Show us your Randalls

v9J9O9Ah.jpg

qvXjeSEh.jpg

Great pattern, great makers, great dangler sheath. If that is thuya wood (and it is a nice example) I have noticed that if it is shut up in a closed place, when I open it, there is a vile stench issuing forth. Not a deal breaker! :cool:
That’s an interesting observation. Yes, it’s thuya wood. I just received it last week. I will take note of this. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

My father-in-law handed this down to me last summer. It has been a great source of pride for him, but he no longer hunts and I have been admiring it for a long time. I think it's from the late 40's, and purchased from a sporting goods store that used to be in downtown Chicago. That's about all I know of it, except to keep the blade oiled up, which I do regularly!

Attachments

• randall2.jpeg
    randall2.jpeg
    972.8 KB · Views: 23
  • randall_1.jpeg
    randall_1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
I'm interested in trying a #16 diver. Do any of you have one and/or have opinions about this model?

I'm interested in trying a #16 diver. Do any of you have one and/or have opinions about this model?
wTLAzqym.jpg

My mate uses a model 16 sometimes while fishing.
Sheath is one he home-made from poly pipe.
He has told me it is a well designed and made tool for its intended purpose.
It's been used on various dives off the Queensland (Australia) coast.
Opened plenty of coconuts and the odd oyster from the rocks as well.
It's tough and sharp, holds a good edge.
The only drama he has is with the finger grooves, he has smallish hands, and if getting another knife would get the 'Border Patrol' handle shape.
I suggest to get one if you can, if you don't like it I'm sure you will find someone to take it off your hands.

I agree on the finger grooves to a point. I liked the way they locked into my hand, they fit me good I have large hands.

The Buxton Fighter shown above has the border patrol handle. Its fine too, but not as secure in my grip.

The replacement SP1 I ordered with a single finger groove. I’m thinking that will be the perfect grip. But I’ve never held a Randall with single finger grip, so I can’t actually recommend it.

Viper84 Viper84 when ordering be sure to get the special wax impregnated sheath.

Back