Spear-Carriers!

Small Spear
Zp9AqRk.jpg

This wood handled scout has a nice thin spear blade. I found this one for sale last year and purchased it because it had the etch from my area council when I was a scout back in the early 70's. I made the pocket sheath and gave it to my Scoutmaster back in Dec. when we got together for a visit along with 2 of my brothers who were also scouts.
Blade action and snap were excellent on all the blades, would love to have another for my own collection.:)

View attachment 1380049

Spear Point is one of my longest carried blades. I've had a 4 blade Scout/Camp/GI Utility/Demo knife in my pocket every day 24/7 (including school days, church days, and my wedding day) since roughly 1961 or 1962. (I didn't have it in my pocket during the hour or two of the divorce hearing though. I left it (and my stockman and Old Timer 7OT) in the car when I arrived at the courthouse ... I think ... I don't recall if knives were banned from the court rooms in 1988 or not, to be honest. I don't recall any metal detectors, so maybe I did have them on me all day that day.)

However, I shan't exaggerate or lie and claim it is my most used blade type.
Truth to tell, I'm not sure what my most used blade shape is or was over the years. :(
More than likely, it varied depending on my job, and the available time I had for fishing and hunting.

The Equal End is an old knife pattern, used by the time the industrial revolution hit its stride. The Spear blade also has a long history!! A punch is a little younger, but still has done its time!! The one this knife "bears", is sharp and useful!!;)HJ 10 A.jpg

Back