Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Ask Jeff Bezos why Amazon has been successful. Every interview I’ve seen where he talks about his success he credits putting the customer first. The service (or lack there of) at BBS is absurd. Sure, if Spyderco feeds them desirable exclusives they’ll sell, but I’m quite sure that no other blue chip knife maker would touch BBS. They are quite fortunate that Spyderco puts up with their horrid model.

Why all the hate for BBS? A small exclusive Spyderco dealer, commisioning small run exclusives, and selling them out repeatedly for their Retail price and 2day air shipping. ( No tax on my Smurf blue PM 2) The BBS model works ! Like it or not. Should only be one thread for BBS Hate. IMHO

Why all the hate for BBS? A small exclusive Spyderco dealer, commisioning small run exclusives, and selling them out repeatedly for their Retail price and 2day air shipping. ( No tax on my Smurf blue PM 2) The BBS model works ! Like it or not. Should only be one thread for BBS Hate. IMHO
Because they price gouge. And slap a ridiculous shipping charge on top of that. The no returns for any reason thing is news to me, but I can’t say it’s surprising.

Thanks for not letting the topic die quietly, @Va.koi guy. :thumbsup:

Because they price gouge. And slap a ridiculous shipping charge on top of that. The no returns for any reason thing is news to me, but I can’t say it’s surprising.

Thanks for not letting the topic die quietly, @Va.koi guy. :thumbsup:
And they haven’t (yet) learned that M390 really isn’t anything special anymore...I have estimated (before these and the DLC tan 20CV) that there are well over 10000 PM2s in existence made from M390 and it’s analogs (20CV and 204P)

Plus their website is clunky as. Feels like something from 1992.
Picture and price only.

Having no other information on any knives feels like a middle finger to a potential customer, like a "why should I tell you that, you are obviously incompetent and don't appreciate etc".
It forces you to go look up knives on another site to get any specs other than model and blade steel.
That rapidly removes the temptation of a impulse buy that I could have otherwise had.

Anyway - when's the Bow River shipping!

Manufacturers should start to enforce MaxAP (Maximum Advertising Price) so that greedy dealers will go out of business soon.

Spyderco.com sells all of their items for full MSRP. Maybe they should follow your MaxAP proposal.
2180349_0.jpg

Spyderco also sells their knives at 50% of MSRP to their OpFocus members - active/retired military and public safety personnel. I have the privilege of being one of the them.
I've never participated in that. How do I go about this?

Reactions: 353
Any word on the reported new knife in the works designed by Paul Alexander? In comparison to the Ikuchi, it was described at Blade Show as having a similar round flipper style but with a taller and shorter blade, more of an EDC-style knife.

Any word on the reported new knife in the works designed by Paul Alexander? In comparison to the Ikuchi, it was described at Blade Show as having a similar round flipper style but with a taller and shorter blade, more of an EDC-style knife.

I assume you are talking about the Parata which was recently released and is currently available at dealers and directly from Spyderco.

I assume you are talking about the Parata which was recently released and is currently available at dealers and directly from Spyderco.
I don't think so, at least based on the details that were reported. On his YouTube channel, JT's Knife Life had a Blade Show recap where he said it would have a wheel flipper like that on the Ikuchi. It's also supposed to have a shorter blade than the Ikuchi's, and the Parata's is longer.

I don't think so, at least based on the details that were reported. On his YouTube channel, JT's Knife Life had a Blade Show recap where he said it would have a wheel flipper like that on the Ikuchi. It's also supposed to have a shorter blade than the Ikuchi's, and the Parata's is longer.
I am very interested in this rumored new design. I just hope they don't make it in Seki.

Ok. The Parata (which has been long anticipated) was the only recently anticipated release that I was aware of and, as far as I know, the only Spyderco models attributed to Alexander are the Silverax, Ouroboros, Ikuchi and Parata.

If there's another new Alexander designed Spyderco on the horizon, I'm sure someone else with greater knowledge will eventually chime in about it.

At some dealers:

• Province CPM-4V Black G-10 (Taiwan)
  • Bow River 8Cr13MoV Black/Gray G-10 (China)

spyderco-province-ankerson-sanders-cpm-4v-bowie-fixed-blade-fb45gp-31.jpg

spyderco-province-ankerson-sanders-cpm-4v-bowie-fixed-blade-fb45gp-33.jpg

spyderco-province-ankerson-sanders-cpm-4v-bowie-fixed-blade-fb45gp-32.jpg

spyderco-bow-river-g10-phil-wilson-fixed-blade-fb46gp-31.jpg

spyderco-bow-river-g10-phil-wilson-fixed-blade-fb46gp-33.jpg

spyderco-bow-river-g10-phil-wilson-fixed-blade-fb46gp-32.jpg

Two more Exclusives coming in August 2019:

• ParaMilitary2 M390 Black DLC Blade Blue G-10 Bento Box Shop (USA) - Friday, August 16th @ 9am Pacific Time - $214.98 (including shipping)
  • Para3 M390 Red G-10 DLT Trading (USA) - Tuesday, August 20th @ 11am Central Time - $146.25 (including shipping)

Last edited:
Back