short shortsword

Advertising is not allowed on this forum. If you want to advertise on Bladeforums you'll have to get a Knifemaker Membership and post in the appropriate section. Click on "Upgrade your forums experience, and help support this site" at the top of the page for details.
http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav
attachment.php

Look at Muela knives. they have some leaf bladed knives >~ 12in long

google

ellen hunting and importing

Anton LaVey was a wanker, much like the knife he's holding in the picture. Anybody know what it is ?
:D

Dang I forget what those things are called, but I'm sure someone around here remembers. A rachet? A Hachet? Something like that. I hear that all really good ninjamasters use them too so the must be totally sweet!

anything flies. But the leaf shaped blade is more efficient.
If the leaf blade is so much more efficient, why did the Romans change their shortswords from the waisted blades such as on the Mainz style to the parallel sided Pompeii style? Further, why did the leaf blade never come back into extensive use for any variety of swordsused from the Migration Era through to the end of the use of swords as weapons in Europe?

If the leaf blade is so much more efficient, why did the Romans change their shortswords from the waisted blades such as on the Mainz style to the parallel sided Pompeii style? Further, why did the leaf blade never come back into extensive use for any variety of swordsused from the Migration Era through to the end of the use of swords as weapons in Europe?

Apparently new evidences supports that the average soldier didn't know how to properly sharpen a recurved blade and was afraid to try. The Brass decided that it was simpler for the troops if they only have blades with parallel edges.:D

I can think of at least 300 Spartans who would disagree.

How much are you willing to spend? Laci Szabo sells a good short sword on his site that he calls the American Short Sword. It's availiable with a 22" or 17 1/2" blade. It's not leaf-shaped, but it's very durable, light and fast. Laci tells me he's cut through a log with it in a single stroke.

$1,100, from www.szaboinc.com

In all seriousness, I DO like the smatchet, always have. If you can get hold of one that's ground from the center line versus hollow-ground around the perimeter, it should serve you well.

Hey guys.
First time posting here. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a picture of an Applegate fairbairn smatchet.

Oh, and I'm really not feeling up to searching myself, so anyone that doesn't post one for me, I'm telling the mods to ban you.

KThx.

christopher_walken.jpg

Last edited:
Back