMOTH IVORY⁠

Poor_210122B.jpg

Compact BEAUTY! Jim White from Burleson TX stops me in my tracks with this STUNNING Koa diminutive fighter.⁠

Comment your impressions?!⁠

No IG, find him on Facebook.⁠

Model: 5" Fighter⁠
BL/OAL: 5"⁠
Material: 5160⁠
Forged_by: Jim White⁠
Bolster: 416 SS⁠
Handle: Exhibition grade Koa⁠White_210126.jpg

'Outrage' push dagger! @zhaoyupeng_knives is at home on China AND on IG! ⁠

This charming and distinctive dagger came to me from his home in Xingtai, China and ultimately went to @KnifePurveyor for listing.⁠

He did a great job, and when you view his IG work you will see many similar styles.⁠

Thanks to @lhzeng for the tip!⁠

Who: Zhao Yupeng⁠
Where: Xingtai, Hebei⁠
Facebook: zhaoyupeng_knives⁠
ABS/Guild: ABS member (Apprentice)/Japan Knife Guild⁠
Model: Outrage Push Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: Blade length: 2.6" (65mm)/ OAL 4.3" (110mm)⁠
Material: CPM-3V (Bos Heat treat)⁠
Handle: Mother of Pearl⁠

Zhao_210126.jpg

What's COOKING?! Randy @HHHKnives sent this to his professional client to feed a tableful.⁠

Randy's steel is renowned and that smooooth walrus tusk handle could work all day.⁠

Old school vine filework looks great!⁠

Model: Chef⁠
BL/OAL: 10.5"⁠
Material: Birds eye pattern Damascus⁠
Forged_by: HHH Damascus⁠
Bolster: Mosaic damascus⁠
Handle: Fossil Walrus tusk⁠
Knife Comments: Thorn and vine filework. rounded choil.⁠

Haas_210128.jpg

Apocalypse NOW! @MGregoryKnives named this beast 'Toe Cutter'. Read WHY from Matt:⁠

"Named after that illustrious character from the original ‘Mad Max’ movie.⁠
⁠I felt that was an appropriate reference for the last knife of 2020. ⁠
⁠8-3/4” blade of .280” thick Crucible CPM-4v, aged and etched using my buddy @wildertools chemical method.⁠
⁠Massive and stupid.⁠
⁠23-1/8 ounces ⁠
⁠Handle is a Terotuf core, covered in scrunchy gnarly sharkskin, wrapped in forest green tsukaito, soaked in resin for resilience. Not-a-guard is a drab, olive green @richlite paper micarta, left with its milled finish on the front.⁠
⁠Point of balance is 2 inches in front of the handle.⁠
⁠Perfectly matched sheath by @jg.on.ig
⁠Perhaps the dumbest implement for the apocalypse. This one will leave a mark, regardless of what part of it that you hit with. "⁠

Gregory_210115.jpg Gregory_210115B.jpg

Back