Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

There are several Delica Wharncliffe models with VG-10 or H-1 steel and PlainEdge or SpyderEdge.

Oh, I'm aware... :D

tpR3nUd.jpg

LyzQg18.jpg

txafxWE.jpg

I just think the Chaparral is better than the Delica in just about every way imaginable. The Dragonfly will give me a good idea of what the choil would feel like if they were to make a wharncliffe Chaparral.

G0AQsON.jpg

I just think the Chaparral is better than the Delica in just about every way imaginable. The Dragonfly will give me a good idea of what the choil would feel like if they were to make a wharncliffe Chaparral.

Nice set of Delica Wharncliffe models. :thumbsup:

I agree on the Chaparral being more desirable due to the thinner blade stock and less of a hump where the hole is. Makes for a slimmer package that slices better.

Nice scales you got on that s30v delica, where could I get me sum?

tpR3nUd.jpg

LyzQg18.jpg

txafxWE.jpg

G0AQsON.jpg

Nice scales you got on that s30v delica, where could I get me sum?

They were made by @suingab from here on the forums. He also made my a set of black canvas Micarta scales for my M4 Para3. He does really great work, I highly recommend him.

Been thinking about a chaparral lately, is there enough handle for big hands on it though?

That I can't tell you... I have baby hands and always use the choil, lol.

kNp13pp.jpg

PB0zfXv.jpg

I might have to get one to try it out, it looks like it has the same amount of blade as the delica, so that's a plus, I notice you have at least two of them, how do you like the frn compared to stepped titanium?
Would you say the frn chaparral is similar to the frn native 5?

I might have to get one to try it out, it looks like it has the same amount of blade as the delica, so that's a plus, I notice you have at least two of them, how do you like the frn compared to stepped titanium?
Would you say the frn chaparral is similar to the frn native 5?

The blade is only the smallest fraction shorter than the blade on the Delica. In use, I don't notice the difference in blade length. I like the stepped titanium a lot, but that's mainly because of the wow factor. The intricacy of the milling is amazing and shifts wonderfully under different lighting. It popped up on Massdrop for $125 when they were first discontinued, and at that price, I couldn't resist. That all being said... If I could only own one Chaparral, it would be the FRN version hands down. It's phenomenal. The weight and pattern of the scales gives it the best feeling in hand of any small knife I've held. At only about $10 more than the Delica, it's a great deal.

Especially for the steel upgrage from vg10 to xhp.
Have you noticed the blade becoming looser over continued use? Like blade play or anything like that? My next concern would be if it could be used as a lightweight workhorse.
You convinced me, i gotta grab one now. My wallet says thanks.

Especially for the steel upgrage from vg10 to xhp.
Have you noticed the blade becoming looser over continued use? Like blade play or anything like that? My next concern would be if it could be used as a lightweight workhorse.
You convinced me, i gotta grab one now. My wallet says thanks.

Not at all, and I've put the FRN Chaparral through a lot of abuse at the warehouse I work at. Holds up like a champ. It actually feels more structurally sound to me in the hand then the Delica does, but I think it might just be in my head, lol. The Chaparral has a steel backspacer, while the Delica uses FRN, the added heft just makes the Chaparral feel really solid.

I really think you'll enjoy the Chaparral, it really caught me off guard. Don't be surprised if it ruins the Delica for you though. :( Other than the Wharncliffe Delicas, the only other one I own these days is one of the Super Gold 2 exclusives.

For anyone who's interested, there's currently a Paysan (Collector #005) for sale at auction w/no apparent reserve on EB.

It's still shown as "out of stock" on the Spyderco website and presumably still unavailable at dealers as well. MSRP $800. MAP $520.

So, is it considered "officiallly" released but just not widely available? LOL! ;)

If I see it in stock at a dealer I call it delivered. Of course, Spyderco sends out only a few per dealer at the beginning of a release. Additionally, they become available sooner now in International markets and as before sooner for CC members and at the Spyderco Factory Outlet.

25. Endela VG-10 PlainEdge Black FRN (Japan)
26. Endela VG-10 SpyderEdge Black FRN (Japan)

both available at some dealers now

25. Endela VG-10 PlainEdge Black FRN (Japan)
26. Endela VG-10 SpyderEdge Black FRN (Japan)

both available at some dealers now

For OpFocus members, they're also available for sale on Spyderco's website here even though they're still marked as "coming soon." Expect that it will be switched to "new" and "sold out" there shortly.

Last edited:
At some dealers:

• Endela VG-10 PlainEdge Black FRN (Japan)
  • Endela VG-10 SpyderEdge Black FRN (Japan)

spyderco-endela-lightweight-black-frn-plain-edge-vg-10-c243pbk-31.jpg

spyderco-endela-lightweight-black-frn-plain-edge-vg-10-c243pbk-32.jpg

spyderco-endela-lightweight-black-frn-plain-edge-vg-10-c243pbk-33.jpg

spyderco-endela-lightweight-black-frn-serrated-edge-vg-10-c243sbk-31.jpg

spyderco-endela-lightweight-black-frn-serrated-edge-vg-10-c243sbk-32.jpg

spyderco-endela-lightweight-black-frn-serrated-edge-vg-10-c243sbk-33.jpg

The DLT Trading exclusive ParaMilitary2 CPM-20CV Black DLC Blade Tan G-10 is due out next week.

Shaman CPM-S90V Solid Carbon Fiber Sprint Run (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

spyderco-shaman-carbon-fiber-sprint-run-plain-edge-s90v-compression-lock-folder-c229cfp-31.jpg

spyderco-shaman-carbon-fiber-sprint-run-plain-edge-s90v-compression-lock-folder-c229cfp-32.jpg

spyderco-shaman-carbon-fiber-sprint-run-plain-edge-s90v-compression-lock-folder-c229cfp-33.jpg

Been thinking about a chaparral lately, is there enough handle for big hands on it though?
Yes! It fits my XL hand very well for a small knife. The handle is only 3.6 inches long, but the forward choil adds enough grip length that it’s comfortable. Keep in mind the handle is thin — 0.34 inches in width — so it won’t fill the palm like a thick knife. But the handle shape otherwise makes the most of that length, with a pretty tall profile and a rear that stays close to the fingers.
HjGvuAU.jpg

9ZLOTbv.jpg

Last edited:
Back