Show Me Your Apocalypse Arsenal

I definitely would recommend an AR out of the two. You really can't go wrong though with either one.

You can tell which way i went. The massively more compact pact package and better balance is what sold me on the aug. The MOA accuracy didn't hurt my feelings either

Can't explain why, but I don't really like posting pics of my firearms online.

Love this group. Crossbow, swords, shotgun bandolier, and a Styer AUG. :thumbup:

Her are some of my favorite items. These are the things i'd be taking with me if SHTF

29nxfro.jpg

I like to be as off the grid as possible, which is hard nowadays. But I'm way better off then most. I'm up in the Appalachian mtns at the end of dead end road up in a high hollow. The AT is 1 mile via bushwack straight up the mtns about 1200' vertical. Surrounded by miles of Forest service wilderness and family lands. Powerless gravity fed spring water system off the mtn above the house. Heat with wood only with an infinite supply of wood on my property. Trout stream thru the front yard. Large and small game all around the place, as well as the skills needed to hunt and process the kill. Our own veggie garden that we 'Can' stuff from. 9k generator. Tons of oil lamps, candles, etc. 80% of the county is Forest service wilderness lands. Also a huge supply of backpacking gear(which includes several filters) and the knowledge/experience to use it. And then theres the guns.. Everyone here has guns(only 8k in the county). Hard working mtn folks.

All my stuff was lost in a tragic boating accident. But heres some of it before that happened.

1911s 3.5", 4.25", 5". (and Colt .380)

The Scandium framed SW just got new VZ grips.

Ruger P90 .45acp.

9mm Glocks.

Some .22s. 3 10/22s and Kimber .22 SVT bolt.

The Kimber at 50yrds. It'll do better. At my home shooting range.
SampWE1911WC266_zpsca734a3e.jpg

Another .22.

Bigger stuff.

Fairly rare Ruger .44mag carbine w Leupold 1.5x5 VX3. 2nd gen. Great brush hunter to about 120yrds.

Some Busse stuff added for relevancy.

Theres a bit more but thats enough I think.

Last edited:
Hmmmm a lot of those guns and knives sure look clean and new. You guys train for this apocolypse?

People train for it but many don't test their firearms for such an event. With the exception of revolvers, I shoot my guns and leave them. Get a couple thousand rounds through them think about cleaning them, but really if they don't start acting weird I just keep shooting them, some fresh lube, and call it a day.

I put 15000 rounds through my Buckmark from last year to this year, no cleaning, no lube, just to see how far it would go before messing up and becoming unreliable. 15000 was that breaking point :) It's good to know how far your firearms are capable of going.

I'm surprised you haven't picked up a wood handguard for that AB2, I know those plastic ones on mine would heat up so damn bad and quick after 15 shots it was ridiculous. Least you have the thicker receiver :thumbup:

I'm surprised you haven't picked up a wood handguard for that AB2, I know those plastic ones on mine would heat up so damn bad and quick after 15 shots it was ridiculous. Least you have the thicker receiver :thumbup:

Good eye. I've been eyeing some wood foregrips but have yet to procure one. Thats a backup rifle so it hasn't been a priority. The other with OD furniture is a thinner receiver'd WASR 10/63. Yes it suffers from mag wobble. Both rifles are spot on tho, meaning both are "Minute of beer can" at 100yrds.

I like to be as off the grid as possible, which is hard nowadays. But I'm way better off then most. I'm up in the Appalachian mtns at the end of dead end road up in a high hollow. The AT is 1 mile via bushwack straight up the mtns about 1200' vertical. Surrounded by miles of Forest service wilderness and family lands. Powerless gravity fed spring water system off the mtn above the house. Heat with wood only with an infinite supply of wood on my property. Trout stream thru the front yard. Large and small game all around the place, as well as the skills needed to hunt and process the kill. Our own veggie garden that we 'Can' stuff from. 9k generator. Tons of oil lamps, candles, etc. 80% of the county is Forest service wilderness lands. Also a huge supply of backpacking gear(which includes several filters) and the knowledge/experience to use it. And then theres the guns.. Everyone here has guns(only 8k in the county). Hard working mtn folks.

All my stuff was lost in a tragic boating accident. But heres some of it before that happened.

1911s 3.5", 4.25", 5". (and Colt .380)

The Scandium framed SW just got new VZ grips.

Ruger P90 .45acp.

9mm Glocks.

Some .22s. 3 10/22s and Kimber .22 SVT bolt.

The Kimber at 50yrds. It'll do better. At my home shooting range.
SampWE1911WC266_zpsca734a3e.jpg

Another .22.

Bigger stuff.

Fairly rare Ruger .44mag carbine w Leupold 1.5x5 VX3. 2nd gen. Great brush hunter to about 120yrds.

Some Busse stuff added for relevancy.

Theres a lot more, but thats enough I think.

there must be one heck of a story behind why all that stuff was on a boat with you at the same time:)

How is the trigger? I was looking at those when I decided to get the LWRC instead

the trigger isn't "great"... it's good though. Very clean break, a little over travel and a reset about 70% back up. At first, being used to my Browning and POF 308, it felt mushy as hell, but i got used to if fast

Back