Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great Molokai!! Hahaha, caught it on camera, too! :D
That fills in the picture. When I first read your previous post I imagined a single occupant, almost decorative size birdhouse. And that led me to think, "man that had to be a TINY pool."
I can be a bit on the vague side. o_O
Tore the last of the old sheeting off the west side of it tonight. That sucker was eaten to within a hair of the surface by termites.

And wind warnings for the next 2 days. If you know the Santana's, you know to pack chapstick tomorrow and Friday. Hot, dry, desert wind, it will have you fit to be kiting out to sea! :eek:

Gonna squeeze in some time on the forge shed before dark. The old roof is gone, cleaning up and organizing thoughts and new roof plans.

I discovered Kraken Dark Roast today -- 33.3% ABV coffee infused dark rum...........
Probably wouldn't care for it much. Not a coffee fan here. The wife may like it though.

Summer came back in it's 92 degree glory.

If life lines up just so, I might get to do a few nights of camping next weekend. Weather app says it might even be cool. Hard to believe it as I'm sweating up a storm and doing some chores.

Edit - checked to make sure I had my info right. Nope. It's actually 93. And the weather app says it "feels like" 99. You gotta love humidity. Or not.

Same here, heating back up to the mid nineties first half of the week. It's been warming up since Friday.
I was fitting up some metal work this afternoon outside. Not too bad when I am the one calling all the shots at home. During the week, I am trying to please someone or another while working iron, it can get frustrating.

From the demolition phase.
VkQ0wcS.jpg

It's time to interface between the old, but usable posts and what I hope will be the new forge roof.
WhgRoKd.jpg

xv0qns6.jpg

7B4DA7A7-1377-473B-9C5A-7D2FF9D3EDC2.jpeg A few years ago the island caught fire. Being that it’s only seven miles wide there were not a lot of options to escape the flames and especially the smoke.

It was pretty humbling. Here’s a pic that was taken from the wharf. Luckily it was far enough away that you could breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back