Some SAK love

Just finished refurbing my 20+ year old Classic SD. Old scales were cracked and falling apart. Gave it a good cleaning and polished the main blade back to like new condition then ran it over my ceramic sharpening rod to bring back to stupid sharp condition . Love this itsy bitsy multi-tool knife.
IMG_2187.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Just finished refurbing my 20+ year old Classic SD. Old scales were cracked and falling apart. Gave it a good cleaning and polished the main blade back to like new condition then ran it over my ceramic sharpening rod to bring back to stupid sharp condition . Love this itsy bitsy multi-tool knife.
View attachment 1283552

Ironic you post this Bill, I have been on a SAK kick of late and mostly refurbing Classic's and giving them to friends and customers in our store. I clean, sharpen and oil them up, put little leather rope fobs on them and give em away. EVERYONE seems pumped to get one:thumbsup: You did a bang up job on your's. I love the little things:):):) I'll post some pic's later on:thumbsup:

Ironic you post this Bill, I have been on a SAK kick of late and mostly refurbing Classic's and giving them to friends and customers in our store. I clean, sharpen and oil them up, put little leather rope fobs on them and give em away. EVERYONE seems pumped to get one:thumbsup: You did a bang up job on your's. I love the little things:):):) I'll post some pic's later on:thumbsup:
Hi Paul - Mine was a give-away at a National Sales Meeting for our sales team. I bought a thousand of them, put our logo on them, for about 8 bucks apiece and handed them out. Over the years I have kept getting positive comments from those people about how much they enjoy this little gem of a knife. I also own a Pioneer X in like-new condition that I picked up n "Evil Bay" for 25 bucks. Love it too. Like you , I'm on the SAK kick. I've ordered a Compact Mod from Australia that will have Titanium scales and liners. Will only have the main blade, combiner's tool scissors and awl (two layer knife). Looking forward to receiving it soon.

Last edited:
Hi Paul - Mine was a give-away at a National Sales Meeting for our sales team. I bought a thousand of them for about 8 bucks apiece and handed them out. Over the years I have kept getting positive comments from those people about how much they enjoy this little gem of a knife. I also own a Pioneer X in like-new condition that I picked up n "Evil Bay" for 25 bucks. Love it too. Like you , I'm on the SAK kick. I've ordered a Compact Mod from Australia that will have Titanium scales and liners. Will only have the main blade, combiner's tool scissors and awl (two layer knife). Looking forward to receiving it soon.

Again, Irony Bill, the Clover Classic is from late 80's, early 90's as they were gifts I gave out to our store emploee's:thumbsup: I gave one to my dad as well, I wonder if he still has it? The other ones pictured are new arrivals, I buy them on the cheap from the bay, they're TSA confiscations. The red one is a Classic Bijoi which is a model I had never heard of before? it has no split ring on it and it sports the old file. It has a neat "Amoco" logo on the backside. I'm waiting on a replacement spring for the scissors:thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing your new arrivals:thumbsup:

Tg52MK.jpg

Again, Irony Bill, the Clover Classic is from late 80's, early 90's as they were gifts I gave out to our store emploee's:thumbsup: I gave one to my dad as well, I wonder if he still has it? The other ones pictured are new arrivals, I buy them on the cheap from the bay, they're TSA confiscations. The red one is a Classic Bijoi which is a model I had never heard of before? it has no split ring on it and it sports the old file. It has a neat "Amoco" logo on the backside. I'm waiting on a replacement spring for the scissors:thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing your new arrivals:thumbsup:

Tg52MK.jpg
Love the rope leather lanyards. I use old zipper pulls that I have rescued from discarded luggage, etc.:D:D:D

Well, since you guys are bringing out the big guns with the little classics....:D
Two of the USMC classics I picked up at Camp Pendleton in the early 90’s. Gave one to Dad and it looks like he actually used it because somehow one of the springs is broken. I have never seen another one until surfing the bay one day and picked it up.

ACD88-A80-5-F1-E-4024-9421-F8-C72-F99-E18-A.jpg

I have one on my fly fishing vest, in each vehicle, one on the keys I take to work, and a couple others I’ll toss on the key ring for what ever personal vehicle I’m driving. They aren’t always the first knife I grab to do something, but when you use them they sure are handy.

3-B03-ADD6-969-D-4-D42-BFB3-3-F31-B7-A09751.jpg

SAK Hiker with:
  • Daily Custom Brass 91.2+ scales
  • Maverick Workshop brass suppressor bead
  • MXG Ti Bronze Anodised pocket clip
45uJ3vj.jpg

kBmJdJL.jpg

STUNNING:cool::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Well, since you guys are bringing out the big guns with the little classics....:D
Two of the USMC classics I picked up at Camp Pendleton in the early 90’s. Gave one to Dad and it looks like he actually used it because somehow one of the springs is broken. I have never seen another one until surfing the bay one day and picked it up.

ACD88-A80-5-F1-E-4024-9421-F8-C72-F99-E18-A.jpg

I have one on my fly fishing vest, in each vehicle, one on the keys I take to work, and a couple others I’ll toss on the key ring for what ever personal vehicle I’m driving. They aren’t always the first knife I grab to do something, but when you use them they sure are handy.

3-B03-ADD6-969-D-4-D42-BFB3-3-F31-B7-A09751.jpg

I just came across those for the armed service myself. A classic on almost every key chain we own:cool:;)
D8Ygvw.jpg

Here's my wife on the register at our store.
sjBATr.jpg

Man, they're like Gremlins, they'll all over the place!!!

Last edited:
SAK Hiker with:
  • Daily Custom Brass 91.2+ scales
  • Maverick Workshop brass suppressor bead
  • MXG Ti Bronze Anodised pocket clip
45uJ3vj.jpg

kBmJdJL.jpg
Fantastic mod!!!! Nicest custom SAK I've ever seen. The Hiker is a favorite of mine and you even have the plus scales, well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here’s an old Bijou Classic, older file, slotted screw scissors and nickel silver tip tweezers. I like the old AMOCO logo on the back as well. It has the older VICTORIA tang stamp with crossbow.
qLkzz4.jpg

uDwz9R.jpg
Cool Bijou Paul! :cool: The older Vics have a file that actually works and I love the no writing logo. Interesting find my friend.

Thank you James
Fantastic mod!!!! Nicest custom SAK I've ever seen. The Hiker is a favorite of mine and you even have the plus scales, well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool Bijou Paul! :cool: The older Vics have a file that actually works and I love the no writing logo. Interesting find my friend.
Thank you James. Funny thing this knife hobby of ours. I go through many stages and of late I am deep into Swiss Army Knives. I love the diversity:thumbsup:

Thank you James

Thank you James. Funny thing this knife hobby of ours. I go through many stages and of late I am deep into Swiss Army Knives. I love the diversity:thumbsup:
Very apropos to my situation. I had a nice collection of rather nice GEC, S&W, Queen, BullDog, Case, etc knives. Recent illness compelled me to sell off almost everything I had. However, I kept the SAK knives as they weren't really all that costly and I actually use most of them....which got me thinking. So now I have purchased a few more and refurbed my Classic and I have become even more enamored and intrigued by SAKs. No compunction at all about carrying them/using them. The things I like most about the knives is how they feel in hand to me, usefulness, the build quality and they are corrosion free and some of the mods I've seen are very cool. I guess I'm just going through one of those "stages" that you mentioned.

Very apropos to my situation. I had a nice collection of rather nice GEC, S&W, Queen, BullDog, Case, etc knives. Recent illness compelled me to sell off almost everything I had. However, I kept the SAK knives as they weren't really all that costly and I actually use most of them....which got me thinking. So now I have purchased a few more and refurbed my Classic and I have become even more enamored and intrigued by SAKs. No compunction at all about carrying them/using them. The things I like most about the knives is how they feel in hand to me, usefulness, the build quality and they are corrosion free and some of the mods I've seen are very cool. I guess I'm just going through one of those "stages" that you mentioned.

I started out a few years ago collecting Case only. Last year I changed to GEC. This year, while I still purchased a couple of GEC knives, I've bought a number of Alox SAKs and a Buck folder. I really appreciate the price, the feel, the features, and not having to purchase in a mad scramble! Even the 2019 Limited Edition Pioneer I received only cost $50 so ( like you said ) I don't mind tossing it in my pocket expecting to use it without fear. Plus it's a good looking knife!

zUyeOoN.jpg

I started out a few years ago collecting Case only. Last year I changed to GEC. This year, while I still purchased a couple of GEC knives, I've bought a number of Alox SAKs and a Buck folder. I really appreciate the price, the feel, the features, and not having to purchase in a mad scramble! Even the 2019 Limited Edition Pioneer I received only cost $50 so ( like you said ) I don't mind tossing it in my pocket expecting to use it without fear. Plus it's a good looking knife!

zUyeOoN.jpg
Very fetching knife.

Back