Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

sgt1372

Platinum Member
Plus Lil' Native. I like them all because the blade hole doesn't have that big hump which makes the folder wider in the pocket.

Blade Lengths:
  • Lil' Native: 2.45"
  • Native: 2.95"
  • Shaman: 3.58"
  • Native Chief: 4.08"

Yes, the Lil' Native would be a part of this family too but I didn't mention it because (although there are some exceptions) I generally do not collect knives in the 2.5" range, which are just too small for my taste.

Colorodo

Gold Member
Thank you. I did get one and a free Boker Subcom. What a deal. Sold out again.

Last edited:
Not trying to sound stupid, but does anyone know if the Rex 45 is ever going to be released again, I ask because on some sites it says out of stock, instead of discontinued, like BladeHQ. I also wonder if they'll bring previously done steels to these lw para 3 and pm2 models, such as a steel like rex, and/or superblue.

John_0917

Gold Member
Not trying to sound stupid, but does anyone know if the Rex 45 is ever going to be released again, I ask because on some sites it says out of stock, instead of discontinued, like BladeHQ. I also wonder if they'll bring previously done steels to these lw para 3 and pm2 models, such as a steel like rex, and/or superblue.
It’s possible, we’ve seen HAP40 and SB appear later on, years after sprints.

After all, REX45 is an American made HSS, it’s fairly exotic but not impossible to get.

sgt1372

Platinum Member
Any signs of a LW P4 available anywhere yet?

Don't plan on buying one but I'd like to compare one side-by-side w/a G10 P4 just to see what differences there are (apart from the obvious) between them.

RamZar

Gold Member
Added to the Upcoming List in Post #1:

• Dodo CPM-M4 Natural G-10 BladeHQ (USA)
  • Chaparral CTS-XHP White/Black G-10 (Taiwan)

jstn

Gold Member
Wow, that Dodo is going to make some people very happy. I'd love to get one but no way I could ever sharpen that blade!

RamZar

Gold Member
Is the Chap all G10 of different colors?

On the upcoming Chaparral Sun/Moon G-10, one side is White with a Red circle (depicting the Sun) and the other side is Black with a Silver circle (depicting the Moon).

9fdNuzN.png

NwdUF3I.png

Last edited:

sgt1372

Platinum Member
Congratulations to Spyderco for winning the Most Innovative American Design: Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight at the 2019 Blade Show.

Really?

Congratulations, however, while I love Spyders and own over 100 of them, someone please explain to me (and others) what exactly is "innovative" about putting FRN scales on a Para 3 and calling it "lightweight"?

RamZar

Gold Member
Really?

Congratulations, however, while I love Spyders and own over 100 of them, someone please explain to me (and others) what exactly is "innovative" about putting FRN scales on a Para 3 and calling it "lightweight"?

The winners of the various categories of the Blade Show awards are voted on by their fellow exhibiting peers.

Spyderco did a good job incorporating their compression lock into FRN handles without large nested liners thus weighing an ounce less than the G-10 model.

“The Lightweight’s streamlined design includes a minimalist liner on one side of the blade’s pivot and a separate stainless steel lock bar. Both are firmly nested into molded cavities in the scales, which also include molded-in threaded inserts that anchor key assembly screws.”

Check out the April 2019 Spyderco Byte newsletter for more details including a good video by Eric Glesser.

https://mailchi.mp/spyderco/spyderco-april-byte-2019