Show off your 15's

Yes I noticed. Think you beat me to them by a few hours so no more complaining about timing on your side of the world. You get to shop while we sleep :p

Wow, I picked up a chestnut sawcut and may go back for a blackwood. The #15 bareheaded one arm in ebony has me waiting. I think I may need that one more. Too many choices and not enough hands to use them all at once.

Was that a pun on the one-armed razor? Ha! Ha!
You just reminded me about the #15 barehead one arm. Might have to look into doing an early reservation on one.
As for the timing....well you win some, you lose some I guess. All part of the fun.

Linus

Was that a pun on the one-armed razor? Ha! Ha!
You just reminded me about the #15 barehead one arm. Might have to look into doing an early reservation on one.
As for the timing....well you win some, you lose some I guess. All part of the fun.

Linus

Unintended pun I assure you, but happy accident I guess.

20140728_121140.jpg

20140728_120922.jpg

Nice pics xceptnl! I have the exact same Boy's Knife coming to me soon. That blade style always fascinated me, even more so when I became disabled.

Nice pics xceptnl! I have the exact same Boy's Knife coming to me soon. That blade style always fascinated me, even more so when I became disabled.

I really like it already. Being someone who was always into one hand openers with modern folders, this functionality makes this knife more practical for me and thus I am way more likely to carry and use.

Just got mine in the mail. Really liking it so far. The Ebony is very light colored with some nice grain it it. So far have it hair shaving sharp - working on getting it like a Razor :)

Definitely need to put it in your pocket folded up in a bandana or pocket slip though, the exposed tip is very pointy.

Just got mine in the mail. Really liking it so far. The Ebony is very light colored with some nice grain it it. So far have it hair shaving sharp - working on getting it like a Razor :)

Definitely need to put it in your pocket folded up in a bandana or pocket slip though, the exposed tip is very pointy.

Placed the sharp tip into the crease in my billfold to prevent being poked.

That's a great picture xceptnl:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Like the boy's knife version of the Razor also;)

Thank you Paul. It was a real treat to receive both versions in the same day. I was lucky enough to find the props for the picture in a random box at work.... don't ask.

Picked up a barehead single clip #15 recently and really like it, the shaping of the ebony handle is fantastic, I like it better than my capped #15. Also found this little button in the bottom of the tube, hadn't seen that before.

2C01AE02-8C32-4673-89A9-3D42EA7D33DE.jpg

I wouldn't mind finding one or two of those buttons. I think that is pretty cool. I saw a post by Waynorth a while back about those. It was joked that they were the golden ticket to the Charlow factory.

Picked up a barehead single clip #15 recently and really like it, the shaping of the ebony handle is fantastic, I like it better than my capped #15. Also found this little button in the bottom of the tube, hadn't seen that before.

2C01AE02-8C32-4673-89A9-3D42EA7D33DE.jpg

I really like that a lot. Great photo. How thick is the handle on that single blade?

Last edited:
It's pretty slim, but nicely and subtly curved...more so than the barlows for sure. Lost the good light so this is the best I could do right now.

94FCA2D2-346D-4091-99F4-8FBE894244F3.jpg

Looking good there buddy. The light colored ebony is a nice surprise. Will make a nice contrast to the dark African blackwood.
Linus

Thank you brother. I asked the dealer for te lightest of the batch they had. The note with the receipt said that their entire batch was this shade +/-. The edges are darker like the normal ebony and it makes for a beautiful contrast. I do think I need an Blackwood Single Clip though.

Back