Spyderco Spyderco Drunken Thoughts?

Haha, that was a terribly low hanging fruit, but hilarious none the less. In all reality though, I absolutely love the blade shape, I have a Spydiechef coming on Friday and I'm super excited about it. It would definitely get carry time by me, but I would probably baby the heck out of it still, which is not the point of a knife at all. Thanks for all the replies everyone, really great to see everyone's input on the matter and I must say I really like this community of folks so far!

Well I guess America's great again, if we even can be thinking about spending +/- $400 on something like that.

Personally I'd put the money, wisely of course, somewhere in the Stock Market and have it do something for me. In ten years you could probably buy a hundred of these things. Where's you're Drunken gonna be then?

Just sayin'.

Its not competing against these knives offered imho... And they don't all compete with other knives from other brands.

But yea, most people dropping this coin are doing it because they want the makers work but not want to spend 1000$

For me anyway, the price very much places it in competition with two grails I’ve been pining over—& I don’t think they’re going to be knocked off my list.

But your thoughts on the topic are really interesting and I’ve never considered them before. It sorta explains some things about the Drunken & Paysan, I guess. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mo2
For me anyway, the price very much places it in competition with two grails I’ve been pining over—& I don’t think they’re going to be knocked off my list.

But your thoughts on the topic are really interesting and I’ve never considered them before. It sorta explains some things about the Drunken & Paysan, I guess. :thumbsup:
Interested cause you didn't mention what they were. What are your two grails?

Well I guess America's great again, if we even can be thinking about spending +/- $400 on something like that.

Personally I'd put the money, wisely of course, somewhere in the Stock Market and have it do something for me. In ten years you could probably buy a hundred of these things. Where's you're Drunken gonna be then?

Just sayin'.

Excluding inflation, that’s an annual yield of roughly 60% . Please introduce me to your broker.

Mo2 Mo2 I don’t want to derail OP’s thread, but here you go:

The Kinfe Art Large CF Inkosi Insingo or a stylish Olamic Swish (not overdone). Yes, they’re both a bit more than the Drunken, but crossing the $400 mark puts them in the same-ish category for me.

At the $400 price point, you’re not buying material. You’re buying “special”.

The question to answer is, “is the Drunken $400 special to YOU?”

Reactions: Mo2

Just sayin'.
Alright, but this is true of every dollar you ever spend in that case. Why go to dinner? Invest that 30 to 50 bucks into stock.

Anyways, I like the knife, but at the price I would just never do it. I'd either grab something like a CRK, or maybe a Begg glimpse or something.

Right.
And the value of “special” is debatable and different for different collectors.

Yep, now I think I get it, it might be to me, but I'm wondering if the Sypdiechef might be similar enough to scratch that itch for me!

Just sayin'.

You're on a knife forum, you understand that, right?

I don't get that at all, I say 3 knives in a month, cry about it later, and enjoy yourself for the 10 years instead.

Just sayin'.

Following your logic, everyone in this world should be a millionaire. I have seen too many people who lost money in the stock market.

Yep, now I think I get it, it might be to me, but I'm wondering if the Sypdiechef might be similar enough to scratch that itch for me!
The SpydieChef is hard to beat, even at much higher price levels. The Drunken has clear similarities, but I'll be surprised if its blade is as good a slicer as the SpydieChef's. I hope at least the Drunken's materials and finishing, if not the quality of construction, will seem enough better than the SpydieChef's to justify its higher price.

The SpydieChef is hard to beat, even at much higher price levels. The Drunken has clear similarities, but I'll be surprised if its blade is as good a slicer as the SpydieChef's. I hope at least the Drunken's materials and finishing, if not the quality of construction, will seem enough better than the SpydieChef's to justify its higher price.
I'm hoping that you're right. I have heard that the Spydiechef is ground very thin making it very very slicey, which I absolutely love. I do hope the Drunken is finished far better and whatnot too. I think I may be just kinda fanboying over Dmitry Sinkevich, but what can I say, he has an amazing style.

I like the Drunken's style a lot, too. Carry and use the SpydieChef, and then see how you feel.

Back