Slysz Bowie... just couple of additional shots

Hi Hoimin and Masked Ferret,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx for the pics Piter. And thanx much for bringing us the design. (Piter also brought the Techno design to us).

Interesting flop on the pic, Ferret.

The model is not yet tooled. So it will be a while. Price will depend on cost, We maintain stable margins.

It looks like his style of design is appreciated.

sal

Please consider making a lefty version.

The only thing that prevent me from getting this is the frame lock cutout. It is located just near the wire clip contact. My back pocket will be frayed. If the cutout is machined inside the frame, that will avoide the rubbing against the edge of the cutout. I never EDC my ZT 0801 for this reason. What's your view on this?

The only thing that prevent me from getting this is the frame lock cutout. It is located just near the wire clip contact. My back pocket will be frayed. If the cutout is machined inside the frame, that will avoide the rubbing against the edge of the cutout. I never EDC my ZT 0801 for this reason. What's your view on this?

It is the same with the Techno, only snags slightly with a couple of pockets.

I tried the production proto also with left hand - no major issue, there is enough of the hole exposed.

Not sure what your connection/association is with Marcin and Sal, but you seem to be the individual that brought recent Slysz designs to Spyderco...and for that, I thank you profusely Piter!! I haven't found anything even remotely close to knocking the Techno out of my pocket in the roughly 8 mos. I've owned it (it is, IMO simply perfection and has rendered most of my other EDC folders dust collectors), and have been waiting patiently for a Spyderco/SpydeChef collab.

Now however, with the Slycz Bowie apparently imminent in 2014...this with certainly be my next "size large" Techno

Thanks for the welcome, Sal!

Any chance for the Marcin Slysz collaborations to continue into a family of Spyders?
Techno, Bowie, Chef... Southardy-Flipper? :D

I like this and will probably get one. But would like it more if the blade were a little thicker, and if they squeezed another half inch of blade length into that handle (which looks eminently do-able).

Would like to see a Techno XL in future.:thumbup:
This Bowie looks similar to K2:confused:

When I first saw the K2, I was thinking "man I wish they'd make a smaller version of that" and then I saw the Bowie and thought "that's perfect".

I like this and will probably get one. But would like it more if the blade were a little thicker, and if they squeezed another half inch of blade length into that handle (which looks eminently do-able).

You sure about that?

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionprototype_slyszbowie_halfopen.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionprototype_slyszbowie_spine.jpg

So does this knife have the same blade thickness as the Techno? I'm one of those that like the thickness of the Techno. Looks pretty thick on the last set of pictures.

I really like this one. I'll be buying at least one but I'd like to know the actual blade length too. I'd like three inches but under 3.5 will be okay.

You sure about that?

No, not sure, will have to wait for the stats, but it doesn't look to me like the blade goes right to the end of the handle when closed. Also moving the pivot forward by 1/8" gives another 1/4" of potential blade length. It it turns out the that blade lenght is not less that 1" under the handle length, I'd delighted. Blade stock looks like its somewhere between 3.5 - 4 mm to me, which is OK - would have preferred a little thicker.

Back