Show us your Randalls

First Randall inherited from my deceased grandfather. Just got it and havent touched it yet. Unfortunately my grandfather didnt take the best care of the knife. He wasnt very good at sharpening and tried to sharpen the top edge. Otherwise in pretty good shape.
From My limited research this seems to be a model 1? Based on the buttons on the sheath I think it's from the late 70's early 80's?
Any additional info/corrections would be greatly appreciated.
Ux1VOrn.jpg

Foldergeek, that's a wicked nice knife to inherit. A number 1 Randall with stag is a Grail knife to some folks. Good thing about it being scratched is you don't have to baby it. Use it enjoy it, cherish it. It's awesome.

Reactions: clk
Just in time for the Thanksgiving Turkey. My latest acquisition. Looks like a 6-9 with stag handle and right hand finger grips. Maybe 1960s? Any thoughts or help on identification would be much appreciated. This one was used quite a bit and has seen the sharpener a few times. She's in rough shape but I finally have a Randall I can use.
RN6b.jpg
RN6a.jpg

Here's a new, old stock six option Model #3-6 with an original upgraded black sheath that I'm going to list in the fixed blade For Sale section later today. With RMK's current five option ordering limit, this knife could not be ordered today. Plus, it's got some nice stag too. :thumbsup:

3-6_6O1.jpg

3-6_6O2.jpg

3-6_6O3.jpg

That's a sweet knife. I didn't want to respond on the for sale thread.
1 thong hole
2 stag
3 butt cap
4 stainless
5 thumb notches
6 brass washers
& black sheath

Am I right?

Ed, you are, but it took me a minute to figure out your post enough to agree. For so many years I've counted from the tip of the blade and worked back, that your bouncing around almost confused me. Saw teeth, Saw teeth / no saw teeth grind, Model #6 blade grind, and name etching (along with carbon steel) are all other blade options alone, not seen here. Good eye! :thumbsup:

My Randall Trapper isn't new now. It's the perfect size and shape. Almost got skunked this year. There's six buzzards up above in a tree, waiting for a chance. Hope the Flickr link works.
dateposted-public

Back