Snark Wars: Episode Vll The Snark Awakens (Bladite's the guy in the mask...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit with the fires!!! I've been really getting the itch to do some ice fishing, but the ice is way behind this year. The big lake finally froze over this weekend, but now we need cold weather to make it safe to be on.

I did apologize.... LOL

I do hope you get to do some ice fishing, looks like fun..... Can't promise anything with the fire though... Just got a trailer load, about the size of truck bed piling up over the sides, of pure fat lighter.....

Actually I can promise something... There will be fire :D

A shop is #1 just looking at options. Becker Midwest is probable

What options you thinking about?

Just curious... I went with a metal/wood shed... 10x20. Cost 3000.

Sometimes I think I should of went with a steel building, could of got much more square feet for the same price... But without a floor... I would of had to pour concrete as well... More money.

I'm OK with the 10x20 right now... But I can see needing more room later. Especially if I ever start doing work in there HAHA :D

Small but we are trying to figure it out. Lots of stuff going away.

Thanks let me know when you want to check it out I need some brainstorming.

Small pond not sure how deep it is probably due for a clean out.

This is from a very steep mini bluff over looking the creek the field in the background is mine as well.

Same spot but looking more to the west

This one is from the lower field

Most of the actual timber is on the other side all together its 50/50 timber pasture/hay. The house is a fraction of what we are used to and there is no shop or garages. So all that is in the air for now but I cant be more excited. Of course everyone else thinks we are nuts leaving the big house but the wife and I are excited.

Looks aweSome brotha!! Congrats! I'm looking for a house now.

1354978258325647654_zpsvrbfwrk1.gif

Need a new portable drill. A friend recommended Rigid. Opinions? Also, NiCad or lithium ion?

I've had good luck w/ my Dewalt 18v. In 3 years of near constant use, I've only had to rebuild 1 battery (of 2).

Whatever you get, stay away from the lower voltage drills. They won't work well for any heavy use.

Need a new portable drill. A friend recommended Rigid. Opinions? Also, NiCad or lithium ion?

A big box store has a Dewalt 20v lithium for $99 that's a steal

And thanks for all the congrats, yes pants are optional knives are not.

A big box store has a Dewalt 20v lithium for $99 that's a steal.

Saw that. Am seriously considering. Also like the sounds of this for the 18V Ridgid lithium ion.

Drill is compatible with all RIDGID 18-Volt batteries; kit is backed with the RIDGID lifetime service agreement giving users free parts, free batteries and free service for life with registration

"free batteries for life" is an awesome deal. That's usually the thing that gets us all to consider buying another one when the batteries fail 'cause batteries are so danged expensive by themselves.

Psyop, congrats on the new place. Looks like my kinda place. Not to big and lots of open space to putter around in. How far to the nearest neighbor?

"free batteries for life" is an awesome deal. That's usually the thing that gets us all to consider buying another one when the batteries fail 'cause batteries are so danged expensive by themselves.

Reviews for the Ridgid aren't as good though. I have had two DeWalt portable drills, and both were solid.

I've been using Milwaukee for years and they're great. Just burned up my drill tho, work should pay to repair it..we'll see.
I've heard that Rigid is Home Depots house brand so I'm not sure but I think it's a tier below DeWalt and Milwaukee. Def lithium ion. I've had DeWalt before and they're great too.

Pretty much Milwaukee and DeWalt are the two top brands then it drops down from there.

I use mine every day. The impact driver is the shizzz. Use it more than anything. I couldn't get anything vdone without them so I have to have the best. If its for home use, you'll probably be fine with rigid. I think they may be at or near the top of 2nd tier tools.

Maybe like Lamborghini or corvette... I'd take a vette all day long!

Well...just got a PS4, omw home to set it up.

It's been nice talking to all you folks, guess I'll see you all in a few weeks!

Dawson...I'll hit ya up once I get settled in.

I'd reccomended milwaukee, I e had good experience with them.

in other news, just saw the new star wars, and I honestly think that it's one of the best movies I've ever seen

The Milwaukee stuff all moved to China with a commensurate drop in perceived quality. I always wanted a Magnum Hole Shooter, but gave that fantasy up.

I have a corded Metabo that will blow your mind and break your wrists if you're not careful.

I've been using Milwaukee for years and they're great. Just burned up my drill tho, work should pay to repair it..we'll see.
I've heard that Rigid is Home Depots house brand so I'm not sure but I think it's a tier below DeWalt and Milwaukee. Def lithium ion. I've had DeWalt before and they're great too.

Pretty much Milwaukee and DeWalt are the two top brands then it drops down from there.

I use mine every day. The impact driver is the shizzz. Use it more than anything. I couldn't get anything vdone without them so I have to have the best. If its for home use, you'll probably be fine with rigid. I think they may be at or near the top of 2nd tier tools.

Maybe like Lamborghini or corvette... I'd take a vette all day long!

I've got a corded Milwaukee I've been using for 20 years. Good stuff!

I had a used 12V DeWalt drill that the batteries died on, so last year I got a DeWalt 20V hammer drill at the big blue store. Came as a set with the impact driver which is my most used power tool now. Also managed to catch the 20V reciprocating saw on sale a month later, so I've got three of them and two batteries. I've always had one fully charged battery even when spending the day working on a shed or building beehives. Lithium ion and 20V has made me very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back