Show us your Randalls

Really cool piece. It has just the right amount of wear. Too bad so many of these get separated from their history.

It’s the first one I’ve noticed with “stainless” on the tang. Is that common?

Really cool piece. It has just the right amount of wear. Too bad so many of these get separated from their history.

It’s the first one I’ve noticed with “stainless” on the tang. Is that common?
It’s a Solingen blade, the early Solingen blades indeed can have that marking, in fact it helps a little in dating to see that stamping on the blade as it indicates probability of mid 60s and not early 70s though it’s just an indicator, I happen to believe the “story” that it is 1967, and all together the physical “clues” support this dating

It’s a Solingen blade, the early Solingen blades indeed can have that marking, in fact it helps a little in dating to see that stamping on the blade as it indicates probability of mid 60s and not early 70s though it’s just an indicator, I happen to believe the “story” that it is 1967, and all together the physical “clues” support this dating
I'm thinking it may be military. Isn't that type sheathe specifically ordered by the military?

I believe it's the standard small-rivet sheath Randall used from early 1967 to late 1972.
-Steve

I believe it's the standard small-rivet sheath Randall used from early 1967 to late 1972.
-Steve
I was going on this comment in the Randall catalog -
C. Model C – Supplied with Models 14, 15, 17, and 18. Specially designed under the auspices of the U.S. Marine Corps for these knives. With hone in the pocket. Fitted with tie-down thongs (5 1/2″ ‘C’ sheath has single stitch and 7 1/2″ ‘C’ sheath has double stitching)

This is my #18 A SS. I currently have it for sale here on the site, but had a member message me suggesting this might be an older knife than I expect. I purchased it in 2011 or so from Nordic Knives and I believe it's likely from around that period, but this individual suggested it might be a good bit earlier than that. Any thoughts on that form collectors here?

ncQ2rwI.jpg

The knife is no older than around 1984/85, that is when the knurled handle was introduced.
Also, the handle has a knurled end knob with serrations. That replaced the straight lines on it from before.

Although it isn't exact science with dating older Randall's, this information is generally known and comes from an expert. Your knife's value is around the same as a new one.
It is made somewhere between 1984 and 2011, great knife!

Back