Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

I was able to grab one of Blade HQs Copper Para 2s. I am pretty pumped. It will be a heavy beast but I am OK with that. It's my first Spyderco. I am glad I was able to hold off until something like this released.

I was able to grab one of Blade HQs Copper Para 2s. I am pretty pumped. It will be a heavy beast but I am OK with that. It's my first Spyderco. I am glad I was able to hold off until something like this released.

Wow, congrats on your first Spyderco. What brand do you typically purchase?

55 new Spyderco knife models were delivered in the first 6 months of 2020 (JAN-JUN) with 30 of them (55%) being Sprint Runs, Exclusives or Flash Batches (number of all new models by month delivered are listed below):

1. JAN 2020: 8
  2. FEB 2020: 10
  3. MAR 2020: 11
  4. APR 2020: 10
  5. MAY 2020: 7
  6. JUN 2020: 9

Last edited:
Wow, congrats on your first Spyderco. What brand do you typically purchase?

For about ten years, I was was big into Benchmade. The next ten years, I was big into Emerson. As of recent, 2-3 years, I have been grabbing up Chris Reeve, Hinderers and GECs.

I liked many Spyderco models but when it comes to my knives, I like them made in the USA. This Para 2 was just perfect. Copper, high carbon blade, and made in the USA! If they ever make something like this for the Shaman, I would love that.

Why would anyone want a knife with copper handles? You are aware that copper is soft and heavy, right? Someone please explain.

Why would anyone want a knife with copper handles? You are aware that copper is soft and heavy, right? Someone please explain.
It’s heavy and it looks cool. It’s just something different. Same reason anyone wants titanium or aluminum: durability, weight, looks.

It is all about the patina. The more you use it, the better it gets. I honestly prefer brass but the colors you can get in a copper patina are amazing.

I picked up this liking of patina from the traditional knife world and their use of carbon steel. It’s fun to see the knife age with you. It’s shows it has been loved.

For me:
#1: Collectability. I already have 3 other PM2 and already have 3 other REX-45 Spyderco's. I dont need a new PM2 and I dont need more REX-45. Many guys are saying: "you only own 3?" ...well now I own 4.

#2: Fun Factor & Curiosity. They've significantly reconfigured how the PM2 is built and I want to see how I like this version of the platform.

#3: I dont care about the weight. Not every knife that I own needs to be lightweight. I have plenty of light knives. I've carried a knife about as heavy, a Benchmade Adamas a lot. It's a great knife, it really is, and the weight didnt bother me... it was the overall carry profile and thickness that I didnt like. I already know that I like the profile and thickness of a PM2. If you're wearing pants that fit and/or a proper belt, the weight is nothing. I'm not a small guy.

#4: I like the look and I want it. Enough said.

#5: Its financially risk free. If I dont like it, or get bored with it, at minimum I'll be able to get my money back out of it.

I am very impressed by the work done by Spyderco to offer us diversity and options.
That is great from a customer experience point of view

this being said, I am all on the hype of the tanto PM2. A tacticool DLC version would be great ;)

Does anyone know of any rex 45 knives available anywhere? Lil native rex 45 is gone at ksf.. waiting on cheif rex 45 to drop, or manix 2 rex 45.

Back