Some SAK love

2FNVG83.jpg

Love my SAKs. Put titanium plus scales on this camper.

You don't hear about this one much from me. I guess I just take it for granted. My mother purchased this Cybertool 34 for me back in 2000, when they first hit the market. It was a gift to celebrate getting my first professional IT job, the same position that I still currently hold. This Cybertool has sat at my desk with me for almost 20 years years, being used for odd jobs every single day. The only thing that's ever been lost on it is a philips head bit, which was promptly replaced. All the other parts are still with it. With a little luck, I'll bring it home with me ten years from now, when we both retire. To say that is knife has been invaluable to me would be a gross understatement. It's been a career long companion.

oFDgMKch.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oFDgMKch.jpg
Very nice and meaningful post Buzz. I always appreciate your attention to detail in a knife and in context thereof. Sweet and very cool. Cheers, and here's to retirement in a few years.

8YhV8H5.jpg

Three Spartans, one Camper, one Ranger and two Classics. I gave the blue one to my daughter and the translucent ruby Ranger to my son. I'm gonna put plus scales on one of the Spartans to give to my brother. He was impressed when he saw the ball point pen that fits into the plus scales. I "need" an alox to round off my collection. I'm sure my wife would agree:)

I just received an email stating that I need to return the second knife or I will be charged for it. I'll probably keep it.
Mike
Yeah, keep it. You'll be glad to have the spare or someone else will love it and you can gift it. Plus, they already gave you $5, right?

Zieg

Same goes for my OHO Trekker, right? (Just confirming)

Zieg
*The best I can tell the Trekker has a backspring like a slip joint and a lock similar to a Russlock.
*The hole is reminiscent of a Spyderco hole or a Scagel hole. I don't think we have a problem with the hole on this particular knife, since it is a slip joint and not an open frame knife like a Spyderco.
*The lock is similar to what was used on older TL-29s and the Case Russlock. It's not quite a Walker liner lock.
*I don't see a pocket clip, which is always a deal breaker.

I don't have a problem with this knife and if I saw it in the "What are you carrying today" thread, I wouldn't question it. Frank (@knarfeng ) might feel differently. Hope that helps.

Posted this pic in the "multi-tool" thread but, I like my small Tinker so much :eek:;) I though y'all wouldn't mind it being shown here as well, cuz... Vics Rule!:) I know they do, because whenever I perform that little mental excersize, "What knife would I keep if I could only have one.", I most often decide it would be a SAK.

jKtytJG.jpg

I don't believe I've shown any of these before, but I have the complete set of the Limited Edition Alox Cadets. The first one was the 2015, but because it's box and product number are slightly different from the subsequent four (2016 - 2019), I don't think they were planning a series, but they were popular enough that they did continue it. Their numbers and colors are:

2015 #0.2601.L15US2 Steel Blue
2016 #0.2601.L16 Orchid
2017 #0.2601.L17 Olive Green
2018 #0.2601.L18 Berry Red
2019 #0.2601.L19 Champagne Gold

EOF8JVT.jpg

A whole box of SAKs.

ov2JSEnh.jpg

This is my latest favorite, the “SwissTank”. A 1991 SwissChamp. Old glass magnifier with nylon housing. Long inline Phillips screwdriver. Case hardened file. Screw-together scissors. Thick tang main blade. I decked it out with olive green G-10 covers from Swiss Bianco, and hand sanded them down to the shape of old cellidor scales. Kind of military looking now, and pretty much completely DEET resistant for use in the Adirondacks. I’m all about the SwissChamp lately.

6sDwdSNh.jpg

2M1EV3Th.jpg

When it was announced that Wenger was going to be absorbed by Victorinox, I made it a point to pick up a couple of their knives. Since they were discontinued, they got set aside and other SAKs were used as needed. Recently, I couldn't resist carrying this one any longer and discovered it's about as good as it gets for EDC. :thumbsup::thumbsup: The 3 layers are ultra comfortable to use in the 84mm length. Broad in hand for a good grip but in that length quite light in the pocket. Plus, they have scissors!! :cool:

Wenger EVO 16
j9yph4b.jpg

Back