Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have kept the ammonium nitrate for fertilizer, but it was contaminated with arsenic and DDT. There was only about 100# of it - 1 full sack and a deteriorated sack. It was left over from when my grandfather used it to blow up large tree stumps back in the day... when you could just walk in to a hardware store and walk out with a box of blasting caps.

Back when no one had big bulldozers, they would take a brace & bit, drill several 1" to 1-1/2" holes into the stump, tightly pack the holes with the NH4NO3, pour diesel into the holes several times to soak it well, repack it tight, stick a blasting cap in each hole, then run the wires back A VERY LONG way, hook it to a detonator and "boom", tooth picks everywhere. It was a lot easier to shovel dirt back in a hole than it was to dig the stump out by hand.

How many kids can say they got to blow up tree stumps as a 6 y.o? :D:D
Somewhere I have a picture of me doing just that. I was clearing out some old sour orange trees. I gotta find that picture!!!!

Good morning, folks.

I just wanted to allay any fears (if there were any), I am not selling all my Beckers off, only a fraction of them. I am, and always will be, a Beckerhead. I just was moving duplicates and a couple of knives that no longer fill a certain niche.

Hot Damn I got my Armor Support Back. Thanks Brother Dubz. The Warrior The Warrior took it upon himself to hook me up with a sweet variety of Tank Sigs after my original one he made me a couple of years ago got corrupted. I'm back in the fight. Thanks Much Brotha
That's a tankasaurus rex. Need to shrink it up a bit.

I chose to use this one because it matches my first track. OD Green 105mm main gun. We removed and then later modified the rear mud skirts by cutting them. That modification later became standard production.
They were all the same tank, just different flags over them. Yup, OD, my fav.

went to KC to see Godzilla yesterday.
skirted the edge of the storm on the way home.
Round 2 hit about the time we went to bed -- 2.75" more rain overnight and more to come this afternoon.

Round 2 hit about the time we went to bed -- 2.75" more rain overnight and more to come this afternoon.
Been getting hit pretty hard ourselves. Roofers were supposed to start the new roof 2 weeks ago. They need 2 days, and can't get it without rain in the forecast.

We saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

This weather has been CRAZY this year.

we officially had over a foot of rain in May and unofficially, close to half that in the past week.

I drive over the Kansas River almost every day and Wednesday is was almost back down to normal -- this afternoon it was up at least 3' again.

Almost all the rivers around here are dry as a bone, until a flash flood comes raging. :confused:
Ain't gonna be anymore flash floods this year, methinks. Summer is upon us.

You guys see this...
bCHNqKo.jpg

XyDHCKP.jpg

KA-BAR John Ek Commando Ek Limited Edition Model 5 Navy Reproduction Knife
Only 50 made. $224.99

Available now on one website.

Specifications

• Blade Length: 6.875"
    • Cutting Edge: 6.125"
    • Blade Thickness: 0.130"
    • Handle Length: 5.25"
    • Overall Length: 12.125"