SOG Gov-Tac question and photos.

itseasy...

please send the knife back to us. I do not know why they have not contacted you yet. I will look into this. What email address did you use?

When you ship the knife back please place a note in the box about the problem and if let them know that I had suggested you send the knife in. If you can try to send it so that you can track the package and insured, this helps in case the knife never shows up at SOG. Which can happen. Please see our warranty page on the website for more information and our mailing address. The warranty page is here (http://www.sogknives.com/service/warranty/).

I used my hotmail address. It should arrived, I didn't get a failure message. But maybe there was another fault. But that doesn't matter anymore cause I can send it now. I’ve also posted the mail I’ve send on this thread.

I will send the knife to the address that I see on the warranty page.
I will put a note in the box about what you suggested and the link to this thread. Then they can read the whole story, I will also write a short letter about the problem.

I will let you know on this thread when I've send it. I try to do it today.

Thanks!

I have just send the package with International Package Plus Priority. It is insured. Tracing is not available, but can be done by TNT POST when the package is gone.
It should arrive in 4-6 days.

Please let me know when SOG has inspected the knife on this thread if that's possible.
I would like to know what will happen with it.

Thanks.

SOG has indeed good customer service,and Chris did always answer any questions I might have.

AYUP! many years ago i broke a SOG powerplier (the tip of the pliers) while wrenching on a nut on the engine while in the woods. I squeezed and twisted way too hard and wrenched that nut off, but the tip broke

SOG not only replaced the pliers, they sharpended the big blade/little blade and oiled the pivots.

+1

I've just send this mail to SOG Warranty:

' Dear sir/madam,

I have send my knife (GOV-TAC) to you on 06-17th. I would like to know the status of the process. I hope that you have read the letter and maybe the bladeforums site link that I have given in the letter. The knife should be there, cause I have send it with the priority mail which has a maximum of 6 days.

I hope you can check it out for me cause I did not hear a thing for a month now and I miss my knife.

Thank you in advance,

William '

I hope that I will hear something. I did put my address with it so they know who I am.

William

I found out yesterday that we did in fact get your knife. our warranty department is taking care of it and if I find out anything I'll let you know.

I feel sorry that you have to answer all my questions everytime, but I have to ask it here cause the email doesn't work strange enough. Atleast I didn't get any mails. Maybe SOG has a hotmail email filter orso cause I've never had problems with mailing to US email addresses.

I really appreciate it that you said that I could send the knife in and that SOG is taking care of it right now. I will just wait and ask again here over a week orso for any news. Thanks.

Thanks Chris, btw I just saw that I had a mail from SOG Retail Sales & Customer Service:

Hello Willem,

Your Gov-TAC repair shipped out via Priority Mail on Monday 7-7-08.

Regards,

Jose Lopez
Retail Sales & Customer Service
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools
6521 212th St SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
1-888-405-6433 ext 240
1-425-771-6230 ext 240

I will make some photos and say something about the repair when I have my knife, thanks SOG!

Has any one else had one break? I was going to get one for digging arrows out of wood.
Not sure I will now.......

Has any one else had one break? I was going to get one for digging arrows out of wood.
Not sure I will now.......

I'm pretty sure it's just an isolated incident. The Gov-Tacs are pretty solid knives. Haven't heard of any problems prior to this

I've just send a mail to retail (reply on my mail that I received earlier from Jose) for the tracking number of the package. I think that the knife lays by customs but with the number I can check where it is.

It must be their because normally a package is delivered within 10 days but now it takes over 20 days. I've had it before with a package, some cd's were 3-4 weeks by customs.

So it's not that I forget about writing something and make a new picture but as soon as I received it then I will make some pictures and I will say something over the repair.

I really hate customs, I miss my GOV-TAC. After all, it is one of the best looking fixed blades IMO. It has the blade shape and overall look that I like. Hope I will have it back soon. I wonder how much shorter it will be.

Back