"Social guns" uses and opinions.

Just get a ruger 10/22, there fun as hell to upgrade parts....
and once your done you will have a custom to you specs that won't brake the bank

Mini 14 is sweet, but so is the AR....

1. an ak would serve you better than a mini....they are not known as accuate...

Lol which are you referring to with the inaccuracy statement? In my experiences back in the day The AK models weren't so accurate as reliable. On the family farm I shot rabbits at 80 meters with my old mini-14 and deer at 100 meters with iron sights. Something I would have never tried with my Romanian AK (which became part of a trade for a '79 F-250 4x4 2 months after I bought it). I like the versatility of the .223 round. I also like the .30 carbine for it's versatility and mags are available from 5 rnds to 30. I don't do auto loaders these days but the rolling bolt design was always my favorite.

Besides if Mike doesn't want the cops finding an AR in his truck I don't think an AK is the right alternative.

The Remington 7400 is a nice "social" rifle, Browning makes some nice ones too.

As far as the lack accuracy of the older mini 14, it can be fixed by installing a barrel stabilizer, such as the mo-rod or the har bar. They do work pretty darn good. The reliability factor is why I love mine so much. You can throw it in a mud puddle or drop it in a pile of sand, pick it up and it will still shoot everytime. I like the ar platform, they are just a bit to finicky for me.

Back