Shouldn't every Friday be "Black Friday"

The simple, elegant, classy feel of the #15 in hand

39489311382_55b14481df_b.jpg

Yep, good lock bar release, no play, nice thin grind, pretty good steel, and as you say,, sweet blade shape. The opening is very cool too! Every time I take it out I wonder why I don't carry it more!
Thanks for the mini-review, Heath! :thumbsup::cool:

Some random black knives I don't think I've posted in this thread yet.
Rough Rider armorhide canoe:
uzqO6Mf.jpg

Marbles Workman series trapper with G-10 covers:
CsL7xho.jpg

Douk-Douk:
6KrtGMO.jpg

- GT

Great knives all! I always can't wait to leave work on Black Friday so I can go home and rifle thru the collection :D I'll Be Back :cool:

Colt canoe with black G-10 covers AND black Ti-coated carbon steel blades!
5DEcAcI.jpg

Despite not being a single-blade fan nor a lockback fan, one of my favorite knives is this Mercator Black Cat :confused::rolleyes::
550M62V.jpg

JJ Martinez marinera:
xpdTTDh.jpg

Cold Steel Kudu:
8nAdzcp.jpg

- GT

154D75E7-C774-4054-9472-6FB1647B0C8D.jpeg I’ll play!:) Railsplitter Railsplitter and The Fort The Fort : hey guys just curious, those incredible Northwoods Railsplitter Moose, are they a single spring? They are as close to a modern Surveyor pattern as I’ve seen. Jake, @supratentorial , gave me a lot of information on them once, I hadn’t realized Northwoods had had them in their lineup at one time. Dare I hope in D2? I wonder if Jake has one. Was black the only color for them? 25!!!!!
Thanks, Neal
PS-my god people, what gorgeous knives!

View attachment 828147 I’ll play!:) Railsplitter Railsplitter and The Fort The Fort : hey guys just curious, those incredible Northwoods Railsplitter Moose, are they a single spring? They are as close to a modern Surveyor pattern as I’ve seen. Jake, @supratentorial , gave me a lot of information on them once, I hadn’t realized Northwoods had had them in their lineup at one time. Dare I hope in D2? I wonder if Jake has one. Was black the only color for them? 25!!!!!
Thanks, Neal
PS-my god people, what gorgeous knives!
Neal, I'll have to get mine out and check but I think it's a two spring. 1095 carbon steel blades. Post number 15 in the link below lists the handle materials and how many were made of each.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-railsplitter-moose.798434/

It was Jake that I got these two from.
IMG_1320.JPG

Rick faaan-tastic! Is the top one, one of the ivory models, or did I miss pearl on that list? Those definitely belong in the Queen pic thread! I’m surprised Jake would let them go in some respects, knowing his fondness for the pattern.
Neal, I'll have to get mine out and check but I think it's a two spring. 1095 carbon steel blades. Post number 15 in the link below lists the handle materials and how many were made of each.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-railsplitter-moose.798434/

It was Jake that I got these two from.
View attachment 828181
PS-interesting that there were almost double the number of stag made, but perhaps that was close to a Sambar release year.(India only allows sales periodically, as I’m sure you know:rolleyes:)

Rick faaan-tastic! Is the top one, one of the ivory models, or did I miss pearl on that list? Those definitely belong in the Queen pic thread! I’m surprised Jake would let them go in some respects, knowing his fondness for the pattern.

PS-interesting that there were almost double the number of stag made, but perhaps that was close to a Sambar release year.(India only allows sales periodically, as I’m sure you know:rolleyes:)

Yep, that's one of the 4 Ivory variants.

What a sweet score that is, the Ivory I mean. Truly rare and exceptional.
Thanks, Neal

Back