1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Slysz Bowie... just couple of additional shots

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by PiterM, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    Please consider making a lefty version.

2. feuerizer

feuerizer

Nov 9, 2013
    It just won't happen. Sadly.
    Considering the discontinuation of the military, I think it will take some time till we see another left hand dedicated knife.

3. gwgang

gwgang

Aug 25, 2013
    The only thing that prevent me from getting this is the frame lock cutout. It is located just near the wire clip contact. My back pocket will be frayed. If the cutout is machined inside the frame, that will avoide the rubbing against the edge of the cutout. I never EDC my ZT 0801 for this reason. What's your view on this?

4. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    It is the same with the Techno, only snags slightly with a couple of pockets.

5. netidolweb

netidolweb

Feb 12, 2012
    Would like to see a Techno XL in future.:thumbup:
    This Bowie looks similar to K2:confused:

6. knolan

knolan

Apr 23, 2013
    Not sure what your connection/association is with Marcin and Sal, but you seem to be the individual that brought recent Slysz designs to Spyderco...and for that, I thank you profusely Piter!! I haven't found anything even remotely close to knocking the Techno out of my pocket in the roughly 8 mos. I've owned it (it is, IMO simply perfection and has rendered most of my other EDC folders dust collectors), and have been waiting patiently for a Spyderco/SpydeChef collab.

Now however, with the Slycz Bowie apparently imminent in 2014...this with certainly be my next "size large" Techno

7. hoimin

hoimin

Jan 21, 2014
    Thanks for the welcome, Sal!

Any chance for the Marcin Slysz collaborations to continue into a family of Spyders?
    Techno, Bowie, Chef... Southardy-Flipper? :D

8. godsmyjudge

godsmyjudge Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    gotta get cuscadi to start working on an orange backspacer replica

9. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I like this and will probably get one. But would like it more if the blade were a little thicker, and if they squeezed another half inch of blade length into that handle (which looks eminently do-able).

10. Hawk45

Hawk45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I will be in line for one!

11. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    When I first saw the K2, I was thinking "man I wish they'd make a smaller version of that" and then I saw the Bowie and thought "that's perfect".

12. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    You sure about that?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. WorkingEdge

WorkingEdge

May 20, 2013
    So does this knife have the same blade thickness as the Techno? I'm one of those that like the thickness of the Techno. Looks pretty thick on the last set of pictures.

14. Gadgetman7

Gadgetman7

Sep 30, 2001
    I really like this one. I'll be buying at least one but I'd like to know the actual blade length too. I'd like three inches but under 3.5 will be okay.

15. netidolweb

netidolweb

Feb 12, 2012
    I like this Slysz Bowie, hope the price under $200

16. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    No, not sure, will have to wait for the stats, but it doesn't look to me like the blade goes right to the end of the handle when closed. Also moving the pivot forward by 1/8" gives another 1/4" of potential blade length. It it turns out the that blade lenght is not less that 1" under the handle length, I'd delighted. Blade stock looks like its somewhere between 3.5 - 4 mm to me, which is OK - would have preferred a little thicker.

17. ramirezimage

ramirezimage

Apr 1, 2014
    This knife is going to be great with this Spyderco Techno. Great knife making in the works.

18. Fly Lo

Fly Lo

Feb 17, 2013
    That is a very attractive piece.. I'm in for at least 1

19. enderwiggin

enderwiggin

Nov 18, 2006
    Here, here!

20. enderwiggin

enderwiggin

Nov 18, 2006
    I'm digging the thickness of the blade compared to the handle thickness. The thicker the blade on most Spydercos, the thicker the handle slabs.