SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Since starting this thread almost three years ago I've learned a few things about what I like in smalls. Your posts have helped me in this considerably, thank you! This week I was fortunate to find at a reasonable cost one that I've looked for, for quite some time. I believe this newest to me small, is destine to become the absolute favorite of all my little gems.
Allow me to introduce to you the Black Box Winchester Half Congress by Queen.
VMQIIm1.jpg

Many things qualify this knife to be my favorite small, I'll list just a few;
Size - 3.25" not to small
Material - beautiful Rogers bone and stainless steel
Pattern - single spring opposite end with tons of character
Blades - wharncliffe and pen
Age - 33 years (vintage)
Quality - second to none
Not every knife elicits an emotional response from me like this one does so I'll get back with you after the honeymoon stage of ownership and let you know of it's status in the fold. :)
If you were to pick one, two or even three of your favorite small knives which would it be?
sparerow

Since starting this thread almost three years ago I've learned a few things about what I like in smalls. Your posts have helped me in this considerably, thank you! This week I was fortunate to find at a reasonable cost one that I've looked for, for quite some time. I believe this newest to me small, is destine to become the absolute favorite of all my little gems.
VMQIIm1.jpg

Age - 33 years (vintage)
Quality - second to none
Not every knife elicits an emotional response from me like this one does so I'll get back with you after the honeymoon stage of ownership and let you know of it's status in the fold. :)
If you were to pick one, two or even three of your favorite small knives which would it be?
sparerow
I can clearly understand what you're feeling!:)
W2935_Kohinoor.jpg

VMQIIm1.jpg

Age - 33 years (vintage)
Quality - second to none
sparerow
It would be impossible for me to pick a favorite Small Traditional Knife . Too many Smalls were gifted to me by my Kids . Seldom carry a Small .

Harry

I was right, it was a fun exercise...
I picked the three small knives that have remained, will remain for a long time, and get carried the most in my watch pocket.
These three knives are; The Case Boys Knife (Pre 70's), The GEC Templar #06, and a Bonestag Case Peanut... I like all three.

VMQIIm1.jpg

Age - 33 years (vintage)
Quality - second to none
sparerow
Beautiful choice. I have been looking for one of those.

These Black Box Winchesters have 1095 carbon steel blades and will patina like our GEC's.

Back