Short sword for battling zombies

I've seen them before--honestly I don't think I like the idea of the aluminum scales. Seems like it would take away some of the chopping ability, get slick when wet, and cold in winter. Fun ideas though. :)

Something like this would work well. Of course you'd need to get a custom maker to create it, since most of them out there are crap.

sbmu-300-spartansword1_l.jpg

- Mark

42 blades i totally agree....thats the main reason i havent ordered one
still...really cool blades

mark funny u should post that because ive looked at one myself
actually windlass studios makes one like that for under $200 unsharpened....
and they (windlass) get some respect on the sword forums

....would make one hell of a beheader lol

Cold Steel is apparently coming out with a Gladius this year for around $40!

"Derived from the sword used by Celtic tribes of ancient Iberia (Spain) and adopted by the Roman Legions, the Gladius, with its long, narrow point and wasp waisted blade, was the scourge of the battlefield and often the last thing seen or felt by Rome's enemies.

Ever popular, the Gladius is still in demand almost 2000 years later and is one of our most frequently requested swords to make, so we have decided to offer a modern version of this ancient classic in a very affordable machete/sword format.

Made from 1055 Carbon steel and hand sharpened to a murderous point and wicked edge, it offers 19" of unprecedented piercing and slashing power at a bargain price.

Sporting an extra wide, full tang for strength and a classically inspired handle, it offers the standard guard and ball shaped pommel of years gone by. Made of high impact Polyproplylne, it's impervious to the elements, rugged beyond belief and most importantly, comes compete with a sturdy cordura sheath and belt loop."

Cold Steel is apparently coming out with a Gladius this year for around $40!

"Derived from the sword used by Celtic tribes of ancient Iberia (Spain) and adopted by the Roman Legions, the Gladius, with its long, narrow point and wasp waisted blade, was the scourge of the battlefield and often the last thing seen or felt by Rome's enemies.

Ever popular, the Gladius is still in demand almost 2000 years later and is one of our most frequently requested swords to make, so we have decided to offer a modern version of this ancient classic in a very affordable machete/sword format.

Made from 1055 Carbon steel and hand sharpened to a murderous point and wicked edge, it offers 19" of unprecedented piercing and slashing power at a bargain price.

Sporting an extra wide, full tang for strength and a classically inspired handle, it offers the standard guard and ball shaped pommel of years gone by. Made of high impact Polyproplylne, it's impervious to the elements, rugged beyond belief and most importantly, comes compete with a sturdy cordura sheath and belt loop."

So it will be another machete shaped to look like something else?

Sounds very similar to the 19inch blade "Two-Handed Katana Machete"

I've actually decided to go with a Tactical Gladius from John Gage. It's exactly what I was looking for. I just had to cough up a lot more than i wanted.

But it's a really high quality sword so I'm happy with it.

Pics?
Videos of it going after trees/milk jugs/etc?
Looks like such a sweet sword.
Another vote for Zombie tools, though.
Not owned by me yet, but I played with an ApoKatana a while back and oh boy is it fun! The parachute cord is a great grip. I don't know about the aluminum-scaled ones, but the Apokatana gets my vote! and exactly 299.99 right now.

Yeah that was the one I ordered...

Pics?
Videos of it going after trees/milk jugs/etc?
Looks like such a sweet sword.
Another vote for Zombie tools, though.
Not owned by me yet, but I played with an ApoKatana a while back and oh boy is it fun! The parachute cord is a great grip. I don't know about the aluminum-scaled ones, but the Apokatana gets my vote! and exactly 299.99 right now.

John Gage is currently in the process of building a batch of swords, my Tactical Gladius being one of them. I probably won't have it in hands until early march. But can not wait.

I went with the all black model with black carbon fiber handles. (I got lucky, he had some CF material to work with & upgraded it for free)

But I'll def get some pics & video of it when I can.

For anyone who was interEsted, John Gage seems like a great guy to work with and he obviously makes amazon swords.

I made one or 3.
.310 Chad Nichols Stainless. Random Pattern. 24"oal. Shadetree composite Kryptonite scales. Thanks. J
294547678_photobucket_11742_.jpg

294547678_photobucket_11743_.jpg

294547678_photobucket_11745_.jpg

294547678_photobucket_11746_.jpg

294547678_photobucket_11747_.jpg

294547678_photobucket_11671_.jpg

Back