Slysz Bowie... just couple of additional shots

Did anyone get to hold one this past weekend? If so, what was the blade length? Additional comments?

I have a benchmade 940 my first collector knife and my only edc so it gets used a lot, looking for my first spyderco and 2nd edc! Have this one in my sights after lots of lurking around and drooling, looks like a good self christmas present. :eek:

The Farid K2 and the Slysz are equally beautiful. Are both going to make it to production? Which one would you guys rather see?

I got to hold the proto at blade. My first reaction was that this knife is substantially lighter than I anticipated, at the same time it had a great lockup and felt just as sturdy as any folder I've ever handled. The scales are convexed, which really doesn't show so well in the photos. It was very comfortable to hold. I went from thinking I will probably get this one to setting aside funds now. This one is a winner, as long as the final fit and finish is like the techno. Hopefully available by the end of the year.

Grizz

I got to hold the proto at blade. My first reaction was that this knife is substantially lighter than I anticipated, at the same time it had a great lockup and felt just as sturdy as any folder I've ever handled. The scales are convexed, which really doesn't show so well in the photos. It was very comfortable to hold. I went from thinking I will probably get this one to setting aside funds now. This one is a winner, as long as the final fit and finish is like the techno. Hopefully available by the end of the year.

Grizz

What would you say the blade length is? I can't find this info anywhere. Was the rounded spine executed nicely?

The Farid K2 and the Slysz are equally beautiful. Are both going to make it to production? Which one would you guys rather see?

From my understanding, yes, so we don't have to choose. If I were to choose, I'd go with the bowie, for me it's a more usable/carryable size.

Spyderco doesn't give release dates. It wasn't in the mid-year supplement so it might not be out this year.

when is this knife coming out!!??! this is exasperating getting NO answer

We've all been there. No good answer. Spyderco would rather not give out timelines. With a product that is made halfway around the world, it has to be shipped to the US, inspected by Spyderco, and finally shipped out to their dealers, you can see where one minor or major problem could seriously mess up the expected dates. (Container left on the dock, caught up in customs, problem with finished knives, even bad weather.) I fully understand Spyderco not giving expected timelines until the knives are enroute to the dealers. You are obviously really excited about this knife, and you are not alone. Imagine if the entire shipment was delayed a month past the expected date, how many angry phone calls and e-mails would Spyderco get? I've worked in trucking, we got tons of complaints when we didn't do anything wrong. (IE "Dude, I'm like really sorry that the people you bought this from shipped you the wrong product, but that isn't our fault. I understand how badly you need the correct product and that your production line is currently on hold. The time it takes to get a replacement from California to South Carolina is a minimum of four business days. Other companies can get it faster but it costs more to put stuff on a plane. I'm sorry you feel that we suck because we won't pay to airship you replacement order.")

And I hope I'm not going overboard but seriously; take a chill pill. This isn't a replacement kidney we're talking about, just a knife. A cool knife, but most of us already have more than enough knives to last several lifetimes. Getting upset about not knowing the date a knife will be available is not exactly the attitude that prevents heart attacks.

Grizz

I'd almost give a Kidney for this knife...

I'm patient though, so I'll get this one when it comes out for sure, but I needs this precious.

I like Marcin's flipper version, too:
67pd.jpg

ogm8.jpg

Back