So long, and thanks for all the pics

a bladesmith who I know benefited greatly from that thread is going to try and help reboot Wheeler's Steel. Seems poetic

If there is any small thing I can do to help as well please let me know. It has greatly benefited myself as well. :thumbsup:

~Paul
My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

FYI: I did a quick search and there are many URL to PDF converters. (Adobe is one).

They charge a fee for more options, but I quickly used a free version for a VERY acceptable conversion of pages (1) and (2) of Lorien's and Nick's thread linked above. It took about a 30 seconds for each page.

http://pdfmyurl.com/

Each pages was about 15mb in size. One could store them on a Google Drive.

For those who want it as a library reference (and printable), go for it.

EDIT: Better method explained next post below...

Last edited:
Coop, If you're using google Chrome, just hit "CTRL+P (or print) and change your printer to "Save as PDF" and press save. No strings attached and nothing to download.

You have to do that to each page, but IMHO it's definitely worth the time. This is how I did it yesterday and it took me about an hour, although my internet on my laptop isn't the fastest so most of the time was spent letting the pages fully load, which I later found you don't even have to do.. oh well lol

~Paul
My YT Channel
Lsubslimed

... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Last edited:
Hey Paul.... GREAT tip. :thumbsup:

Worked easier and at my own controls. I could change the width of my browser and customize it.

Thank you.

PhotoBucket sucks! Its only ever been cumbersome to use and it crashed all the time - now this!

All those great knife pics lost - what a shame.

I switched to imgur and that is a breeze to use. It works.

Bladescout

Having issues with Imgur

Any tips

When I hit share and copy link it does not post pic just link

Thoughts ?

On my phone - 'Share direct link' - Copy to folder (pops up) - insert in the BF field.

PC: When I grab a pic and want to post it from imgur: Direct link - copy.

Punch the image icon in the BF post - right mouse click - insert.

Image icon - this is the one you want:

DWEuorH.png

You're done.

Hope this helps.

q4nhl7C.jpg

Last edited:
Bladescout

Having issues with Imgur

Any tips

When I hit share and copy link it does not post pic just link

Thoughts ?
are you using a desk top computer, Joe?

Joe, you can also just right click on the image, open image in new tab, copy that URL and past it in the Image button on Blade forums. That little picture frame next to the smiley face. : )

DOUbH2O.jpg

On my phone - 'Share direct link' - Copy to folder (pops up) - insert in the BF field.

PC: When I grab a pic and want to post it from imgur: Direct link - copy.

Punch the image icon in the BF post - right mouse click - insert.

Image icon - this is the one you want:

DWEuorH.png

You're done.

Hope this helps.

q4nhl7C.jpg
(?[-

Thank you I’ll try again

That is what I was doing but just the link pops up no pic once I post

Joe, you can also just right click on the image, open image in new tab, copy that URL and past it in the Image button on Blade forums. That little picture frame next to the smiley face. : )

DOUbH2O.jpg

No right click on I pad buddy :)

Yahtzee :)

Thank you All for the help

Did I spell Yahtzee wrong ? :)

On a sad note I have decided to let photobucket go also which is going to take away so many great old threads .. sucks they did this

I would of gladly paid them a reasonable amount but I do think the 400 bucks is excessive

I already paid them under 100 to store thousand of pics so o will still have to pay them something or lose all of that

If they just would of priced it a little more reasonable

Thanks again

Next question :)

Is there a way to upload them to Imgur but not post them on there ?

Next question :)

Is there a way to upload them to Imgur but not post them on there ?

When you make a post, it defaults to Public, but there's a selection for Hidden available. Hidden still allows linking too.

Glad yer up and running!

Back