Snarkabilly Old Time Jug Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute pup, Derek!

Damn - That sounds like fun!

It ought to be pretty cool, gonna see if I can live off of alcohol for about 5 days. Lol. However, I will have to work the booth at the show during the day. But damn man, having a lot of fun with this new means of employment......... plus, I've never been to Texas. To be able to go for free AND get paid. Huh, no brainer!

Im assuming you got a good deal on it since its dead? You know, the puppies that are alive are more fun. Especially while playing fetch. With a dead puppy, you got to throw the ball, then the puppy, then you gotta go get both of them yourself. Much easier with a live dog. Damn dude, your stupid! :D

Like that song I used to hear on the Dr. Demento show: "Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun". Seriously, it's a real song.

How was the trip?
Is it as wierd over there as everyone says? :D

Yes. He's not the one to judge, being from the left coast and all. But I was in downtown Boston today, and they have the most eclectic sort of melting pot weirdness you'll ever see. I wish I coulda got pictures, but it was just coming at me too fast. And in Boston, you really have to pay attention to driving...'cause almost no one else is!

Any of you guys on here live in the Dallas Texas area? I'm leaving this coming Tuesday and will be in Dallas for the big truck show till Sunday. Going with my buddy I subcontract work for to help him run his booth. Drivin a couple of his hot rod Peterbilts down there for the show as well. Anybody in the area wanna come in and say hi or grab a beer that would be cool.

which route you taking down there? according to google maps, shortest distance takes 13.5 hours. Taking a longer route - past my place, for example, where you would get fed, beered, and have a free bed to sleep in, takes a shade under 16.5 hours...

which route you taking down there? according to google maps, shortest distance takes 13.5 hours. Taking a longer route - past my place, for example, where you would get fed, beered, and have a free bed to sleep in, takes a shade under 16.5 hours...

If it where up to me I would definitely take you up on that. However, there's 4 of us going, where driving two fully loaded show trucks so not only would we run into parking issues, but since I'm traveling with "hardcore truckers" I think there plan is to drive straight through. We have to have our booth set up Wednesday, and where not leaving till Tuesday afternoon.

Hey Todd, I'm in Dallas but working a double on Sunday. Where are y'all staying? Maybe I can buy you a beer and grab something to eat Saturday night.

Gotta get ready for work. I'll check in later.

Any of you guys on here live in the Dallas Texas area? I'm leaving this coming Tuesday and will be in Dallas for the big truck show till Sunday. Going with my buddy I subcontract work for to help him run his booth. Drivin a couple of his hot rod Peterbilts down there for the show as well. Anybody in the area wanna come in and say hi or grab a beer that would be cool.

Have fun!! Along with attending Blade, the Great American Trucking Show is also on my list to go to at least once in my life.

In completely other news, I recently learned about something called The Ice Bucket Challenge. As I understand, it just means some maroon posts a video of him/herself dumping a 5-gallon bucket of ice-water over his/her head, and then challenges colleagues and clients to do the same and/or cough up some cash for a charitable cause. Then the folks who got called out get to challenge other folks, and on it goes... good clean fun.

It's a very silly thing to do, but the idea is to raise awareness for people or research that could use some help. So that's actually not silly at all.

Consider this post "fair warning", Beckerheads.

:)

Thought I share this here, my sister works as a council aid in Tulsa and she quitting her job later this month to attend law school, well tonight was her last council meeting as a city employe so they called her up and presented her with a key to the city in recognition for all the work she's done over the past few years.

Like that song I used to hear on the Dr. Demento show: "Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun". Seriously, it's a real song.

I believe it's on the same album as 'Moist Towelette'.

Yes. He's not the one to judge, being from the left coast and all. But I was in downtown Boston today, and they have the most eclectic sort of melting pot weirdness you'll ever see. I wish I coulda got pictures, but it was just coming at me too fast. And in Boston, you really have to pay attention to driving...'cause almost no one else is!

Bahstahn has nothing on NYC. Except bad drivers. See, in Beantown the psychotic drivers are native. In NYC they import their crappy psycho compensating-for-something (for not living in NYC) drivers from Jersey.

In completely other news, I recently learned about something called The Ice Bucket Challenge. As I understand, it

If I feared you were in striking distance I'd pay you that $5 donation to NOT pour ice water on my head.

Worst Chicken Fried Steak ever.

I looked at the picture and said to myself..."Self, what the hell is that?" Then I asked my wife "Do you think that's a chicken fried steak?" She replied "Looks dubious..."

BTW, good luck tomorrow, WW!
Show 'em Beckerheads chop ass! (er... yeah.)

don't forget to pack your biru. ;)

I looked at the picture and said to myself..."Self, what the hell is that?" Then I asked my wife "Do you think that's a chicken fried steak?" She replied "Looks dubious..."

"Dubious" is far too generous. I should have eaten the tray.

Sadly it looked like a promising place - and it was recommended by the girl at the counter. Fortunately I don't come here often, and there are plenty of other places to eat.

Last edited:
Good luck WW

Thanks bro!!

Thought I share this here, my sister works as a council aid in Tulsa and she quitting her job later this month to attend law school, well tonight was her last council meeting as a city employe so they called her up and presented her with a key to the city in recognition for all the work she's done over the past few years.

Thats awesome bud, congrats to her!!

BTW, good luck tomorrow, WW!
Show 'em Beckerheads chop ass! (er... yeah.)

don't forget to pack your biru. ;)

Thanks bud!!

And the biru is already in the bag :D Never know when a beer will present itself LMAO

Im also taking the 3V chopper from Crimson, my bk24 setup, and Dan will be giving me back my comp cutter and chopweiler there. :D

If I feared you were in striking distance I'd pay you that $5 donation to NOT pour ice water on my head.

My friend, I suspect you misunderstand. The point is to subject oneself to the pouring of the icewater. No aggression involved. Totally voluntary. :thumbup:

I know that like me a goodly number of you folks are into packs and bags, but there is also a goodly number not quite happy with the modern "tactical" options. While these are not exactly my cup of tea I thought there might be someone here that might be interested.

918uEjGsZYL._UY575_.jpg

91U8bOhzm9L._UY575_.jpg

811tihEhUOL._UY575_.jpg

81%2B6Mr05PrL._UX522_.jpg

71ctsGK5kTL._UY679_.jpg

71M%2Bdm27sWL._UY679_.jpg

Men's canvas pack as the search terms at that river store will yield the info you want if you are interested.

The top one looks to be about the perfect size to carry a bottle of your favorite moscato and a chihuahua over to your boyfriend's house...

That second one would be kind of badass if it was all in leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back