Snarking at the speed of sludge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
incoming. I hope your offered rum ration is better than the last place.

I don't know doodly about rum; this is bourbon country, son. However, I'm vaguely familiar with the concepts of sodomy and the lash (only by reading/hearing about them, of course)... that may interest you. I'll leave that procedure to First Mate Murph...

snark.

[video=youtube;MQax3M5-hSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQax3M5-hSc[/video]

“In an insane world a sane man must appear insane.”

Wait... what now? :confused: ;)

I know I've posted such manipulations before, but I like this effect:

We need to talk.

For the record, it is properly "bated breath" (a contraction of "abated breath")...

You are correct, sir. Even though I know better, I typed "baited" on purpose, as a clumsy reference to smelly fish and a snarky back-handed comment on those poor souls who might be afflicted with such. It was funny inside my head... :eek:

Also, I was hoping to draw out obnoxious grammar/vocabulary-police who would notice the difference... congrats! You win! :p :thumbup:

You are correct, sir. Even though I know better, I typed "baited" on purpose, as a clumsy reference to smelly fish and a snarky back-handed comment on those poor souls who might be afflicted with such. It was funny inside my head... :eek:

Also, I was hoping to draw out obnoxious grammar/vocabulary-police who would notice the difference... congrats! You win! :p :thumbup:

I figgered datz wut u wuz doin. Hoo els spels "bated" as "baited" unles dey funnin witchu? I iz jest glad datju didint ketch me owt wit dat grammer cop sheet!

Today was the end of my first full week at work. This is the first time I've worked a full time job since 2001. So I had to celebrate... I think I did a respectively decent job of it...

10635830_10154701266355462_2485379636994415394_n.jpg

Most states (not all) have a state song but how many states have an official state flower song, as well? :D:D:D

The Texas State Flower Song

Bluebonnets

words and music by Julia D. Booth and Lora C. Crockett

When the pastures are green in the springtime
And the birds are singing their sonnets,
You may look to the hills and the valleys
And they’re covered with lovely Bluebonnets.

Blue is the emblem of loyalty,
They’re as blue as the deep, deep sea,
Their smiling faces bring gladness,
For they bloom for you and for me.

Bluebonnets, so gorgeous and stately,
In your mantle of blue and of green,
In the spring when you’re in your full glory,
You’re the loveliest sight ever seen.

You’re beautiful when you sway in the sunshine,
You look like waves of the sea,
Ah, Texas was wise in her choice of a flow’r,
So we offer our homage to thee.

Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,
And we love you best, Bluebonnets.

Adoption of the State Song

The bluebonnet was the state flower but, in 1929, the Texas Legislature adopted an official state song that doesn't even mention this important symbol of The Lone Star State. It is not certain if this omission was their inspiration but, in Chappell Hill, two women wrote a song called "Bluebonnets".

Julia D. Booth wrote the lyrics for a song composed by her friend and piano teacher Lora C. Crockett.

Taking the "Bluebonnets" by the horns, these two women from Chappell Hill, along with Alice C. Routt, headed to Austin with a copy of their song.

On February 8, 1933, State Representative R.A. Fuchs of Brenham introduced House Concurrent Resolution No. 24 proposing that "Bluebonnets" be named the Texas state flower song. To sweeten the pot, the Texas lawmakers were then treated to a rendition of this "beautiful song" by Alice Routt.

House Concurrent Resolution No. 24 was passed by the Regular Session of the 43rd Legislature and Texas added a second official element to their bluebonnet legacy.

Since 1933, Texas has added another variety of bluebonnet as official flower and adopted an official Texas bluebonnet tartan. Ennis has become the official bluebonnet city and home to the official bluebonnet trail. In 1997 the Chappell Hill (population about 600) Bluebonnet Festival was named the official state bluebonnet festival.

Texas Code

Like most of the other Texas symbols, the official Texas state flower song was approved by Resolution and is, therefore, not listed in the Texas Code.

You did notice that I gave credit to the nautical/pirate theme, did you not? I suspected you might have used the incorrect spelling on purpose but had to lure you into fessing up...

edit: And I did think that it was clever... :thumbup:

Just finished watching Sabotage with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Brutal movie. Funny thing, the wife rented it out tonight, haha. She had no idea it was that kind of movie.

mmmmm....SNBC Coffee Stout.

14999910773_b21da4e16b_b.jpg

Oh yeah......I finally had it with the polishing and epoxied the scales on the 7 project. Now I am sad faced :( waiting until tomorrow for it to cure.....

Parts all RTA:

15432897839_8d3fdbb8e8_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back