Show your HDFK!

Yeah! Everybody needs one! ;)

98zrjl.jpg

9rkf3c.jpg

"NASK" AKA HDFK

xlarge.jpg

large.jpg

TBT, that is the only one which I would consider as a true N.A.S.K out in the "wild".

For those who were not around back then, that moniker came from Not A Survival Knife which was kind of a play on words to distinguish and separate this CPK pattern from another Co which uses the same name with an Exclamation mark! By the time when the production "NASKs" started rolling out, the official name had already been chosen as HDFK.

This pattern was the only CPK which had remained nameless for a long time till Nathan had finally settled on HDFK but it was also referred to as "fluffer" colloquially by some dirty-minded folks :D

TBT, that is the only one which I would consider as a true N.A.S.K out in the "wild".

For those who were not around back then, that moniker came from Not A Survival Knife which was kind of a play on words to distinguish and separate this CPK pattern from another Co which uses the same name with an Exclamation mark! By the time when the production "NASKs" started rolling out the official name had already been chosen as HDFK.

This pattern was the only CPK which had remained nameless for a long time till Nathan had finally settled on HDFK but it was also referred to as "fluffer" colloquially by some dirty-minded folks :D

Thanks, Mat, for the explanation, which I did not particularly feel like going into, but you have a way with words.................

Thanks, Mat, for the explanation, which I did not particularly feel like going into, but you have a way with words, unlike some others.

Yup, words get stuck in my mouth :D :D :D

Thanks Bob for the kind words :)

ETA: but in historical context as far as CPK goes, that is the true NASK, i.e, the pre-production test unit, one of a few which all but one ended up in that darn creek ;)

Yup, words get stuck in my mouth :D :D :D

Thanks Bob for the kind words :)

ETA: but in historical context as far as CPK goes, that is the true NASK, i.e, the pre-production test unit, one of a few which all but one ended up in that darn creek ;)
Were the D2 versions sold as HDFK or NASK? Or Both names in the sale post?

They weren't sold as NASKs but were more or less referred to as the Heavy Duty Field Knife aka NASK, because so many people had picked up and used the word NASK to refer to the new model HDFK, much like the Utility Field Knife (UFK model name) is often referred to as the FK2. Here is the title of a thread that advertised the D2 "prototypes" though none of them were stamped prototype, as I recall:

"SALE! Twenty Heavy Duty Field Knives (The N.A.S.K), D2 Prototypes"

They weren't sold as NASKs but were more or less referred to as the Heavy Duty Field Knife aka NASK, because so many people had picked up and used the word NASK to refer to the new model HDFK, much like the Utility Field Knife (UFK model name) is often referred to as the FK2. Here is the title of a thread that advertised the D2 "prototypes" though none of them were stamped prototype, as I recall:

"SALE! Twenty Heavy Duty Field Knives (The N.A.S.K), D2 Prototypes"

Correct Bob, almost sterile (no Carothers sigi) but only the D2 stamp (not enough room for the correct steel name which is PSF27). Apart from that D2 stamps, the bark effect in the flats is the identifier.

Back