Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Rounded, yet SHARP lines! I was *impressed* notably with the finishes on @GraysCustom Javan Roberts' Bowie!⁠

Every edge was CRISP. Every surface was finely brushed. All junctions were invisible. THIS maker is fastidious!⁠

Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
Model: Envoy⁠
BL/OAL: 6", 11.6"⁠
Material: cpm154⁠
Bolster: 416 ss⁠
Handle: Mammoth tusk⁠

RobertsJ_210622.jpg

Perfectly right! Aaron @LSKnifeco attains Knifemakers Guild status with this CLEAN submittal!⁠

Knife: Fixed Hunter⁠
Model: Versa Series - Fancy Bird & Trout⁠
BL/OAL: 6 5/8"⁠
Material: S30V⁠
Bolster: Nickel-Silver Dovetailed⁠
Handle: Butterscotch mammoth ivory bark⁠
Sheath: Elephant leather by Maker⁠
Knife Comments: Heat treated by Paul Bos Heat Treating. Knife was part of my Knifemakers Guild probationary inspection set. Nickel-Silver pins and thing tube.⁠

Lawvere_210629.jpg

'Wyoming Pronghorn' Bowie! 💪🏼 This Bowie from @KCaseyKnives exudes STRENGTH! ⁠

Kevin's 'feather steel' is unrivaled, and his collaboration with handle artist @PushkarevKonstanti ALWAYS gives me pause.⁠

The turquoise accents are tastefully placed! Kevin lives in Wyoming, so this is truly appropriate.⁠

Model: Wyoming Pronghorn Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 7.75" /12.75⁠
Material: Feather Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Kevin Casey⁠
Bolster: Damascus, turquoise. Damascus pommel w/turquoise⁠
Handle: African Blackwood⁠
Sheath: Larry Parsons⁠
Knife Comments: Wyoming Pronghorn Bowie ⁠
7.75â Casey Feather Damascus blade. ⁠
12.75â OAL. Feather Damascus guard. ⁠
Damascus and turquoise spacer. ⁠
Blackwood handle with silver inlay depicting a pronghorn by Konstantin Pushkarev (Russia). Damascus Pommel w/turquoise cabochon inlay. ⁠

Casey_Pushkarev_210701B.jpg

A fresh TWIST! Derick @DamselflyForged Gives a refreshing spin on the complicated integral Chef's Knife.⁠

That's some FINELY grained layered steel hidden in the blade, too.⁠

Model: Twisted integral chef knife⁠
BL/OAL: 7" blade / 12- 1/2" OAL⁠
Material: 1000 layer damascus 15N20 and 1095⁠
Forged_by: Derick Kemper⁠
Handle: Dyed Maple⁠
Sheath: Derick Kemper⁠

Kemper_210629 copy.jpg

'Teton Wolf'! @KCaseyKnives instantly grips our attention with this captivating and complex collaboration.⁠

Handle artist @PushkarevKonstanti and noted engraver @Lucie.Bandikova elevate with their skills. ⁠

Kevin's thin feather steel is legendary.⁠

Knife is AVAILABLE.⁠

Model: Teton Wolf⁠
BL/OAL: 8.25" /13.25"⁠
Material: Feather Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Kevin Casey⁠
Bolster: Damascus, bronze, Damascus pommel w/Ruby ⁠
Handle: African Blackwood⁠
Knife Comments: 416ss and bronze spacer engraved. Blackwood stippled handle with silver wire inlay by Konstantin Pushkarev (Russia). 416ss pommel w/Ruby cabochon stone, engraved w/silver wire by Lucie Bandikova (Czech Republic). ⁠

Casey_Pushkarev_210701A.jpg

'Goblin folder' by the late Jim Schmidt, MS. These unusual carved heads always on the root of a crown stag are testament to artistry and diversity.⁠

Larry Fuegen has many examples also. This had to have been made in the mid-nineties.⁠

No one NEEDS this. Everyone APPRECIATES this! LOL!⁠

Schmidt_KT01-www.jpg

Rich beauty! @Dellana's work is ALWAYS about organic flow, exotic materials, and luxury curves.⁠

Her usage of gold is characteristic in ALL of her work. The three 'Dellana dots' (Named for her from Jim Schmidt who was a mentor) are always a *bit* off in unison. That's her intention. Not linear. I like that.⁠

The dreamy Mother of Pearl is as fine as I've ever seen. The filework and backlock says "I'm a veteran at this!"⁠

Dellana_210702.jpg

I rarely get feedback from these posts, and I cannot tell if the 'view count' is growing, as it's STUCK at 3-million! HA! (A first class problem.)

LMK if you browse? Do these work for you? Is it a resource for Bladeforums?

Thank you.

I rarely get feedback from these posts, and I cannot tell if the 'view count' is growing, as it's STUCK at 3-million! HA! (A first class problem.)

Thank you.
yes

Thank you.
Jim, I can't overstate how much I appreciate your photos. I hesitate to clutter the thread with Ohh Ahh, but please know that they are appreciated.

I browse this thread anytime I log on to BF. Which is most days.
I also "like" many of the knives.
Thanks for posting them !

This thread is literally the best source on the internet for being able to view the best and brightest makers work in the custom arena. I have to say as well, your expert photography and staging have given me so much appreciation for different styles and makers that I would never have been exposed to. Please know that a lot of us who collect customs look at this like the catalogue of The Met.

Thank you.

Personally, I check.in here.just about every single day! I was crushed for the months the on end when you weren't posting here!! I'm so happy that you take n took the time to post here. Your images are an art unto themselves!
Thank you for the time and effort you put in here!!

Well.... five people took the time to RSVP. :rolleyes: Thank you. :thumbsup:

Back