I used to love A/O but now with IKBS I find it redundant. These are my list of things that will KILL a purchase for me. If any knife has these features I wont buy them. It really really limits my potentials but in my situation thats probably a good thing
1. Washer construction. I only buy bearing pivot knives these days. The only knives I accept with washers are autos. But again with bearings i find myself only buying OTF autos.
2. A/O - Now that im a bearing addict I have no need for assisted opening. Just more stuff to break.
3. Coated blades - I make exceptions here and there but I mostly despise coated blades
4. Knives without pocket clips. I dont care for sheaths except for storage. If I cant clip it, I usually flip it.
5. Skate tape anything. I dont want sandpaper on my knife.
6. Proprietary hardware- If i need to buy a new wrench or if the hardware will get damaged by adjustments you can keep it.
7. Serrations- If i wanted to tear something apart ill do it with my hands
8. Extreme recurves- I prefer not to spend eternity in sharpening hell.
9. Lock backs, slip joints, and friction folders- I have no use for thes knives. And no quick or witty comment.
10. Customs- Ive had them and as much as I love the look of a good custom I cant bring myself to use them. Then I get guilty for them just collecting dust and I sell them. Though i do regret the sale of a couple of them. They were irreplaceable and I should have known better.