Shower Knife, really? Who does that!

If Janet Leigh had had a knife of her own in that shower at the Bates Motel, things might have worked out better for her.

I instantly thought of this scene. Scrolling down, I wondered how many posts it would take for someone to mention it. You nailed it at number five.

Seriously though, this might make sense in a high crime area. The OP's use of scraping off water-resistant gunk is legit. I've previously used a knife to help get rid of pine pitch, tar, and medical tape residue.

We have now established the legitimacy of the shower knife.

So what other seldom talked about areas do we have knives for??

I do not keep a knife in the shower but I will hang my necker in the shower when showering. I just like to have a knife on me at any time. Empty TP roll ? Just grab the next pack, slice it open cleanly and reload. Why claw and tear at the plastic ?

I’ve known to have a knife in the bathroom but, not in the shower.

Not a dedicated bathroom knife of course. I will take a knife in to fidget with when I am on the can.

Now that you guys brought up Janet Leigh in the shower, my mind will go nuts when I step in the shower a little later today.
Thanks guys.

I am bored out of my skull right now anyhow. With the orders to stay home and everything. You guys aren’t helping any.

Look up the reason for the development of the Spyderco Ark knife. The results may surprise you.

Yes, I know of it. A good friend of mine has one, and when I finally met up with him to hang out one day, he let me check it out, and even knowing the specs beforehand, I couldn't believe how light it felt in the hand.

I did keep a metal pot scrubber (never steel wool) handy for fiberglass resin, body putty, and paint overspray when I did auto body repair ... but never a knife.

I keep a nail brush in there too, but it's got nothing on Gorilla Glue.

The intruder hears water running and off-key singing.

More like "would be intruder runs off thinking there is already a murder in progress"! :D

So... you sing off key but have a powerful voice ! You can just shriek the intruder away. Still keep that knife in the shower, however : there could be deaf criminals...

I generally bring my “hammer” in the shower with me. Lol. No need for a knife to defend myself...
Over the top?
I’ll see myself out. ;)

Last edited:
... More like "would be intruder runs off thinking there is already a murder in progress"! :D

Remember when Joe Biden recommended shooting a shot gun into the air to deter home invasion? It might be safer to rig our home stereo to blast the Psycho music. :D

He actually said that? :eek: I am in Canada, plus I don't follow all the news, but just live my life. But even this Canuck knows you don't fire a round into the air; you don't know where it will land - or into whom. As far as I am aware, the law in most states would suggest the best way to use a firearm to stop a home invader is to fire rounds into center mass until the threat is over.

He actually said that? :eek: I am in Canada, plus I don't follow all the news, but just live my life. But even this Canuck knows you don't fire a round into the air; you don't know where it will land - or into whom. As far as I am aware, the law in most states would suggest the best way to use a firearm to stop a home invader is to fire rounds into center mass until the threat is over.

This is old news from back when he was our Vice President. I paraphrased. Here is his actual comment:

This is old news from back when he was our Vice President. I paraphrased. Here is his actual comment:

Alright, so on the one hand, he didn't actually say into the air. Point Biden. On the other hand, he spoke (verifiably) falsely about AR15s. Point withdrawn.

Back